Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Auto-sync of MobileMe email account problem with iPhone

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Auto-sync of MobileMe email account problem with iPhone
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2009-07-11, 18:18

I've had MobilMe for about a year now, and I love it. I'm syncing my email accounts and other stuff between my laptop and office Mac, and it works great.

It also works great with the iPhone, with one caveat: the synchronized email account on the iPhone shows @mac.com as my email address, not @me.com. This means I can't send emails, because the me.com mail servers think they're used as relays (even though I provide my credentials).

I originally thought this was some problem with the 2.x iPhone OS, but it's still there in 3.0. I figured a lot of other people had that problem, and assumed that it would be fixed soon. But no such luck so far.

So: has anybody seen this problem? I can't change the email address on the phone for a synced MobileMe account, I would have to create a new one. That's not a big deal, but I want it to sync automatically. Any ideas what can be done? Where does it even get that @mac.com address?