User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Should it be called AppleOutsider any more?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Should it be called AppleOutsider any more?
sunrain
Veteran Member

2004-07-13, 23:52

In order to cement myself as a complete rabble rouser...

I was just pondering that since we got rid of the other subtle name similarities between our community and the 'other' community, it seems as though this name also should change. I know we have other similar categories, but this particular one references the former name. I don't have any particular name in mind, it just seemed like a subtle reminder of a time we might best let rest.

Yes? No? Go back to my corner?

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs
sunrain
Veteran Member

2004-07-13, 23:54

Maybe TerraNova?

*ducks*
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-14, 04:06

Aldo Nova's Mystery Lounge!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-14, 04:11

Fantasy Bar. Let 'em all wonder, or figure it out...

Hey, wait...

And when you click on the link to go to it, you hear that riff and solo from the song. Aldo would be proud...we'd give new life to a cock-rock anthem!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-07-14 at 04:17.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-14, 04:25

Dude, that's awesome! Now I have to buy some of Aldo Nova's music in commemoration of this place.

Argh! Why the hell is it $11 to buy the 11-track album? Damn record companies forcing Apple to charge extra. They should sell albums for $10 to encourage people to buy the whole thing.
Powerdoc
Cat's Dreamlands

2004-07-14, 05:52

We should call it : In the Heart of the Volcano
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-14, 08:27

Well, .com stole the AppleOutsider name from Mandricard, so I don't think there is any issue in keeping it. Not everything has to be different here. At .com, I avoided AO like the plague. I really like the idea that I've been visiting AppleOutsider on AN without being terrified and apprehesive.

Let's keep AppleOutsider! ... as it is right now on AppleNova. The formula works. There is absolutely no point in changing such a good thing.

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.