Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Quagmire
meh

2011-05-25, 01:14

The first trailer was just released. The conflict has officially become WWIII and the trailer starts off with NYC heavily damaged( but, hey the Freedom Tower is undamaged!!!) and shows the battles raging in Europe. I am looking forward to MW3 and hope it isn't a disappointment like Black Ops was.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3fIaA6mfw

giggity
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-05-25, 01:24

*yawn* I'm not getting too excited yet because it looks like the same old formula. Unfortunately I can't really expect anything more, I guess why fix something that isn't broken. I wouldn't be surprised if the franchise had peaked at MW2, but I'll reserve judgement until this ships.

Ultimately, if it can improve on MW2 I'm sure I'll like it (I'll probably even pre-order it, along with the other millions of people). On the other hand, I'd like them to go back and rehash some of the WWII stuff again after MW3. I'm a sucker for historical stuff...

All in all, I'm excited but trying to temper my enthusiasm.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Quagmire
meh

2011-05-25, 01:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
*yawn* I'm not getting too excited yet because it looks like the same old formula. Unfortunately I can't really expect anything more, I guess why fix something that isn't broken. I wouldn't be surprised if the franchise had peaked at MW2, but I'll reserve judgement until this ships.

Ultimately, if it can improve on MW2 I'm sure I'll like it (I'll probably even pre-order it, along with the other millions of people). On the other hand, I'd like them to go back and rehash some of the WWII stuff again after MW3. I'm a sucker for historical stuff...

All in all, I'm excited but trying to temper my enthusiasm.
Heh. We have different opinions. I like MW1 and MW2( with MW2 being my favorite out of the two), but wasn't a big fan of World at War and Black Ops. World at War wasn't bad, neither was Black Ops. They just had the unfortunate luck of having to follow the Modern Warfare storyline. WaW vs Black Ops? I liked WaW better.

I am with you on being a sucker for historical stuff, but I am more of a Navy person for the historical things( hence why I love Battlestations: Midway and Pacific. Got to have my Battleships. ).

giggity
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2011-05-25, 08:03

Funny, it seems you like the Infinity Ward releases, but not the Treyarch releases.

I burned out on the COD series with Modern Warfare. Haven't picked up MW2 and probably won't pick up MW3 either. I'm hoping Gears of War 3 takes care of my shooting itch from September until Uncharted III comes out.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2011-05-25, 08:39

Another COD? I burned out on COD after the third PC game.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2011-05-25, 09:22

Quote:
*yawn* <snip>
Ditto.

It amazes me such a cookie cutter game series remains popular or warrants anticipation. COD bores me to death.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2011-05-25, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
Ditto.

It amazes me such a cookie cutter game series remains popular or warrants anticipation. COD bores me to death.
It's a very popular Skinner box. I know people that won't stop playing because they haven't reached maximum prestige, or gotten all the powerups for their favorite weapons or what have you.

I've been diving more and more into single player games lately because these game have to have a decent storyline, etc. in order to be worth playing. Shooter games focus mostly on multiplayer and have a sham of a single player story. Give me Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption or Assassin's Creed any day over yet another ActiBlizzard shooter.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-05-25, 10:01

World At War was okay, COD 1, 2, and 3 is really what I feel nostalgic about. I remember doing 4 player split screen in COD 3 and having some epic deathmatches with my friends - and all on the same TV, who'd think you can have deathmatches without the internet!

I don't even have Black Ops, it looks like shit.

As for single player games, yeah they're fun but most are a "one & done" experience. With Modern Warfare there's a higher replay value because every multiplayer match will turn out differently, and you'll always meet someone better than you. Still gets dry at times though.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Quagmire
meh

2011-05-25, 10:04

Quote:
World At War was okay, COD 1, 2, and 3 is really what I feel nostalgic about. I remember doing 4 player split screen in COD 3 and having some epic deathmatches with my friends - and all on the same TV, who'd think you can have deathmatches without the internet!

I don't even have Black Ops, it looks like shit.
MW1 was the first COD game I played so maybe that is why I am not bored of the COD series yet.

I am hoping they sneak in a side story( or it's in MW4 or another COD series) where we are Seal Team Six go into OBL's compound and kill him. Similar to Black Ops where we try to kill Castro......

giggity
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2011-05-25, 10:09

The only shooter I got for my PS3 is MAG. Great team work, it's fun...

I think I'll pass again on this MW. Doesn't seems to bring much from what I've seen. Never had much fun playing CD. I'm not a deadmatch fan and all the CD modes feels like it. You're really always on your own. OTH, Battlefield 3 looks like something. I might get tempted...

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2011-05-25, 11:57

Quote:
As for single player games, yeah they're fun but most are a "one & done" experience. With Modern Warfare there's a higher replay value because every multiplayer match will turn out differently, and you'll always meet someone better than you. Still gets dry at times though.
I hear ya on the "one and done". I have a backlog of games though, so I have enough to keep me busy (like Mass Effect 2 ) until another game I want drops in price. I picked up ME2 for $20 new, for instance. Heck, I still have to complete the single player portion of Killzone 2!

Still, Gears 3 will probably be a day 1 purchase for me as I love the bloody gibs that game delivers. Nothing like shotgunning someone's legs off and watching their torso fall and splat into what used to be muscle, cartilege and sinew.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2011-05-25, 12:10

World at War remains my favorite by far, with Black Ops in second, COD4 in third, then COD2, with MW2 at the bottom.