User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Shot in the dark...know what wong I mean?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Shot in the dark...know what wong I mean?
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2005-01-08, 00:34

Sorry for the poor description, but I normally don't listen to the radio except when I'm coming to or from school. Well the only station my car gets (sweet Buick ) is a country station. I actually have taken a liking to country, but I've been on break for almost 2 weeks and haven't gotten to listen to the radio.

Twice I've heard a song that I swear is the wallflowers both times I heard it, but I never got to hear who it was singing. Well Party Shuffle played a wallflowers song just now, and I didn't see it on the top 48 (why 48?) songs for the station on the iTMS.

If anyone has any ideas could you fill me in? I figure nobody knows, and this is a waste of time, but hey, it's worth a try.
Akumulator

2005-01-08, 00:41

Wong? Hmmmm... I know which one you mean.
ast3r3x

2005-01-08, 00:47

*shakes head in disgust*

Would a mod please be so kind?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-08, 00:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
I only know a few Wongs. Would the Wong you're talking about be one of the following?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
ast3r3x

2005-01-08, 00:53

It's this one...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-01-08, 00:54

Oh come on Brad, everybody knows that three Wongs don't make a sound-bite.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-01-08, 01:06

I've been saying it for years...we need the little smiley guy with a snare drum/cymbal, just for those occasions when someone makes a truly groan-inducing pun or joke.

*ba-dam...SPLISH!*

No sound, just the sight of the little guy on his drums would be enough.
ast3r3x

2005-01-08, 01:08

Your all so un-helpful and assholes
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-01-08, 01:48

Two drums and a high hat fall off a cliff.

Ba-dum-KSSSSH

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week! Try the veal, it's delicious!
Dave
Ninja Editor

2005-01-08, 02:28

Quote:
Sorry for the poor description, but I normally don't listen to the radio except when I'm coming to or from school. Well the only station my car gets (sweet Buick ) is a country station. I actually have taken a liking to country, but I've been on break for almost 2 weeks and haven't gotten to listen to the radio.

Twice I've heard a song that I swear is the wallflowers both times I heard it, but I never got to hear who it was singing. Well Party Shuffle played a wallflowers song just now, and I didn't see it on the top 48 (why 48?) songs for the station on the iTMS.

If anyone has any ideas could you fill me in? I figure nobody knows, and this is a waste of time, but hey, it's worth a try.
edit: Nevermind. For some reason I read "Shot Through the Heart" instead of "Shot in the Dark".
johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2005-01-08, 02:45

Can I be unhelpful too?

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-08, 04:16

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-08, 04:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-08, 04:34

God this is so pointless.

BTW when To Wong Foo came out on video I remember my family renting it and watching it together. It was just a funny movie to me back then, but I was looking at that poster and I had no idea that the actors playing the queens were Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze and John Leguizamo. Cool!
johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2005-01-08, 07:25

Then you should see: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109045/

Worth it alone, to see Hugo (The Matrix's Agent Smith) in drag. Plus you can better appreciate his put-on American accent in the Matrix series.

No Wongs though.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-08, 11:31

I already saw that one. Thought it was amusing that Agent Smith plays a queen in that one . I also thought it was funny that the movie is basically the exact same as the other one, except it takes place in Australia and they have a bus instead of a convertible.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-01-08, 17:03

Quote:
*shakes head in disgust*

Hiya, cupcake.

Well, we mods could fix your title, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny, now would it.

I used to teach in a school with a P.E. teacher named Harry Wong. How would you like that for a name? Hahahaha

How have you been lately? Any more adventures in the mind-altering line? Just wondering...none of my business, I know.
ast3r3x

2005-01-08, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol
Hiya, cupcake.

Well, we mods could fix your title, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny, now would it.

I used to teach in a school with a P.E. teacher named Harry Wong. How would you like that for a name? Hahahaha

How have you been lately? Any more adventures in the mind-altering line? Just wondering...none of my business, I know.
* still shaking head in disgust *

No hard drugs lately, and I've been fine. This thread however...