Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Uploading Outgoing Messages to Your Wireless Carrier

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Uploading Outgoing Messages to Your Wireless Carrier
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-06-09, 16:31

I would like to record a really nice outgoing message and upload it to my carrier so that callers hear a very nice, professional outgoing message from me.... but AT&T doesn't provide this service and it doesn't appear that Verizon provides it either.

Does YOUR carrier allow this?

Aren't we already into the 2nd decade of the 21st Century?

What's UP with this BS???

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-06-09, 16:55

Are you talking an auto-answer hold message/music kind of thing while your phone is ringing?
screensaver400
Veteran Member

2012-06-10, 18:33

I think he's talking about the "Hi, you've reached drewprops's voicemail. Sorry I wasn't able to take your call. Please leave a message," recording.

Some corporate voicemail systems allow you to upload a WAV, but I've never heard of a cell carrier with this feature.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-06-10, 19:41

My question is: why not?
Eugene
careful with axes

2012-06-10, 19:48

I recorded a personal voicemail greeting on my iPhone for Visual Voicemail and all that. Is this not possible with other phones or am I missing something?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-06-10, 20:09

The recording quality of the iPhone's mic can't be compared to a real mic, and you can't mix music into your audio. The audio you get by recording speaking into your phone grabs ambient sound. I'd like a super quality outgoing voice message, even if some are hearing it on low quality connections. It's possible to do this, so I want it.

Captain Drew on Twitter
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2012-06-10, 22:18

It will always suck as no matter how good your connection is, it will be limited by the bandwith allowed to voice. But I understand what you want. I guess your best option would be to do the playback on your computer with the output going in the headphone jack, being use as a mic... Don't know if that could work.... Never used a mic with an iphone beside the earbuds that comes with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-06-11, 00:29

Nah. If the carriers can't join the 21st century I'm not going to waste my time trying to cobble together a halfway solution. And they laughed at my Stereoscopic Zoetrope.

Captain Drew on Twitter