Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

I have an idea tell me what you think.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I have an idea tell me what you think.
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
groverat

2005-02-16, 19:28

Ok here's my idea you make a bunch of accounts at AppleNova and then upload your pictures to the profile area and then you can put them anywhere else and AppleNova would do all the hosting and you wouldn't have to pay one red cent for any of it lol!

I'm going to do it I will start a picture website and then the whole thing will be hosted by AppleNova and I will make pure profit because I won't even have to host the pictures at all and I'm surprised no one thought of it before, so what do you guys think about my idea it's a good one right?

Also, I had to put my gender in the Profile page it came up with a warning telling me I had to what is this some kind of dating service because I'm married and I'm not looking for dates on the Internet ok I am just here to relax with friends and hang out and have a good time if I wanted dates I would talk to Dr. Neil Clark Warren at eHarmony.com or something I wouldn't come here so what is the deal with asking for my gender are you guys gay or something?
+++

2005-02-16, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat
are you guys gay or something?

I really hope you get banned for being this ignorant.
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2005-02-16, 20:00

ah leave him alone, apparently moderating SDW & Trumptman white man righteous indignation threads and dealing with scott's one line bon mots have him either bored to tears or driven him round the bend....
it's the wrong thread but i really like sun tea with lipton bags.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-02-16, 20:06

Let us know how your new business works out grove.

as for the punctuation.....

perhaps a few pointers would help out.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
Wrao
Yarp

2005-02-16, 20:21

I think Trumpetman hijacked groverat's account.
SKMDC

2005-02-16, 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao
I think Trumpetman hijacked groverat's account.
nah, he's a decent guy. he wouldn't do anything malicious.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-02-16, 20:45

Alcimedes is the king. That is funniest graphic I've seen in a while.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-02-16, 21:06

Quote:
so what is the deal with asking for my gender?
Occasionally people aren't sure about someone's gender, and it actually makes a difference in the way they react to that poster's comments. I wouldn't necessarily have expected that, but it turns out to be true - at least in my opinion. I've had that experience in the past...with a female poster who used a male name. It was a bit disconcerting. It's hard to explain the mind-shift that occurs when you find out they're not the gender you assumed.

The gelding is still not sure whether I'm really a female, for example. I believe he still thinks I might be a 14 yr. old boy. heh. It makes it a bit more difficult to relate to someone when such uncertainties are present.

I think it really helps to know a few details about people. On one messageboard I used to frequent, I was conversing with someone I thought might be a middle-aged lawyer. Turned out he was an 18 yr. old economics student. What a surprise that was.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-02-16, 21:50

"Ease up Cap"

thanks alc
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2005-02-16, 21:55

i wonder what triggered this prudish outrage. :smiley-for-quiet-ponderment:
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-02-16, 22:17

hehehe, we old-timers know Groverat from the Wayback. Yes, take potshots at herm as much as possible, he can take it!
Wrao
Yarp

2005-02-16, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops
hehehe, we old-timers know Groverat from the Wayback. Yes, take potshots at herm as much as possible, he can take it!
ya know, I've been with AI since before the big blackout, and I still can't say I know groverat.
¡Damned!

2005-02-16, 23:20

He's been like this all day. Marcia must have had pea soup *plus* a tuna sammich. And a side of Doritos.

We feel for ya, man.
groverat

2005-02-17, 07:48

I decided not to do the hosting pictures at AppleNova.com thing because I would feel guilty I was raised better than that my parents totally wouldn't like me taking advantage of someone's good will so I put that one in the trash can and I'm thinking of new ways to make Internet money so I don't have to work anymore but once I have good ideas I will let you guys know ok?

My grandma makes sun tea all the time and it's pretty good but it always freaks me out that it's outside it's like "hey grandma don't you know there are *bugs* outside? Are you trying to give me *bug tea*?" lol and she's always like "groverat don't you worry about the bugs just trust grandma" and what am I going to do disagree with her? no way because she was alive in the Great Depression and her family grew their own crops and now she's old and healthy and so who am I to say that sun tea is gross to make even though it tastes so good I've had electricity and cars my whole life well maybe she had electricity to but not refridgerators because she told this story about how a guy used to bring big chunks of ice that they would put in a box to keep stuff cold and that's why old people still call refridgerators "ice boxes" and I had no idea what that meant until my grandma told me that story she is so cool I mean she has been alive for like a million presidents or something but even still I can't make my own sun tea because even though I trust grandma I don't think the bugs will stay out of my sun tea.

