User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Tiger Didn't Offer Install Options - Help!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Tiger Didn't Offer Install Options - Help!!
Gizzer

2005-04-29, 17:08

I was under the impression that Tiger would offer me 3 install options: Clean install & erase, Upgrade, and Archive & Install.

It didn't offer me any of these options and by the time it finally installed (I was panicking thinking it had done an Erase & Install) it turned out it had done just the "Upgrade" option as all my data was still there.

I thought I must have missed something in the setup wizard so I tried it again, and the same thing happened. At the moment my Powerbook is being "upgraded" again rather than the "Archive and Install" that I wanted to try. I'm loathe to install it on my iMac now because I wanted to do an Archive & Install on that too.

For info I have the Tiger Family Pack & my Powerbook has 21Gb free before the install.

What have I done wrong??? Given that it didn't give me any options, how the heck can I ever do a clean install??

Did I miss something obvious?

All help appreciated.....
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-29, 17:10

Sometimes this is easy to do if you just continually click the "continue" button. On one of the initial dialog screens, a button [I think Gelding is right, it probably says "Options", then "Custom.." comes later] will pop up on the bottom left. Click that and you'll get the three options you're looking for, plus options to not install certain components thereafter.

...into the light of a dark black night.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2005-04-29, 17:10

when you select the drive to install it on a small icon highlights near the bottom of the window...says options...click that and off you go

g

edit..ok, maybe it says customize...not sure as my tiger is heading back to fed ex as no one was home...damn my kids for going to school and not ditching

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2005-04-29, 17:22

It's called "options" - but this is explained in the little installation booklet that comes with the DVD. Sometimes it makes sense to read the documentation
Gizzer

2005-04-29, 17:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti
It's called "options" - but this is explained in the little installation booklet that comes with the DVD. Sometimes it makes sense to read the documentation

Shit, Shit, and Double Shit!!

I never even noticed the Installation and Setup Guide I flicked through the packaging & noticed the licence agreement & Introduction doc. But not the install doc.....

Had I actually read it I would have noticed the additional button that appears eventually giving the 3 install types....

[Quickly Goes downstairs to put head in freezer before red cheeks catch fire]