Robot Chicken: Star Wars Special 2

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Robot Chicken: Star Wars Special 2
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-11-16, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Oh, I've seen it. BTW, part two of that comes on Sunday night at 11:30 on Adult Swim. I'm looking forward to it. Seth Green was on Conan last night and showed a clip.
Head's up...15 minutes until the second Robot Chicken take on "Star Wars".
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-11-16, 23:21

Quote:
Head's up...15 minutes until the second Robot Chicken take on "Star Wars".
Gah! Thanks for the reminder.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-11-16, 23:42

Holy crap, that's pretty funny.

I could watch two hours of the Emperor before I'd ever watch one of the prequels again.

The drag-racing ATATs and the Emperor flipping off Vader was great.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-11-16, 23:59

Split from the Star Trek thread in case anyone wants to chat about it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-11-17, 00:02

And they're playing the original one now. Gotta love Vader's collect call to the emperor. That one never gets old.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-11-17, 00:44

I loved seeing the Vader call on YouTube. Where can I see the newest one?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-11-17, 09:21

It just premiered last night on Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network, so they'll probably replay it there at some point (unless people have already uploaded parts of it to YouTube). Check the Adult Swim website for schedule info.

EDIT: when you go there, you're greeted with a big Vader splash screen that says "SW II in video", but I don't see it anywhere there. Odd...

Oh well...I guess they'll have it up on the site itself at some point soon?
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2008-11-17, 10:58

Quote:
It just premiered last night on Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network, so they'll probably replay it there at some point (unless people have already uploaded parts of it to YouTube). Check the Adult Swim website for schedule info.

EDIT: when you go there, you're greeted with a big Vader splash screen that says "SW II in video", but I don't see it anywhere there. Odd...

Oh well...I guess they'll have it up on the site itself at some point soon?
its up now

g

i never knew boba fett's ship name..."F" you stripey bag....you look like a little angry pepper shaker

many funny lines...

Last edited by thegelding : 2008-11-17 at 11:23.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-11-17, 11:46

The little Death Star mouse is so cute...he's wearing the helmet and clothes you see those other Imperial officers wear. And the Cloud City dinner scene, with Han and Boba, makes me laugh out loud. When Boba does the gun motion and the vocalized "shooting" sound...

"P-CHWWWW!"

That's just funny stuff. I hope they do another. I saw an interview with Seth Green and one of the other creators and Green was talking about how there is just so much material to work with, and it's true...six films, thirty years, everyone knows them well enough to "get it", etc. Limitless opportunities for fun and laughs. They could easily make another couple of these, I think. As long as the Emperor factors in heavily, it'll be great. Boba Fett's pretty funny too.

"Back from the dead, assholes!"

Kinda has a bit of Seinfeld's "Jimmy" in him, the third-person references and excessive love of self..."Ooh, Boba's got a light saber...".

I also noticed that "Sheila" seems to be the Empire's main secretary because she was mentioned/contacted twice (when the Emperor was placing a bounty hunter ad, and then Vader mentioned here at one point as well).

That would be a fun project to work on.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2008-11-17, 13:00

This deal is getting worse all the time...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-11-17, 13:06

I like when Lando tosses something into the background and it hits the stormtrooper on the head. Little things like that.

How long does it take to do this sort of thing, a sequence like the Emperor at the hair salon? All that stop-motion stuff just seems so tedious and time-consuming (I know, I know...that's how all this stuff was done prior to CGI).

Do they just use a still camera and click a single pic, then move the characters? How do they time it so it matches with the dialogue so well? I guess there's a formula to go by, regarding frame count and elapsed time.

Has anyone here ever tried that? All you'd need is a digital camera, a tripod, some toys and a boatload of patience, right?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-11-17, 21:12

That was funny! I laughed pretty hard over that one.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2008-11-18, 09:42

I recorded this, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Sounds like I should try to make time this evening.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-11-18, 11:36

It was funny. But I laughed the hardest at the dinner scene with Admiral Ackbar.

"I guess I'll have the insensitive bitch! With a side of F- you!"

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-11-18, 11:47

I think it's funny that Lucas, of all people, gave these guys the go-ahead to pee all over 30-plus years of his legacy.

They're really turning this stuff on its head, and Lucas has even participated! They've made Vader an inept dumbass, the Emperor is some drama head, Boba is a frat boy, etc.

You watch this stuff too much, it's a bit odd going back and watching the real movies. You find yourself imagining the Emperor and Vader having one of their "exchanges".
Wrao
Yarp

2008-11-18, 12:23

"Manners are their own reward, Gentlemen"
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2008-11-18, 14:00

Quote:
IThey're really turning this stuff on its head, and Lucas has even participated! They've made Vader an inept dumbass, the Emperor is some drama head, Boba is a frat boy, etc.
Well, Vader did let a bunch of pesky kids blow up his death star. Twice. He had a whole fleet at his command and couldn't stop one lonely ship; kinda makes him pretty damn inept.