And don't even get me started on Lipton bags I mean you're right this is the wrong thread but hey we're all friends here hanging out and relaxing and having a good time so what's the difference really let's go ahead and talk about it because you should know that the only Lipton tea I like is green tea if you haven't had Lipton green iced tea with honey and mint in it then you haven't had the best Lipton iced tea but for regular iced tea it is Luzianne all the way and trust me I have done a lot of testing on this matter because I drink a lot of it so the taste and quality is very important to me but I guess just because I like something doesn't mean everyone else has to so "to each his own" as my brother says he's really cool too but I won't talk about him today because this post is already really long lol.
groverat

2005-02-17, 07:50

Oh hey stupid me there is no "d" in "refrigerator" but I put it in there because when people shorten it they always say "fridge" instead of "frige" which I guess makes sense because "frige" looks so stupid but next time I see someone type "fridge" I'm going to be all like "hey that's not how you spell 'refrigerator' are you trying to confuse me or something?" lol
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-02-17, 09:45

C?lDD\$KMDC]ah leave him alone, apparently moderating SDW & Trumptman white man righteous indignation threads and dealing with scott's one line bon mots have him either bored to tears or driven him round the bend...[/quote]

Yes, those three are the ONLY annoying, shit-stirring posters there.. All the rest are just peachy and never get out of line, show their asses and muck threads up. Throught-provoking, insightful little angels, the rest...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2005-02-17 at 09:55.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-02-17, 10:07

lol, for some reason reading grove's posts is reminding me of The Shining....
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-02-17, 10:16

I reckon the grovemeister should drop by more often to ah "ruminate" on stuff ... makes for entertaining reading.
SKMDC

2005-02-17, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
C?lDD\$KMDC]ah leave him alone, apparently moderating SDW & Trumptman white man righteous indignation threads and dealing with scott's one line bon mots have him either bored to tears or driven him round the bend...
Yes, those three are the ONLY annoying, shit-stirring posters there.. All the rest are just peachy and never get out of line, show their asses and muck threads up. Throught-provoking, insightful little angels, the rest...
[/quote]

wow man. i was just goofin' off the top of my head, there are many new shit stirrers as you eloquently put it, but the only ones I can remember are the three above mentioned along with giant, BR, brussell, bunge (who is MIA) and shawn patrick but I could only think of a way to link SDW and trumptman together. I guess I could have made a joke about "these are the girls I spank it to" by tonton and shawnP but I don't think they do that so much anymore.

Or maybe I should just run all my jokes by you first.

ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2005-02-17, 10:34

Ahhh, good ol' fighting. g-rat has brought a little piece of AI with him

Sadly, he has gone crazy, I'm not sure if it's the heat, or living in the south, but it has finally gotten to him. I think I'll send a care package.
Wraven

2005-02-17, 10:41

ast3r3x,
I just sneezed Diet Coke with Lime out of my nose after reading the "sadly, he has gone crazy" line. Thanks!
ast3r3x

2005-02-17, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraven
ast3r3x,
I just sneezed Diet Coke with Lime out of my nose after reading the "sadly, he has gone crazy" line. Thanks!
Sorry...I know how much a carbonated beverage through the nose can hurt.
groverat

2005-02-17, 10:44

Hey man I don't want anyone to fight I just think we should all hang out like good friends and have a fun time hanging around and being cool with each other because that's what I came here for not to fight and be all mad about stuff because that's not ever a good thing no one wins when there is fighting everyone loses because even if you're right about something everyone is unhappy and then no one will want to hang out and have a good time and that's what it should be about.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-02-17, 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKMDC
Or maybe I should just run all my jokes by you first.

Don't be a wise-butt. Of course not.

Just looked a bit like "pick the three guys who share a common stance" as the problems there, that's all. If I took it wrong, then sorry. You could understand why, after all.

I'm glad you mentioned the others (I had no intentions, but you read my mind).

Happy?

Not big on "shit-stirrer"? How about pot-stirrer? Troublemaker? Rabble-rouser? Hellraiser?

Maybe I should run my stuff by you first?
ast3r3x

2005-02-17, 10:49

Quote:
Hey man I don't want anyone to fight I just think we should all hang out like good friends and have a fun time hanging around and being cool with each other because that's what I came here for not to fight and be all mad about stuff because that's not ever a good thing no one wins when there is fighting everyone loses because even if you're right about something everyone is unhappy and then no one will want to hang out and have a good time and that's what it should be about.
I tried reading this without pausing were commas or periods should be and it was just impossible. I really couldn't get much past "..hanging around and being cool with each other" without laughing and loosing all of the deep breath I just took.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2005-02-17, 10:50

Thank you, groverat.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-02-17, 11:02

Why are you people thanking him? It's not THAT funny, and you know damn good and well if it were anyone else (pick one of the five people here at 'Nova you could most imagine doing this...tick, tock, tick...), you'd all be throwing and -laden responses his way, and, most likely, Brad would've locked it already.

I like the 'rat fine too (known him forever and ever, it seems), but this is a stupid-ass thread, in violation of about seven posting guidelines, no two ways about it.

Let's not build it up into something it ain't.

groverat

2005-02-17, 11:11

Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-02-17, 11:14

teeth - fix
SKMDC

2005-02-17, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0

Don't be a wise-butt. Of course not.

Just looked a bit like "pick the three guys who share a common stance" as the problems there, that's all. If I took it wrong, then sorry. You could understand why, after all.

I'm glad you mentioned the others (I had no intentions, but you read my mind).

Happy?

Not big on "shit-stirrer"? How about pot-stirrer? Troublemaker? Rabble-rouser? Hellraiser?

Maybe I should run my stuff by you first?
shit stirrer is fine, eloquent as I said....
you'll see I defended trumptman when someone slagged him earlier in the thread, I don't always agree with him or SDW (I admire their resolve, and they're usually pretty level-headed) besides trumptman is a teacher god bless 'em. I just thought of them because they haven't given up the fight.