Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

MacBook Take Apart Pictures

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MacBook Take Apart Pictures
loebjack

Send a message via AIM to loebjack  
2006-05-17, 18:51

We just received some of the new MacBooks and of course wanted to take one apart. Here are some pictures of the inside of Apple's new iBook replacement. It is much easer to take apart than any other Apple laptop and the hard drive comes out with less effort then the RAM.

Pictures here
http://www.powermax.com/articles_rev...icle.php?id=26

Jacob Loeb
Ask Jacob
Articles
neiltc13

2006-05-17, 19:04

"All but the most serious gamers" is a ridiculous exaggeration.
loebjack

2006-05-17, 19:11

I can see your point but Apple is making a hard division between Pro users and home/small business users. The only thing a home user would not like about the integrated Intel graphics would be playing games.

Jacob Loeb
Ask Jacob
Articles
neiltc13

2006-05-17, 19:15

Therefore, wouldn't a more appropriate way to phrase it be:

"Some people will balk at the integrated Intel graphics, which are slower for complex games and other OpenGL applications. The MacBook is not a gamer's machine - even those who want to play games like The Sims 2 will feel the bottleneck"
loebjack

2006-05-17, 19:27

It just seems everyone is kicking Apple for using integrated graphics. I have even voiced by disappointment before with the Mac Minis but I am worming up to the idea. All it means is basic users are going to need more than 512MB RAM. Heavy users need a pro system. It is just a glass half full kind of statement.

Jacob Loeb
Ask Jacob
Articles
neiltc13

2006-05-17, 19:32

Indeed. When you consider just how cheap the MacBook is for what you're getting and try to find a similarly specc'd PC notebook for the same price, you realise that there's not really any room for a GPU.

After all, do you really want to play games on a 13.3 inch screen? Even ALIENWARE use integrated graphics in their super-light model.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-05-17, 19:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltc13
Indeed. When you consider just how cheap the MacBook is for what you're getting and try to find a similarly specc'd PC notebook for the same price, you realise that there's not really any room for a GPU.

After all, do you really want to play games on a 13.3 inch screen? Even ALIENWARE use integrated graphics in their super-light model.
Um, yes I do.

And it's not only for games.

The problem is, Apple doesn't have a middle ground. I'm not spending 2000 dollars just for a GPU in my laptop.
RichieB

2006-05-17, 22:01

Err... to try and bring the thread back on track, NICE PICTURES!

Although I for one, am loathe to see the innards of any Apple technology I have bought/might buy. Makes things look so... well... ordinary, stripped of all the glorious design and appointments one tends to associate with Macs. I feel like I might be looking at just any other computer.
Maybe even a windows machine! Yikes! and then I start to get nightmares! sigh.

Here tonight, we have, ah, apple and orange. We all different, but in the end, we all fruit.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-05-17, 22:30

Gosh, whenever I see the insides of an Apple laptop, I can't help but think of Luca.

I wonder why that is?
colivigan
Veteran Member

2006-05-17, 22:30

Quote:
Although I for one, am loathe to see the innards of any Apple technology I have bought/might buy. Makes things look so... well... ordinary, stripped of all the glorious design and appointments one tends to associate with Macs. I feel like I might be looking at just any other computer.
I know what you mean. Like when the pretty dress comes off.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-05-17, 22:42

Apple even uses better colored motherboards.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2006-05-18, 00:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept
I wonder why that is?
Clearly because he's a fireman.
MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-05-18, 05:34

Please correct me if I am wrong but based on those pics it looks like it's easier to replace the hard drive than it is to replace the ram chips???

this message was brought to you by MrENGLISH™
WARNING: may contain Sarcasm and/or Bad Spelling