Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

House Guest

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
House Guest
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2006-03-17, 01:42

So I'm letting this chick stay in my spare bedroom until she can move back into her place on the weekend. She just came home drunk as hell, mind you underaged, and passed out in my bathroom.

How do I handle this? I'm not complaining that she's drunk underage, but that she passed out in my bathroom.. I think she's sleeping.

Murbot, your advice?

User formally known as Sh0eWax
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-03-17, 01:46

The only thing you can do is go in there and take a dump...actually, find a mexican place that's still open, eat, than go into your bathroom and take a dump.

Is she underage (under 18) or is she underage (under 21)? There's a big difference.

Come waste your time with me
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2006-03-17, 02:31

Oh no, she's not a minor, just under 21. Stupid drunk, obviously this would happen to me on the night when I'm cold sober and can't just be oblivious about this.

Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2006-03-17, 06:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej
(...)

Murbot, your advice?
Do I sense some malicious intentions?

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-03-17, 06:34

Well if she's over 18, the only sensible thing to do is put her in your bed. Not necessarily anything more than that.

The next morning she'll wake up and think "oh my god, what have i done!?"... then you walk in with a tray of coffee and toast, and say something from here.

You ask me for a hamburger.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2006-03-17, 07:29

...and later next morning, the cops will roll up and charge you with rape. Gee, I hope this isn't going to turn into a "men are sick twisted fucks" thread.

Get her up, put her in her own bed, try to get her to drink some water. Assuming you don't want it to happen again, in the morning say something really patronising like, while it's clear she doesn't yet have enough experience with alcohol to know when she's had too much, you'd appreciate it if she would try to exercise enough discretion before she moves out to avoid a repeat of last night's performance.
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2006-03-17, 08:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester
...and later next morning, the cops will roll up and charge you with rape. Gee, I hope this isn't going to turn into a "men are sick twisted fucks" thread.

Get her up, put her in her own bed, try to get her to drink some water. Assuming you don't want it to happen again, in the morning say something really patronising like, while it's clear she doesn't yet have enough experience with alcohol to know when she's had too much, you'd appreciate it if she would try to exercise enough discretion before she moves out to avoid a repeat of last night's performance.
*ding ding ding ding ding*

Sensibility, hmmm, go figure, wonder if that would work
mattf

2006-03-17, 08:13

Never mind putting in her a bed (her own or yours). Put her in the bath. 2 reasons:

1. It's easier to clean up any vomit
2. It's hell waking up in a bath. Trust me (errr, I know this guy who knows this guy who......). After waking up in a bath with a serious hangover and ceramic dust stuck to her face, she'll go off the booze for a couple of months. Just the right amount of time for her to have moved out of your abode.

Oh yes, and just to TOTALLY derail this thread, what the hell is up with you Yanks? What possible reason could you have for allowing somebody to drive a ton of metal at the age of, what, 5? But not allow them to drink until they're practically alzheimic? 21? Give me a fecking break.....

Draconian doesn't even begin to describe it.

Last edited by mattf : 2006-03-17 at 10:43.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2006-03-17, 10:34

Yeah, I was gonna ask what the "big difference" is between if she's underage (under 18) or underage (under 21). Cryptic!
¡Damned!

2006-03-17, 10:40

Bragging rights.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-03-17, 10:42

I guess the situation has resolved itself by now, but in the future, if you run into a passed out drunk, put them in the recovery position to keep them from asphyxiating to death if they vomit.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-03-17, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709
Bragging rights.
Zing!
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-03-17, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Yeah, I was gonna ask what the "big difference" is between if she's underage (under 18) or underage (under 21). Cryptic!
Uh... age 18 = age of consent; so, under 18 = statutory rape.

(Btw, mattf, driver's license 'permit' at age 15.5; regular driver's license, age 16.

In some of the farm states, kids can drive tractors at age 14, I think.

In France, the age of consent is 14, isn't it. Oh, those naughty froggies. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2006-03-17, 11:20

I thought we were talking about alcohol, not sex. Okay. If someone has sex with someone incapable of giving consent (e.g. so drunk they fall asleep in the bathroom) they are guilty of rape under common law, never mind statutory rape.

Still, according to this this chart, the age of consent in the US varies from state to state and is 14 (for girls only?!) in Iowa and South Carolina.

In France it is 15.
mattf

2006-03-17, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept
(Btw, mattf, driver's license 'permit' at age 15.5; regular driver's license, age 16.

In some of the farm states, kids can drive tractors at age 14, I think.

In France, the age of consent is 14, isn't it. Oh, those naughty froggies. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
I don't know Carol, why do you always have to bring up the subject of sex; it's like you're obsessed or something.

Is it really as high as 15.5? I was under the impression that it could be a bit lower than that, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Still, 21 to be allowed to (buy) drink? WTF? I'd gone off getting drunk by the age of 21 (that's actually not 100% true, but not far from it).
¡Damned!

2006-03-17, 11:24

That's an interesting chart Dorian.

New Mexico is great. AoC is 17 if you're straight, but 16 if you're gay. Awesome.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2006-03-17, 11:41

mattf, while I agree that an age restriction of 21 for buying alcohol is a little weird (even if it's rarely enforced), I don't think we have much to boast about in the UK. We have huge drink problems with young people here. Two of my friends started drinking heavily during the week in their late teens and had become alcoholics by their early twenties. But it's a cultural problem, not a problem with drinking laws.

