User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Holy crap, I'm actually going to graduate!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Holy crap, I'm actually going to graduate!
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-05-23, 19:01

I don't usually talk about personal stuff, but I'm too excited about this, and since my girlfriend is in Canada (no, not sleeping with murbot), I'm telling you guys. (God, I'm a loser)

So, about 12 months ago, I decided it would be a really good idea to leave the college where I had just made the Dean's list to go to a state school and get my own place. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Fast forward to the first semester of this year. I had to spend too much time working to pay for my apartment, and I only passed two classes. That's right, I went from Dean's list at an upscale private school to probation at a mid-rate state school. I took one class this spring and got a B-. My GPA at that school stands at 1.18. Holy shit.

That's where graduating comes in... I'm taking two summer classes at the state school right now online. However, in the fall I'm re-enrolling at the private school I just left and moving back into the dorms. I've taken a new job in the private school's IT department, where I worked before, but this time I've moved up from spyware-removing desk jockey to be a Web and database developer. And they gave me a raise. And they're letting me work there this summer, despite the fact that I'm not even enrolled yet.

Today after work, I met with the assistant registrar at my old/new school. Despite the fact that I made almost no progress last year, and that I changed my major, I'm still going to graduate on time! In just two years, I'll be out of school. No grad school for me either (screw you intellectuals, I quit! ).

Let's recap. I left my school, fucked up my grades severely, nearly got kicked out of my old school, got re-admitted (and with my 3.5758 GPA restored, no less), got a raise, got a promotion, and I'm still graduating on time? Good God, this has been a crazy ride.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2006-05-23, 19:44

Holy crap man, that's fantastic! Congrats!
Is it 1981?

2006-05-23, 19:47

Nice one You bastard

The deadline for my degree is next Wednesday. Whether I'll actually graduate is another thing

</irrelevance>
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-05-23, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is it 1981?
Nice one You bastard

The deadline for my degree is next Wednesday. Whether I'll actually graduate is another thing

</irrelevance>
Good luck to you! I obviously still have to finish my last two years... I'm just amazed that I fucked up so badly and I can still graduate on time. I was sure I was going to be on the five-year plan.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317