Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Trading (graphics) cards

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Trading (graphics) cards
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-09-21, 10:42

I have a Radeon 9800 in my Power Mac. I don't really need it anymore, now that I have a PC for gaming, so I want to get some cash from selling or trading it for a cheaper card.

The graphics card itself is a flashed PC version, but it's now the same as the Mac version. Never had any problems with it at all. It even works with the ATI Displays settings, as it is a retail card. Also, since it's a retail graphics card, it will work in any AGP 2x, 4x or 8x slot. G4s or G5s, doesn't matter. And the ports on it are VGA, DVI and S-video. No ADC port. It requires a supplementary power connector, but I'm including a cable to use for that so there are no problems there. This is the cream of the crop for Power Mac G4 owners - you can't get any better video card for your system. Some games are CPU bound and won't show much improvement (like Unreal Tournament 2004, sadly), but others will benefit terrifically. Call Of Duty, in particular, is extremely fast and smooth even with every graphical option MAXED OUT! It slows down on the gigantic "Stalingrad" campaign level, but other than that, it's smooth and fast throughout the game.

Anyway, I'm looking to trade it for a good quality, lower end replacement. A Radeon 9600, Radeon 9000, or Radeon 8500 would all be acceptable. My asking prices are as follows:

$160 in addition to a Radeon 8500 or 9000 in trade
$110 in addition to a Radeon 9600 in trade
$240 to sell outright

Any takers? I can probably provide pictures later; it might take me a while because my camera is in a few pieces right now, but if you want them I'll get them to you as soon as possible.
SilentEchoes
Unique Like Everyone Else

Send a message via AIM to SilentEchoes  
2004-09-22, 02:13

I got a Radeon 8500, I will check tomorrow to see what I can do about the cash and I will PM you then.