AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

an iwebs question

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
an iwebs question
TheLump
One nut, no Bazaar

Send a message via AIM to TheLump Send a message via Yahoo to TheLump  
2009-01-24, 00:38

i figured i should actually post some other stuff, lest you all think i spend all my time trolling (prolly too late for that though lol).

ok, i've been putting together a website using iwebs. the site is theotherstyle.50webs.com . i'm happy with how its been turning out so far..mostly. i've got two things i dont like though.

first, it always defaults to 700 pixels wide. is there a way to change the default? i've looked through all the options i've seen...perhaps i missed it.

second, is there a way to get a sidebar into the Black theme? i would rather have a sidebar than the top navbar.

3rd, how can i get all the pages to have the reflective image? for instance, i want the pictures on the members and rides page to have that bottom reflection that some of the others do.

4th, is there a way to have About Me pages that arent in the topbar? for instance, instead of a slideshow of members pictures, i'd like to have the picture open an About Me page instead.

are these possible or would i have to actually code a whole page instead? i know 2 things about coding, jack and squat.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-01-24, 01:01

To answer your 4th question: You can select if you want a page to appear in the top bar or not. It's in the info panel under one of the tabs, but i forgot which one.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
TheLump
One nut, no Bazaar

2009-01-24, 01:17

can a picture hotlink to it though?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-01-24, 01:58

Yes, you can make any object be a hotlink to within your site or an external site. Again, this is in the info panel under one of the options.
GOLDFRAPP

2009-01-24, 05:03

1. No, there is no way to make templates default to other than 700 pixels wide. Apple thinks (so do I) that it is not too wide and not too narrow. It takes less than 5 seconds to change the width to your linking.

2. None of the iWeb templates features a vertical navigation menu (yet) (perhaps in iWeb '09?). What I do is create my own menu (by disabling default navigation menu) and place it wherever and however I want to.

3. Currently it is not possible to apply reflections to photos within Photos/My Albums templates except for photos in the slideshow mode only.

4. I guess, you have figured this one out.

Remember that any of the above can change with the release of iWeb '09.

PS: see my iWeb www.goldfrapp.us for examples (beware of nudity!).
TheLump
One nut, no Bazaar

2009-01-24, 05:18

its not the changing the res that bothers me....its the having to do it to every single page......over...and over...and over......like on my page where i used a blog page for poetry and writing. and i've got a bunch of entries. and there is another blog page being used for the same thing for a friend of mine..and i have prolly.....5 dozen or more entries to go in at once....it just gets annoyingly repetetive....

could you show my how to make a menu and disable the normal one?

the hyperlinking doesnt seem to work on the photo page...

also, how does one remove a page title from the overhead bar? i cant find it.
GOLDFRAPP

2009-01-24, 05:47

Unfortunately, you will have to do it to every single page. Or why don't you try simply duplicating a previously created page (that has the desired width) each time? ⌘D

Custom menu-wise, all you have to do is create a text block or a graphic with something like "Welcome" on it and place it in the desired page area, and so on with other menu items (About Us, Our Members, etc.).

No, it is not possible to hyperlink a photo within the Photos template as it is already pre-hyperlinked for you, which takes you to a slideshow.