User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Las Vegas Dining/Nightlife

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Las Vegas Dining/Nightlife
splacid

2011-07-21, 23:15

I'm headed to Vegas next week with a group of people and unfortunately there hasn't been as much planning as I would like. I've seen some great tips from others here and would greatly appreciate suggestions for the following:
  • Fun, lively, preferably Asian-themed restaurant/bar for around 35 people to enjoy dinner and drinks, ideally not too pricey. On or off the strip.
  • Any must-visit bar or other nightlife venue that is more casual than "clubby." Again, not too pricey—no cover would be great.
  • I haven't been to Vegas since 1999 so any other suggestions for hotels, restaurants, bars, shows or shopping to check out.
I don't mind splurging a little, as long as we're not talking about places that charge $20+ for a drink (though I really want to try one of those guitar-shaped 80-ouncers... once!) Thanks in advance!
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2011-07-22, 10:27

I would say check out XS, it is at Encore next the Wynn. Really great club, it opens up to the pool and there are lounges and the such to relax at till about 4am. the only downside is there is a cover charge, but from last time i was there that seems to be the case at every club in Vegas. As for dinner places, yelp... the drinks seem to be between 10-25 depending on what you are drinking, so hit up a costco and pre party a little before hitting the clubs to keep some costs down, or look into bottle service if you have a huge group that wants to go out.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2011-07-22, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by splacid View Post
I'm headed to Vegas next week with a group of people and unfortunately there hasn't been as much planning as I would like. I've seen some great tips from others here and would greatly appreciate suggestions for the following:

[*]Fun, lively, preferably Asian-themed restaurant/bar

There's only one answer to this question.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
splacid

2011-07-22, 14:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souflay123 View Post
I would say check out XS, it is at Encore next the Wynn. Really great club, it opens up to the pool and there are lounges and the such to relax at till about 4am. the only downside is there is a cover charge, but from last time i was there that seems to be the case at every club in Vegas. As for dinner places, yelp... the drinks seem to be between 10-25 depending on what you are drinking, so hit up a costco and pre party a little before hitting the clubs to keep some costs down, or look into bottle service if you have a huge group that wants to go out.
Thanks, I'll check out XS. I'm also considering Mix Lounge at Mandalay Bay, it's supposed to have a great view of the strip from a rooftop terrace. Ever been there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
There's only one answer to this question.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
What is this wonderful place?
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2011-07-23, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by splacid View Post
What is this wonderful place?
I think the picture is actually from a restaurant in Shanghai or something but I'd be shocked if some of these Vegas hotels don't offer private rooms where you can literally have food served off the belly of a hot woman (Asian or as specified). This has been a thing for a few years now. You can get pretty much whatever you want as long as you pay for it. If you're serious I would just ask your hotel rep for a private chat and see what can be arranged. Obviously they're not going to arrange prostitution but if it's strictly ornamental I bet they could arrange it for a private room / party.

...into the light of a dark black night.
splacid

2011-07-23, 13:20

Oh wow, that's definitely well beyond what I'm looking for... I just picked Asian because the group I'm with enjoys Asian food! Thanks for the tip, though—didn't know that was possible!
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2011-07-25, 17:46

I live in Vegas - am I the only one now that Robo is gone? I dunno. Anyway unfortunately I am really not a going out/party/club type of guy so I'm as clueless about the night scene here as anybody.

I do know of one cool place though. It's on Fremont street, right at the corner of Fremont and Las Vegas Blvd., called Insert Coin(s). They call themselves a "videolounge gamebar". You really have to be into video games to get into it, but basically it's one part classic standup video game arcade, one part nightclub. They have booths and booth service as well as a bar, but the twist is that instead of TVs at the bar, they have... well TVs, but they're attached to game consoles.

So if you sit at the bar and buy a drink, they'll hand you the controller of your choice and you can play any games you want, for free. The booths, similarly, are comprised of the standard high-walled comfy booth couch and cushions, and then there's two big TV screens facing you, again with all the consoles and a huge library of console games to choose from. There's also a dance floor and a DJ, and the standup arcade games are actually pretty awesome. Mostly old school and original, like an original Donkey Kong machine, and there are at least 30-40 arcade games there. Pretty nice variety.

It's fun, lively, it's a bar, it's usually packed, but it's not Asian. http://www.insertcoinslv.com/
splacid

2011-07-25, 21:18

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out if I get the chance!