Regarding the age of consent to sexual intercourse, I think in Spain it's 13 (it used to be 12). That seems too low to me. I know 13-year-olds who definitely aren't mature enough to make an informed decision about the risks involved (though I suppose I also know 25-year-olds who seem equally immature... )
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2006-03-17, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709
That's an interesting chart Dorian.

New Mexico is great. AoC is 17 if you're straight, but 16 if you're gay. Awesome.
I think that was the NAMBLA clause...
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-03-17, 11:59

Gotta admit- it's a little weird that New Mexico is A-OK with gays at 16, but in Utah, it's illegal entirely while AoC is at 16... and they're neighboring....

Go figure.
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2006-03-17, 12:04

I had no idea the AoC varied so much.

Driving ages are different everywhere though, here in PA, you get your permit when you are 16, and license only at 16.5. Of course that was how it was when I got my license, and only changed to that a couple years before, and they might have changed it after me.

I think it used to be permit at 15.5 and license at 16.

I've never seen small boys get in trouble for riding a tractor or horse and buggy though. Those amish get away with EVERYTHING!
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2006-03-17, 12:08

Most rural communities have allowances for children on farms going about farm business. When I was growing up, the kid across the street would take the tractor down the highway to the store for supplies. He was five. The tractor was a full-sized orchard tractor with 5' rear wheels. He had no problems with the thing. Some new folks moved into the neighborhood and called 911 in a panic to report a runaway tractor with a child trapped on it. The operator asked if it was a little blonde kid on a faded green tractor with a red hood. When they said yes, the operator laughed and welcomed them to the neighborhood.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-03-17, 12:34

So you didn't asnwer this. What's your relationship with this chick. How do you know her, how well do you know her, and why did she ask you to stay at your place rather than someone else.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
mattf

2006-03-17, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
mattf, while I agree that an age restriction of 21 for buying alcohol is a little weird (even if it's rarely enforced), I don't think we have much to boast about in the UK. We have huge drink problems with young people here. Two of my friends started drinking heavily during the week in their late teens and had become alcoholics by their early twenties. But it's a cultural problem, not a problem with drinking laws.
Oh, I totally agree. We do have a major cultural problem in this country and it's getting worse (or I'm getting older ). I remember going to Germany on a school exchange when I was 16. One night we all went to some little town and drank beer in a little square. The British kids loved it, and tried to get as rat-arsed as possible. The German kids just couldn't understand it. As far as they were concerned, they were just out to have a couple of beers while talking to their friends. That memory has stuck with me.

I suppose what I find difficult to understand is the disparity in the US. The idea that you're allowed to get married at the age of 16 (right?) but not allowed to go to a bar for another 5 years is, well, alien to me. It's been raised before and no doubt Windswept will jump on it, but it's puritanical.

Quote:
Regarding the age of consent to sexual intercourse, I think in Spain it's 13 (it used to be 12). That seems too low to me. I know 13-year-olds who definitely aren't mature enough to make an informed decision about the risks involved (though I suppose I also know 25-year-olds who seem equally immature... )
I apologise, I hadn't realised that the Spanish age of consent may have been raised. If it has, it's still far too low.

Back to the original poster. Make sure you play lots of loud music today.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-03-17, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattf
Back to the original poster. Make sure you play lots of loud music today.
I used to work in a garage and if they found out you had a hangover, whoo-buddy. Somehow, everyone managed to drop big metallic things on other big metallic things as you were happening by. That, and the pneumatic drills .
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2006-03-17, 13:25

Alrighty..

Well she's close friends with my roommate, who is gone, but I know her quite well. We've borderline dated in the past, but that is all over now.

None-the-less, after finding her passed out sitting on the toilet, I put her in the bath tub.. thats when she got a little stupid. Since she's was probably passed out on the toilet for a good 2 hours before I even noticed; I had been in a heated game of scrabble with my friend for the past few hours, she's sobering up to point of being comparable to a middle-ages peasant (comprehension wise).

Since she's about to pass out in the bath tub, I convince her to shower and go to bed. I figured this would be a win-win situation for two reasons:

1) I could shower in the morning before work, since no one would be in the tub

2) If I'm lucky she'll throw up in my roommates bed, for abandoning me with this.

So she agrees, and I proceed to leave and get ready for bed. I hear the water running, followed by more puking, water, puking, a disgusting slow dance of water and vomit for about 15 minutes. Or so I think.

Somehow she managed to get her coat into the bathtub, and now created a tub about half full of puke and brown water - stuffed clogged w/ her coat. After this magical adventure she has stumbled to bed - without the shower, and I'm assuming covered with filth.

In the morning I find the tub mostly clean, but a bottle of shampoo spilled on my floor and general disorder around the bathroom. I hear her talking on the cell in the other room, I clean up, sterilize the tub, toilet and surrounding walls, and leave for work.

All has turned out beautifully. and I think she'll be leaving today.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-03-17, 16:23

Wow. I hope she's embarassed.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2006-03-17, 17:10

She called me about an hour ago, hysterical etc, so... I think she is quite embarrassed.