Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Minecraft Dream

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Minecraft Dream
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-01-18, 11:05

Last night I dreamed that I was in a Minecraft game.

I was flying all over and landed on a floating dirt island near a cliff.

The first time I was there everybody thought it might have something treasure but gave up and flew off somewhere down below.

I had an idea and circled back around to see if there was any treasure from BELOW.

Sure enough, somebody else had been there - there were lights and some furnaces.

After I landed it turned into more of a real-life thing, it was an actual 3-tiered "retirement mall" kind of place. Lots of stuff going on. I think it was a mix of Dragon*Corn and a mall and some radio personalities I listen to and a biologically accommodating girl I know and Paul Blart Mall Cop and Logan's Run and maybe some original Total Recall.

wow.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-01-18, 22:39

Wow. That's quite the dream I think. I think the closest I have had was dreaming of a creeper attacking me once.
¡Damned!

2013-01-20, 12:37

Back when we first started MC I used to have dreams all the time. Not like I was in MC, but more like everything was a placeable block. Couches were 6 blocks wide, end tables 1, lamp 2 (tall), cat block 1, dog block 2 (German Shepherd), etc., etc. Really fucked with me for a bit. It went away after a while, but since we've gotten into Tekkit I've had a few.

It wasn't the new items, it was because of the ability to saw blocks into smaller and smaller chunks - and then put those chunks together to make blocks. A perfect example is the anticover. "Take block, slice in half. Take that half, slice in half. Take that half, slice in half. Put first half and second half together to make a block. Put that block and the third half together to make a block. Anticover get!" Holy. Fuck.

I had so many 1/8th (and every /8th) dreams after that it bled into waking life, where I would semi-consciously measure something in half, quarters, then eighths and mentally put one of those measure marks over it with decreasing lines to indicate .5, .25, .125.

Of course, I was making shit-tons of every iteration (1/8th to 7/8th) for the Creeper Kingdom - and then placing them in vertical order to make 1/8th increment sloping walls - so I'm sure that's the cause, but holy hell. It's amazing what concentrating on something like that for so long can do to your "real" life.

tl;dr: MC fucks with teh head.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-01-20 at 12:48.