User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 10 of 28 First Previous 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  Next Last Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-10-03, 00:04

I'm away on a business trip until Saturday, too. I'll check in on things this weekend.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-10-03, 14:20

Spec and I were tooling around last night, and I think it might be partially my crop-matrons / crops, and mainly the Solar Panel factory on the rig. My frame rate is 9fps over there (using the good graphics card!).

There's lots of crystal chests, constantly running engines, and there's also some overflow issues in the generator manufacture section.

It's currently powered by redstone torches, so it can't be turned off. Who owns it? Can we retrofit it with diamond chests and an off switch so we can see if it's causing the problem? Even just replacing the redstone torches with levers will let us turn it off temporarily to see if things improve.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-10-03, 14:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Spec and I were tooling around last night, and I think it might be partially my crop-matrons / crops, and mainly the Solar Panel factory on the rig. My frame rate is 9fps over there (using the good graphics card!).
Is that rig actually within viewing distance of the spawn area? