User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Just the Tip

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Just the Tip
¡Damned!

2014-11-09, 18:27

There's a lot of really silly and forehead-slapping moments we've all had over the last years, so I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone has as far as tips. They don't even have to be the most efficient, just neat stuff you've incorporated into your runnings.

For example, we all started in some way or another with a wall of furnaces (I've always done 36, even in Beta… don't judge):

Of course I still have the 3x12 for massive cooking like sand and such, but I do so love this little kit on the side:

It's my slowcooker, and it's great! It takes a while, obviously, but if I'm just farting around the base it doesn't matter. I've burned all my mushroom blocks (because they were a huge weirdness since day 1), some fences and gates and a ton of other crap I accidentally made too much of.

Simple, smart. You could even cut it in half easily.

Bring your tips! Your neat stuff! Anything you're proud of or you sit in front of and go, hmm, this is nice.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-11-09 at 18:54.
¡Damned!

2014-11-09, 19:05

Here's one I put a lot of time into figuring out. 12 chests, many enchants. What is the best and most reasonable assortment? This. I'm pretty proud of myself, honestly.

So it goes.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2015-07-23, 19:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Here's one I put a lot of time into figuring out. 12 chests, many enchants. What is the best and most reasonable assortment? This. I'm pretty proud of myself, honestly.
I'm going to shamelessly steal this and then do it the CORRECT way:
  • Silk Touch
  • Fortune

• Efficiency
  • Unbreaking

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-07-23, 21:26

So far the only thing I an think to show is my kitchen ovens at the mansion:

I wasn't able to put the chests feeding the fuel in the wall without major modification but it's a double chest that feeds the two furnaces and a double chest that feeds the fuel. There are also hoppers to feed the double chest on the floor for the completed goods.

Edit: I just pushed it back into the wall more:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2015-07-23 at 21:54.
¡Damned!

2015-07-24, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
I'm going to shamelessly steal this and then do it the CORRECT way:
  • Silk Touch
  • Fortune

• Efficiency
  • Unbreaking

HA!

I think my rationale was that I had very few Silk Touch & Fortune and oodles of Efficiency & Unbreaking, so the arrangement made sense storage-wise.

If I had to do it over I'd put in double-chests instead of singles, but that was before the new enchanting system when you'd blow all 30XP on one book.

So it goes.