AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iOS and iPadOS 15

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iOS and iPadOS 15
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-09-24, 17:29

Very possible. When they commit to something, right or wrong, it's usually a full-on "go". I, too, am a bit surprised they gave folks the option. They'll probably use iOS 15 and 16 to ease people into it, eventually making it a permanent, "it's on the bottom and you'll like it" thing.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-25, 12:22

I'm getting used to it on the bottom and do appreciate it with the phone being easier to use with one hand for that. It is a struggle to find certain things still and muscle memory is certainly at play in all this.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-09-25, 12:54

Do they still have that feature in modern, newer (and larger?) iPhones where you can "pull" the top of the screen down to the bottom half of your phone screen? I know the name wasn't "Reacharound", but that's what I'm going with unless/until corrected...

Or was that done away with?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-25, 13:36

It is still there. I accidentally hit it regularly and then remember how handy it is.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-09-25, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Do they still have that feature in modern, newer (and larger?) iPhones where you can "pull" the top of the screen down to the bottom half of your phone screen? I know the name wasn't "Reacharound", but that's what I'm going with unless/until corrected...

Or was that done away with?
They do. It's Reachability, so close enough. It took me a while to figure out how to do it on Face ID phones (and I wasn't sure it was still a thing at all).

On Touch ID phones, you'd double-tap (not click!) the home button. On Face ID phones, you swipe down from a little above the bottom edge towards the bottom edge; i.e., you kind of "pull the content down".
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2021-09-26, 06:44

I’m having minor issues with some apps not sending notifications after migrating from my 12 Pro to 13 Pro. Majority I just deleted the app and reinstalled but some are the built in apps like News and Weather. Any suggestions?
psmith2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-09-26, 07:30

Can you not delete/reinstall those as well? When I put my phone in “wiggle” mode, both of those have a minus sign and everything now looks to be delete-able (that wasn’t always the case, was it?). Certain stock, built-in Apple apps weren’t able to be deleted, but that no longer seems to be the case.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2021-09-26, 07:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Can you not delete/reinstall those as well? When I put my phone in “wiggle” mode, both of those have a minus sign and everything now looks to be delete-able (that wasn’t always the case, was it?). Certain stock, built-in Apple apps weren’t able to be deleted, but that no longer seems to be the case.
Thanks! I didn’t even realize you could delete stock apps. You know what they say about assuming…..
psmith2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-09-26, 07:54

You could do so for a while now, but there were still some holdouts…apps they wouldn’t allow you to delete. Today is the first time I realized that everything built-in looks to be removable. Might be an iOS 15 thing, not really sure.

I learn something new every day, whether I mean to or not.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-09-26, 10:00

Presumably, this was introduced with iOS 14; namely, you can remove them from the Home Screen because they’ll still be in App Library.

Whereas apps like Mail you can remove altogether.
psmith2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-09-26, 10:04

Ah...
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-10-14, 11:23

So is anyone else having strange scrolling issues once upgraded to iOS15.0.2? Specifically in Safari? I have no issues when moving up and down on a page when holding the phone normally, but when I turn the phone on its side if I am not moving my fingers on the extreme edges of the screen it will not respond to inputs. Very strange, never seen anything like this in iOS before. It does not happen all the time either.
psmith2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-10-14, 11:27

Yep, I've experienced that on my iPhone. I've not installed 15.0.2 yet, but since installing iOS 15 (and that first follow up), so many little things seem different/odd, and some of them are indeed based around responsiveness and scrolling. I do realize I can't get too bent out of shape with a five-and-a-half-year old iPhone, but none of this was an issue with iOS 14 and earlier. So it's a 15-based thing, whatever is going on.

Something I've been meaning to ask about: is that little "flip animation" where the top of the screen seems to flip up 90 degrees from the side (I've not rotated the phone, mind you) some new "feature"/aspect of iOS 15?

Or is my phone possessed?

I don't encounter it all the time, or with every app. And I can't seem to establish a pattern of why/when, but just out of the blue I'll launch Weather, Safari or Maps (I'll be in portrait/normal mode, BTW) and the screen for the just-opened app will briefly appear on its side and then twist up to the top, where it's supposed to be.

Seems kinda unnecessary and pointless if it is indeed a "feature" or new eye candy for iOS 15. Not sure what it's supposed to signify or help with. Too brief to be of any real-world, practical use or notification of anything important. We're talking a second or less, just enough for me to see it happen, as though the display is being spun 90 degrees within the phone itself.

If it's my phone glitching/stroking out, then that's a different thing completely...
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-10-14, 11:40

Good to know it’s not just me. I didn’t notice it with earlier builds though, but maybe because it’s somewhat intermittent it just didn’t happen earlier? Closing the browser (not just going to the Home Screen) and relaunching it seems to fix the issue for a while anyway.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-14, 12:16

I'm not seeing it on my 13 mini. Normally I end up browsing via 1Password or the DuckDuckGo app though. Pretty sure they use the same engines but never bothered to look into them. I do use Safari, but normally when a default weblink is clicked.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-10-14, 12:27

I'm actually happy - and quite impressed - that Apple/iOS supports such an old phone. I have very little reason to genuinely squawk. But these little visual glitches are interesting, and I truly don't know if it's a "feature" or my phone's graphics just wigging out with the new iOS. Doesn't affect usability and lasts less than a second, so it's not really impacting anything. Just funny to see my display swoop up 90 degrees at random times upon launching an app (always upon launching an app, never during or while using).