AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Buying used games

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Buying used games
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-01-22, 11:59

Recently my mom bought a Switch for my kids. It is so she can have one at her place while we keep ours at our place. We discovered the hard way that the DRM Nintendo uses doesn't work well with digital games. So now we are looking at buying physical versions for the games the kids love instead.

I really hate playing full price so I'd rather buy on sale or even used. My concern is how do you know you're getting a good used game? Any one have any recommendations on this? I mean, these cards are smaller than an SD card so I can't imagine they will not be lost at some point. $60 for a card seems high to me.

Anyone have a favorite place to buy used games online?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2021-02-17, 11:25

Pretty sure GameStop has this market cornered. There may be mom and pop shops around the country, and there’s always eBay, but GameStop is probably your best bet.

A bigger problem for you may be the fact that many games never get a physical release for the Switch, as the carts add about $10 to the cost, depending on the internal chip storage required for the game.

All of Nintendo’s games have carts so if it’s those your looking for, you’ll be good. Games like Hades, Hollow Knight, Cuphead and Ori are digital only though.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-18, 10:13

I tried to go to GameStop last night but they closed 4 minutes before I got to the store. Bad timing on my part. It has been well over a year since I went into GameStop. I have ordered from them online though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.