User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: AppleNova Minecraft server upgrades & maintenance

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: AppleNova Minecraft server upgrades & maintenance
Page 15 of 21 First Previous 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-03-26, 17:12

The server should be back up. I see it locally and everything should be back to the way it was before the issue so you should be able to get in remotely too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-03-28, 23:09

Tonight my internet went down. Still down. Verizon is only working banker’s hours for support so I can’t get help until Monday. Hope it resolves itself in the mean time.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-04-09, 20:47

To give a heads up I'm expecting to have a longer than normal maintenance period come up here shortly. I'm expecting the server to go down latter in the evening on Sunday and then not be back up until some time midweek like around the 15th. I'm going to hope for sooner, but can't really promise anything on that front.

So when you go to connect and it just times out, that is why. I'll try to recall to let you all know when the maintenance starts but in case I forget, now you know. Internet service changes and such.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-04-11, 20:54

Hey guys. I know this is REALLY short notice but I've got to start early. No one is on the server right now but I've got to take it down. Really it is the network that is coming down, but that's a different point.

I'll post once the server is back up.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-04-16, 22:31

Just an update...
I’m still without internet. I’m struggling with a jetpack and my phone for internet for my whole house.

A little more details for you guys though. I moved! I’m no longer living in Tidewater Va and am instead in upstate South Carolina. Sadly I’m still waiting for a backhoe to dig to the terminal so they can get my internet connected. It also won’t be gigabit. It should be at least 50/10 so there shouldn’t be a problem with me hosting the game server. I mean, once I actually have internet service that is.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-04-16, 22:58

Wow!!! Congrats!!!

What environment is your house in?
Mountainous or maybe Plains?
Need anything?

¡Damned!

2020-04-17, 06:38

No worries T! Congrats on the move.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2020-04-17, 08:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Wow!!! Congrats!!!

What environment is your house in?
Mountainous or maybe Plains?
Need anything?

Don't you mean: What Biome is your new house in?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-04-17, 10:11

He's in the Nether.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-04-18, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Don't you mean: What Biome is your new house in?
I failed at Minecraftalk

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-04-19, 16:12

Soooo....

I'm still using my cell phone and jetpack for internet service. While that means I can't get the server up for you guys it also means I'm going to REALLY struggle working tomorrow. I've hit my data cap for the jetpack, but Verizon said it is true "unlimited" during this pandemic so at least I shouldn't be throttled to 600Kbps.

As for my house, foothills really. Not plains for sure but I can see mountains.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-04-19, 18:58

Serious question, on behalf of 709 (on account of his addiction): should we move it to AWS for a while? I know we can get the $ to do it.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-04-19, 19:25

A few months before I was going to move I was in contact with Brad about moving the game server to the forum server again. Given how low our traffic is we could likely get away with it. That didn't pan out as you have all noticed. Life happens and all.

Moving right now is not an option because the lack of network impacts everything within my home and access to the servers too. I can certain force access and likely get a copy of the game files to be able to move the MC server to just about any CentOS environment.

Personally I would go with DigitalOcean over AWS, though I'm fairly certain they ride on AWS.

Really though, I think at this point the best option is to wait for me internet to get connected and see if my pipes can handle the game server running through it. If that doesn't work, then we would have to look at other options anyway. I was supposed to have internet by Tuesday... the 14th! I guess we are still waiting for the backhoe since I haven't seen or heard one yet.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-04-19, 20:21

All good here, Turtle. You have other responsibilities right now.
¡Damned!

2020-04-19, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Serious question, on behalf of 709 (on account of his addiction) . . .
I'm getting better.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2020-04-20, 12:09

I have to confess: I've joined another server. It's for the Technical Theatre Discord and I have 11 bees on my farm. (They're a bugger to breed!)

The other users aren't as chatty as you guys though. And the vanilla texture pack is kind of killing me.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-04-20, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
And the vanilla texture pack is kind of killing me.
Vanilla glowstone? Who can tolerate that stuff?
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2020-04-20, 13:15

Exactly. Look at my swimming pool!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-04-24, 09:43

Hmmm... still no internet. You have no idea how frustrating this is to me. I have to work from here and thankfully Verizon has set my jetpack to unlimited data. The sad part is that my signal sucks where I live now. I am rural now. Not even really near a good road with cell towers. I technically have cell coverage... technically.

The digging work is done so now it is a matter of the installer coming back and completing the job. Hopefully that will be REALLY soon.

Not the update I wanted to give, but it is the update I have.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-04-30, 18:42

I wanted update that today I finally got full internet!

The sad part is AT&T forces me to use their router and mine is being firewall by it. I'm working through getting my router in a DMZ of their router but that doesn't seem straightforward at all. I'm going to hopefully get it figured out tonight though so everyone can get back to our server. I really do apologize that it has been this obnoxious, but I can assure it is has been worse for me than you.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-05-03, 10:49

Ok, I'm still having issues with the AT&T provided router but for now I've just done an additional port forward. Please see if you can log into the server now.

¡Damned!

2020-05-03, 16:59

Home Sweet Temporary Home!

The forced vacation from MC was probably good for all of us (mostly me ). Thanks again for your generosity, T.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-05-03, 20:08

Glad to do it. I just hope my connection doesn't suck too bad. People around me are getting AT&T's 1GIG service but I'm only able to get 50/10. My latency is near 30ms not as opposed to FiSO with about 7ms.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-05-18, 16:17

I need to factory reset my DSL modem to see about getting my IP Passthrough working right. This will break port forwarding until it is enabled right or I manually hack it again. Trying to get it right though so there is no issue going forward. No hacks = more stable.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-05-18, 18:53

Please try tp connect to the server and post here if it works. Right now it looks like everything is finally the way it should be with no hacks.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-05-19, 07:23

Don't bother connecting to the server this morning. It literally was raining in my basement and on my rack where the network stack/servers were.
I didn't get a video of it, but the physical host that runs the ANMC VM had water pouring out of the back of it when I tipped it on it's back corner.

I opened up that server and it seems to only have gotten the power supply and network card wet. The drives all look fine so the VM is still safe, assuming the PS didn't spike power to a drive or something.

I will say, I'm working on getting this resolved. My contractor broke the integrity of my home and now I'm going to end up having to have him cover the cost. My bought estimate is that it will cost him around $2500 in parts and equipment alone.

¡Damned!

2020-05-19, 07:40

!!!

Unexpected house problems suuuuuck – especially in a new one that you've just moved into.

Haven't been on MC for a bit... just super busy during these weird times.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-05-19, 07:48

This was taken as the water was falling. Click for full size.

What tipped off that there was a problem was my APs all went dead. Then as I went into the basement I heard my battery backup beeping. Walked over to the rack and kinda freaked out. I was not expecting to see that. The fault code on the backup wasn't something I'd seen before. Then with all that water on the floor how electrically charged was it? I was truly concerned about getting over there and unplugging things. I didn't want the toaster in the tub look.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-05-19, 10:50

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

T this is total suckage.

So so so so sorry.

Even I know not to dig up into sand.

Sheesh.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-05-19, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Haven't been on MC for a bit... just super busy during these weird times.
Yeah, I haven't been on since the crud started. Work has been the busiest in years, and I've had zero time.

Anyway, my earlier comment still stands: You got to take care of what you got to take care of, and all will be well!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)