User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Programmer's Nook »

PiratePalooza website makeover (and the Peekaboo Bug)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
PiratePalooza website makeover (and the Peekaboo Bug)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2008-04-18, 18:56

A few weeks ago Captain Drew approached me about updating his website, which I didn't want to do because he's a boorish lout, and I know how hard it is to upgrade WordPress and I know how much time it takes to create a brand new Theme.... but I agreed to do it anyway and so here I am, finally nearing the renovation to his website PiratePalooza.com and I'm here today to say that I would appreciate and consider any and all comments you might have about the new site. Spotting bugs would be nice too, though spotting and correcting them for me would be even better.

One problem I'm having on the PC side is that Internet Explorer 7 experiences a form of the "PeekaBoo bug" with one graphic in the sidebar. It's the JPG "advertisement" for the rPhone, which disappears the first time you're not paying attention. Can somebody take a look at the code to see if you can figure out what I've done wrong? (If you really know what you're doing you won't need me to show you where that code is).

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-04-20, 11:39

I didn't see this thread till today, but I've got to say that you've done a bang up job with the redesign. I like the Google Maps integration. Only critique would be to darken the text in your menu bar a bit. It seems a bit lost in the goldish color of the background. But overall it's very nice looking.

I'm sorry I can't solve your problem as I stopped trying to fix IE bugs a year or so ago and wouldn't know where to start.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2008-04-20, 23:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu View Post
I didn't see this thread till today, but I've got to say that you've done a bang up job with the redesign. I like the Google Maps integration. Only critique would be to darken the text in your menu bar a bit. It seems a bit lost in the goldish color of the background. But overall it's very nice looking. I'm sorry I can't solve your problem as I stopped trying to fix IE bugs a year or so ago and wouldn't know where to start.
Thanks for the compliments and thanks for the critiques, they always help. I'll take a look at those things this week.
I hijacked the "automatic" code that Yelp! issues to their users with my own stylesheets.... had to make it match my theme!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter