User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

mp3 ringtones - best one?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: What ringtone do you like?
A clip from a song: I'm hipper than you and I'm going to make sure you know it! 0 0%
A clip from a movie/celebrity/etc: I am a pop-culture jock. 0 0%
A normal "ring" ringtone: I'm just plane-Jane (or my phone sucks). 2 13.33%
None (vibrate): I have a rage against ringtones fueled by a thousand suns. 13 86.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

mp3 ringtones - best one?
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
techzombie

2005-01-13, 20:30

i've been goin on an mp3 ringtone spree.

whose got what ringtone here?

me-- > entire "sayhello to my lil friend scene from scarface"

Sopranos theme song by alambama 3 "woke up this mornin"

"some wild japanese bubble gum pop."

yer turn :O
Ryan
Veteran Member

2005-01-13, 20:33

"Brrrrring. Brrrrring. Brrrrring."

Doesn't get better than that.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-13, 20:35

Best one?

Vibrate.

I have to fight hard the urge to kick the living snot out of people when their idiotic top 50 song ring goes off in class.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
techzombie

2005-01-13, 20:39

you dudes gotta chill out and have some fun, mac users gotta express themselves. that's our job.

give it a shot. here is a site that lets you convert mp3's into ringtones for free. i got addicted.

http://revgtv.com/5/ringers/
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-13, 20:43

Right.

"Expressing" yourself with by putting some gimmicky song on your phone is akin to "expressing" yourself by putting a racing stripe and giant muffler on your Neon.

BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-01-13, 23:31

Most interesting one I've heard is a clip that one of my former coworkers took from Finding Nemo. It was a few seconds of the seagulls going, "Mine, mine mineminemineminemine..."

I also have one assigned to another coworker that's a horse whinny. Guess why.

Other than those, which are for fun, I've either got it on a regular, boring ringer, or it's on vibrate. I hate hearing cell phones go off in public places, too, especially when the user pauses a few seconds to read the caller ID and decide whether to answer or not.
HOM
The Elder™

2005-01-13, 23:47

Everyone that I talk to on a regular basis gets their own ringtone so I can know who's calling without even having to look at the phone.

Generic Ring: America, Fuck Yeah

Beer

Born In The USA

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Dumb Pop Song

Full Metal Jacket

So Fresh, So Clean

Top Gun Theme

And all my SMS, MMS, emails, and voicemails get Zelda Secret Noise

Each one has a specific meaning for the person it's associated with.

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
Satchmo
can't read sarcasm.

2005-01-14, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by techzombie
give it a shot. here is a site that lets you convert mp3's into ringtones for free. i got addicted.

http://revgtv.com/5/ringers/

Dude, it doesn't look free to me. Just a link to a membership to pay.
techzombie

2005-01-14, 16:47

satchmo, yeah, don't bother dude.
last thing i need is a bunch of noobs getitng on that site and slowin down my conversions.

anyone every try puttingthe beserk sound track on a 8200, the susumu hirana song sings is AMAZING!!! it was my 100th covnersion
HOM
The Elder™

2005-01-14, 16:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by techzombie
satchmo, yeah, don't bother dude.
last thing i need is a bunch of noobs getitng on that site and slowin down my conversions.

anyone every try puttingthe beserk sound track on a 8200, the susumu hirana song sings is AMAZING!!! it was my 100th covnersion
Why don't you use QuickTime and iTunes and cut your own?

CandyApplez

2005-01-14, 17:00

Hey fellas, first post!

My favorite tone is the Super Mario Bros 1 theme
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...s/Smbtheme.mid

Or, if Im going out to a club:
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...es/Mario_2.mid

This site has prety much any video game music you can think of, in midi. Its also free.
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2005-01-14, 17:40

i hate ringtones. they bother me to no end. i use vibrate, and i make sure that even that noise is kept quiet by hitting the 'end' button when someone calls that i dont want to answer. that, by the way, was a pretty cool feature, hitting end doesn't kill the call just the vibrate/ringtone.
techzombie

2005-01-14, 18:01

um quicktime? it don't do my phones format,a nd i'd still ahev to send it to a webserver etc. and then there is bs with mime tpyes and stuff, i'm not a tech god. sides i found a free site that does all the work for me. next time i won;t bother sharign stuff like that here, sounds like you all prefer stuff the hard way
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2005-01-14, 19:46

Godfather theme -> Close freinds
Godfather -> Poker ppl
"He is as clumsy as he is stupid. General, prepare your troops for a surface attack. " -> Everyone else
Wrao
Yarp

2005-01-14, 22:29

My phone is a POS and doesn't do mp3 ring tones, but I intend to get a new phone fairly soon(contract and all=cheap or free) Whereupon I will make my own mp3 ringtones with garageband and/or reason.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-01-14, 22:49

Ringtones suck. Express yourself some way that doesn't bother everyone around you. Especially me.
Steve_Case

2005-01-14, 23:20

Whooooooo hooo! revgtv.com/5/ringers

Me likey! thx techzombie :-)

too bad it takes like 30 seconds to actually convert - means i can't do all 1548 mp3s in one sitting. Dang! I like the fact that it's free though ---- I'll be MORE than happy to wait the conversion time.
nomorewindows

2005-01-15, 00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Best one?

