User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Menu Meters / iStat / Menu Extra Enabler..

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Menu Meters / iStat / Menu Extra Enabler..
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2008-04-20, 22:15

Anyone else having problems getting Menu Meters to work on a first revision MBP?
And who has it working right now? It's fine on all of our Macs at home, all running leopard. Two of them Intel.
Only my MBP will not have it, under any circumstances! And that's my dev machine.. The only one I really need it on!!

I kind of assumed it was not working for anybody for a while after Leopard and then when it came time to re-install a couple of machines I noticed that it worked on those.. so I tried it on the rest..

Heck, my wife had it working on hers as she simply installed it and it worked fine, which was how I even noticed that it was possible to get it working again! She simply expected it to work and installed it herself on her new MacBook the day she got it!

So I started digging, trying to figure out why I always without fail get the error message in Preferences that says that it cannot load Menu Extensions...

I have tried deleting Menu Extra Enabler, and going with MenuCracker. No joy. (Not surprising as it's old now - but that is what is working on my Wife's MB with Leopard as far as I can tell!)

I have tried using the Menu Extra Enabler Uninstall, and the Beta. No joy.

I have searched the whole machine for any old file kicking around that is stopping a nice new clean install. No joy.

Searching the forums on Unsanity's site and reading through the info that islayer have has not been much help, as they simply suggest 'installing Menu Extra Enablers' if you get that problem!

Anyone else with the same problem?

Does it simply not work on MBPs?

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2008-04-21, 00:29

Just installed it; works fine on my 2GHz Core Duo MBP.