User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Want to write for Apple Nova? Inquire within!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Want to write for Apple Nova? Inquire within!
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-22, 09:24

Part of the importance of the 1.5 site updated we're planning on rolling out within the next two weeks is to integrate vBulletin with Mambo. vBulletin powers the forums here, and Mambo is the CMS engine we use for the front end. Unfortunately they both use their own use database system, so we've been working to merge them, and have been successful. Once that happens you can login to the Mambo system with the same registration as the forums to submit articles, edit articles, and publish them.

As such, we're looking to bring in some members that wish to provide content for Apple Nova beyond the articles we already have planned. We're seeking members interested in writing a weekly or bi weekly column, fielding a "genius bar" column, etceteras. Individual and collarboration articles are welcome, and since we're trying to make Apple Nova as much of a community centered site that we can, we're counting on you guys to step forward and help provide what people want to read.

We'll also be seeking members that wish to edit articles before they're published; This individual would be responsible for wading through submitted articles and proof-reading articles before publication. If no one wants to do it, I have to do it, so help a brotha out

Please Private Message or E-Mail me with questions or to express your interest. Include any ideas for what you would like to regularly contribute are. Please understand that we are seeking someone willing to writing on a regular basis. All members will be allowed to submit their own articles for potential publication (Kind of like /.) anyway without being "on staff" as it were.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
CoreMac

2004-09-16, 09:44

Talk about lunatics running the asylum! :smokey: I can't wait to see what develops.
Nullpunkt

Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt  
2004-10-03, 14:10

I'd love to throw my hat into the ring, to be honest.

I guess my background in Journalism (as in I went to College for it and freelance occasionally as well) would might help, and i'd love to be writing weekly (or bi-weekly) mac-centric columns for an intriguing site like this one.

If you'd like a draft of some of my previous published articles for a glimpse on my writing style, please PM me, or contact me via any of the instant messengers listed on my profile.

I look forward to hopefully hearing back from someone in the near future.
BenRoethig

2004-10-06, 06:57

Is this opportunity still open?
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-10-06, 10:16

It is. You should PM me or email me with some stuff you've written in the past as well as why you want to write for apple nova and some of the ideas you wanted to explore in regards to what you would write for us.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Nullpunkt

Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt  
2004-10-06, 12:25

Any news yet, m'friend? I realize it's gotta go through the right channels.... but the agony of the wait is killing me here! it's almost as bad as it was waiting for August 31st to roll around....

I know, I know, patience is a virtue.... good thng i have a scant amount of it left.