Apple wannabes
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-10-05, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
Brad, you're My Hero™.
I used to like Brad and think of him as a friend.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-10-05, 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh View Post
I used to like Brad and think of him as a friend.
And now?
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2006-10-05, 18:35

Now he wants to do Brad favors.
sunrain
Veteran Member

2006-10-05, 18:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
While I understand you and sometimes feel your pain. I've gotta say that experience with old Macs isn't a hip thing to me. Actually I would take Windows 95/2000 over classic Mac OS any day. And I would take Amiga Workbench 1,3/2,0/3,x over Win 3,1/95 any day too. OS X is glorious, but I stand firmly by my earlier choices in platform.
I'm with you on this. I preferred Windows 95/2000 to pre-OS X Mac operating systems. And by preferred, I mean put up with them...
phoenix_gr

2006-10-05, 19:34

Ok some may have missed my point, at no point did i bag apple noobs or switchers in general, i merely expressed my dislike of noobs or switchers who HAVE in the PAST bagged Apple and NOW think they are great for using Apple. Since this is the General DISCUSSION forum i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience of hypocrites regarding APPLE.

And this is not a "controversial" post as some have stated so dont blow things out of proportion please.

Brad thats my point, i did join applenova after finding a quote from thinksecret.com in the newspaper, however the difference between what you're saying and what i am saying is that, i NEVER dissed/bagged applenova and then joined, unlike some switchers who bagged apple then switched. I saw that i liked some aspects of it and so i joined, just like switchers have seen some good aspects of apple and switched. Do you see the difference? becasuse there is one.

Thanks
AWR thanks for the well wishes for my exams.

Last edited by phoenix_gr : 2006-10-05 at 20:18.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-10-05, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_gr View Post
Ok some may have missed my point, at no point did i bag apple noobs or switchers in general, i merely expressed my dislike of noobs or switchers who HAVE in the PAST bagged Apple and NOW think they are great for using Apple. Since this is the General DISCUSSION forum i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience of hypocrites regarding APPLE.

And this is not a "controversial" post as some have stated so dont blow things out of proportion please.

Brad thats my point, i did join applenova after finding a quote from thinksecret.com in the newspaper, however the difference between what you're saying and what i am saying is that, i NEVER dissed/bagged applenova and then joined, unlike some switchers who bagged apple then switched. I saw that i liked some aspects of it and so i joined, just like switchers have seen some good aspects of apple and switched. Do you see the difference? becasuse there is one.

Thanks
AWR thanks for the well wishes for my exams.
I understand exams coming, mine are around the corner. So I wish the best for you on yours....

Now for the real reason to post:
I bashed Apple up until about two months before I got my first Mini, which I bought within two weeks of release or so. Since before I ever heard of OS X and Unix underpinnings I put Apple down. Mocked you Apple Loser Fans, laughed at you, etc...

Then I actually opened my mind to figure it out. I was sold from the time I got real details on Mac OS. I truly could still care less about Apple as a whole, I love the OS and won't hack a PC to run the OS leaving me to buy Apple hardware. I can't say I'm hooked by the name, nor the style, though the style is growing on me.

So now that I'm getting rid of all my PC's in favor of Mac OS systems, does that mean I'm still not a *true* Apple fan? I guess it just makes me an Apple user huh? Should I shave my head bald, other than the Apple Logo? Maybe a tattoo? Maybe I should get the "OS X" Logo tattooed instead, since after all, I'm really a fan of the OS (and extras that go with it).

I guess that by your standard you can't learn to like something you once disliked huh? I'm with Brad's first post in the thread. Maybe you really should rethink. Otherwise, you should still think it's gross to kiss girls, let alone other really fun things!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
phoenix_gr

2006-10-05, 23:17

Firstly thank you, and good luck with your exams.

Secondly in my first post i said "are lecturing about how they love apple" regarding previous apple bashers, i never said anything about switchers who hated apple and now like it, my comment was about switchers who hated apple, now like it and act walk around thinking they are gods gift to mankind because they use apple products. Congratulations on the move to apple.

As a side not, i dont remember thinking it being gross to kiss girls, in fact i believe i didnt concern myself with that stuff when i was at the Power Rangers and Sesame st age, but i do understand your point that people change. Like i said nothing wrong with change.

To the people who said "grow up" and "toughen up" etc, i did not make this comment to have a whine, but to share my experience where people have bagged apple and switched to it later on only to proclaim how great it is, in those instances i have to contain myself from rolling my eyes in disbelief and annoyance at them for wasting my time with both conversations, the one where they tell me how crap, and the second where they tell me how great.

Thanks
Shades of Blue

2006-10-05, 23:44

Quote:
Secondly in my first post i said "are lecturing about how they love apple" regarding previous apple bashers, i never said anything about switchers who hated apple and now like it, my comment was about switchers who hated apple, now like it and act walk around thinking they are gods gift to mankind because they use apple products. Congratulations on the move to apple.
Anyone who thinks they're God's gift to mankind because they use Apple products is obnoxious whether they ever hated Apple or not...
phoenix_gr

2006-10-06, 00:21

please not the word "because" and yes most were obnoxious. And i was using the phrase losely to illustrate their behaviour, i could have said, "they think they are the greatest" or "they act top shit" or something, i was aiming more at the effect of the statement, not the literal meaning

Thanks
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-10-06, 00:45

If anyone's bummed about the new Apple users appearing these days (hell, I remember defending the one-button mouse, too), just think of it this way...

You're now an O.G. Apple user, especially if you've been fiddling with original black & white Macs and Apple II's. Put a rocking chair & some tea on the porch (you're too old for beer anymore), sit back, enjoy the rookies' enthusiasm, and give them Grandpa-like advice when they ask about the old days.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2006-10-06, 01:08

Don't forget to laugh heartily too.

"A *GIG* of RAM? Back in my day, we had 48k, and we *LIKED* it!"
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2006-10-06, 10:07

Quote:

(...)
Ah, but people are still allowed to change their mind. But I agree with you that they better be humble about it.
zippy
Veteran Member

2006-10-06, 10:43

Just be happy for them. It gives you less indigestion.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2006-10-06, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
Just be happy for them. It gives you less indigestion.
Awwkay, a belated smiley for my previous post.

I wouldn't want to come off as a chucker.

arnoct

2006-10-06, 11:50

I too bashed apple for a very long time. Then I slowly began to like the design of OSX and the usability of the mac platform. However, I was a member here for about eight months before I made the switch, and even then I use a PC for gaming. But I wouldn't give up my macbook for ANY pc laptop.

I _STILL_ can't like a one-button mouse, though. While I use my trackpad alot, I use right-click religiously (two-finger tap for the major win.)