Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

GOP President Donald J. Trump : Year Three

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
GOP President Donald J. Trump : Year Three
¡Damned!

2019-01-02, 17:40

Year Three, people.

The Leader and moral compass of the Republican Party is by all accounts very popular in the Evangelical Community and why would we ever question his fitness because Jerry Falwell Jr. says you're going to hell if you question anything.

I got a Krups smokeless grill for xmas and I'm pretty sure it's a searer and not a grill. The interior of burgers are still pretty fleshy - which is fine for me - but might be a little bloody for guests. Pork will be the real test because I eat a shit-ton of pork.

Anyways, holy 2018 indictments. 2019 is going to be a crazy mess in the USA. Thoughts and prayers.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2019-01-02 at 17:55.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-01-03, 04:53

Will be interesting to see what a Trump presidency looks like without a supermajority.
Dr. Bobsky

2019-01-03, 10:31

What exactly is a smokeless grill?

Now that I've looked it up: yeah that's just an electric skillet with a grill pattern. If you reduce the temperature you might be able to get the inside cooked before the outside chars.

At the rate we're going, maybe you could just leave your meat outside for a bit...
Windswept
On Pacific time

2019-01-06, 17:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
2019 is going to be a crazy mess in the USA.
Throughout the last two years, I have repeatedly come to the conclusion that the democracy built on our Constitution was just not working. Each time there was a ray of hope, DT did something to counteract it, and plunged the nation back into hopelessness. I couldn't help envying autocratic countries whose leaders constructed 5, 10, and 20-year infrastructure plans and regularly achieved goals in those plans without a congressional gridlock. One problem with our democracy is that we have at least 35% of the voters who are not well-educated and who don't seek to be -- much like the president they support.

Having said all that, I can hardly wait to see what the House Democrats, Mueller's investigators and the prosecutors of the Southern District of NY will do. At least 17 different investigations, apparently. We will all be living through and witnessing the making of history. Perhaps the most effective prosecutions will be those in the Southern District of NY, because DT can't grant pardons to people convicted of *state* crimes, afaik. The various DT organizations for fraud, tax evasion and possibly money-laundering for fat cats from Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Ukraine. Mitt Romney will be free to speak up against DT in a way that other Republican Senators have been too spineless to do, since Romney has the complete backing of Utah, and nothing DT could say would ever change that.

I have been shying away from the stock market because of the recent and upcoming chaos, but I may put in a *buy* order for a few thousand dollars worth of company X effective tomorrow morning. Even though the market has been down and erratic, I pretty much never sell, because everything I hold was bought at much lower prices than they have fallen to, and they will all go back up eventually, I believe, because all my companies are quality companies. Still, I am being very cautious, and have kept a decent amount in cash. The market keeps crashing because so many brokers have their clients' accounts on automatic *sell* if the least little thing happens. Presents great buying opportunities for careful investors... like me.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2019-01-08, 01:13

Buy a fuckin' Webber.

Smokeless grill? FFS. Smoke is good. Carcinogenic? Sure. But so is bacon.

It's your choice 709.

I've spent 3 years learning the gentle art of low and slow and here I am telling a yank to buy a fuckin' Webber.

I can't go through another year of Trump. I'm sick of the fucking hate, the negativity, the dumbing down, the offensive behaviour. I'm definitely sick of the US having a president WHO IS CLEARLY FUCKING MENTALLY DISABLED.

This is the worst version of the emperor has no clothes ever.
¡Damned!

2019-01-08, 01:51

I'm sure is was a kindness meant to tide me over during the long, dark and cold months from my Weber kettle outside. The way it's been going though I may just grab another bag of charcoal – it was 50°(10°C) yesterday when I should be balls-deep in the white stuff by now.

So it goes.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2019-01-08, 05:17

I’m sorry... balls-deep in the white stuff has me conjuring images of Grey going all out “Tony Montana” style on us!
Dr. Bobsky

2019-01-08, 15:13

That's not how it's done, normally, Mac+...
Mac+
9" monochrome

2019-01-08, 16:33

Haha... good to see some action on the forum again!