Vibrate.

I have to fight hard the urge to kick the living snot out of people when their idiotic top 50 song ring goes off in class.
I couldn't agree more. I hate it when someones dumb-ass tune disturbs my wa! What's wrong with turning on the damn "vibrate" feature? You paid for it--use it and leave the rest of us in peace.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2005-01-15, 00:00

I think I just heard the stupidest ringtone possible.

Donald Trump saying "You're Fired" over and over and over again.

Of course, the guy who had it on his phone just had to hear it time after time to impress his easily impressed friends.
nomorewindows

2005-01-15, 00:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeDude
I think I just heard the stupidest ringtone possible.

Donald Trump saying "You're Fired" over and over and over again.

Of course, the guy who had it on his phone just had to hear it time after time to impress his easily impressed friends.
This person should be bitch-slapped until he cries. Can you tell I f*&king hate ringtones? Why do people spend money on this?
eventhorizon

2005-01-15, 00:05

too bad no verizon support
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-15, 00:14

I'm adding a poll to this thread. Go vote, everybody!
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-01-15, 00:18

You know what's best about vibrate?

It feels sooooo good.....

(plus, a car stereo can never drown it out when it's vibrating between your legs )
Paul
Veteran Member

2005-01-15, 09:44

vzw forces users to buy ringtones... so I don't use them...

vibrate-only for me...
Wrao
Yarp

2005-01-15, 17:18

I really really really dislike the fact that mp3 ringtones, cell phone wallpapers and mini games are being made into a marketable, sellable industry. With the exception of the latter, those things should be completely free, user controlled, and easy to make and get onto your phone. Games, I could see paying for, but even then, bleh.
Kyle.esq

2005-01-15, 23:58

My phone sucks to acually get mp3 ring tones. :-(

It is the first camera phone ever put on the market!!

Getting EVERYTHING updated right before I go to college...including PC--> Mac
techzombie

2005-01-16, 00:12

wrao,
yo dude, that's why you get it for free while it lasts, hit that site hard, cuz who knows how long it'll be free. these dudes always sneak pay shiet on you, i'm luvin it while it lasts though, i really like my tv blog on there, i'd be willin to pay for that if it wasn't free so even if the toens go pay i won;t be too angry. :k lol
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2005-01-17, 16:16

My phone is 95% of the time on vibrate+ring (vibrates like three times then plays ring tone). I'm hard of hearing so vibrate works much better for me anyway not to mention I hate ringers. I will admit though that if my phone ever does ring it plays....The Macyver theme song.

And All That Could Have Been
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-01-17, 16:18

And the old Novans rolled in their future graves....

I'm on vibrate most of the time. Otherwise my default ring is the theme from Red Dwarf. The whole damn song. I also have the Muppet Show, Beetlejuice and Fawlty Towers... and then some. These are midis but they are really well done.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Wrao
Yarp

2005-01-17, 17:16

Here's an interesting thing that my phone does. My phone is really cheap, it's the bottom of the barrel verizon phone from a year ago, I think they even gave me money back to take it, it doesn't have color screen, it doesn't have any games, or fancy effects, it doesn't have custom ringtones, and the ringtones it does have are very crummy. So, I usually set my phone to vibrate 3 times then ring, this works well because my phone is usually in an arms grasp, so it's essentially just vibrate that I use, but whenever I happen to be in the other room, I do end up hearing it(though due to my ring tone being 'baby elephant walk', I usually get up and boogie for a bit and miss the call) So there are two things that I would point out at this juncture.

1) the vibrate on my phone is the most ridiculous vibrate I've ever seen on a phone. Namely because it's really high pitched, you can actually HEAR the vibrate pretty clearly from the other side of the room, now the kicker is that, while you can hear it pretty clearly due to it being high pitched, it's not all that powerful, and when the phone is in the pocket of my coat, sometimes I don't even feel it vibrate at all!

2) my phone clicks and lights up before ringing or vibrating. So, whenever my phone is sitting next to me or on a table near me, I'll hear a very audible *click* then(if it's dark) the phone will light up, and only then, after these two steps, will it start vibrating(or ringing) So, at the end of the day, since my phone is usually within arms reach, I pick it up before it even starts ringing!