Bb - you should visit Margie!

HNY to you and all still hangin’ about.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2019-01-08, 20:46

This address tonight better be over within an hour, if NCIS New Orleans gets run over I'm gonna be pissed.
¡Damned!

2019-01-09, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+ View Post
I’m sorry... balls-deep in the white stuff has me conjuring images of Grey going all out “Tony Montana” style on us!
And it was glorious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
That's not how it's done, normally, Mac+...
Ahh, youth.
¡Damned!

2019-01-09, 18:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post
This address tonight better be over within an hour, if NCIS New Orleans gets run over I'm gonna be pissed.
The deepest cut of all for Gameshow Host is that the awkward Dem rebuttal got higher TV ratings than his weird script reading. That alone should get Sniffy McDrugaddict some additional 'Executive Time' to be soothed by his propaganda network.

So it goes.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2019-01-10, 19:22

Quote:
I like that show, too. The guy that plays LaSalle (Lucas Black?), did he also play the teenage boy in the movie with Matt Damon called "All the Pretty Horses?"

That movie affected me so much that I can't bring myself to watch it again. Or rather, I can watch the first half, but definitely NOT the second.

The boy's heavy Texas accent stuck with me, and LaSalle seems to have one similar. Just wondering. (Sorry to get off track.)
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2019-01-10, 21:24

I'm not familiar with anything he's been in outside of NCIS NOLA. His accent is legit though, he's from Alabama, unlike Scott Bakula's voice-coached accent (which was really bad in the beginning but evolved into a well-executed accent).

Fortunately CBS opted to bump the schedule so they had a repeat of NOLA, and the next-up new episodes of FBI and NOLA will be next week.

Ironically, the show directly preempted by the "address" was FBI.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2019-01-13, 18:40

Quote:
I'm not familiar with anything he's been in outside of NCIS NOLA. His accent is legit though, he's from Alabama, unlike Scott Bakula's voice-coached accent (which was really bad in the beginning but evolved into a well-executed accent).

Fortunately CBS opted to bump the schedule so they had a repeat of NOLA, and the next-up new episodes of FBI and NOLA will be next week.

Ironically, the show directly preempted by the "address" was FBI.
Just looked it up on imdb and yes the kid was Lucas! At a really young age (in 2000).
¡Damned!

2019-01-15, 21:33

I love this photo so, so much.
Dr. Bobsky

2019-01-16, 04:41

The whole thing is great, especially the subtle fisheye effect that makes it look like the room is melting..
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2019-01-16, 06:56

That photo basically encapsulates his entire presidency.

Well, that and the fact that he said in a matter of hours: "We have 300 hamburgers!" "We have 1,000 hamburgers!" and finally, "We had over 1,000 hamberders!"

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
¡Damned!

2019-01-25, 21:38

Well that was a waste of... everything. Way to go Republicans.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2019-01-25, 23:44

Apparently LaGuardia was in a near-shutdown state for a while this morning due to lack of unpaid air traffic controllers showing up. NYC airspace, having three major international airports in close proximity, is probably the worst place in the world to have insufficient ATC, so I can't say I blame them.
addabox
Veteran Member

2019-01-28, 13:04

Fun tidbit from "Team of Vipers" that the Washington Post has been excerpting: when Trump shows visiters around the White House, he tells them that the dining room had a big hole in the wall when he moved in and that Obama used sit in there and "watch basketball all day." I'm surprised he didn't add that there were piles of fried chicken bones and watermelon rinds.

The amazing horrifying exhausting depressing thing about the Trump admin is that the endless tsunami of bullshit, racism, and insantiy has rendered jaw-dropping grotesqueries all but invisible, supplanted as they are within the minute by further assaults on whatever shreds of decency we still cling to.

At this point, Trump could do the SOTU in blackface and just go "booga booga booga" for 20 minutes and all it would do would be to firm up his poll numbers with his base.

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated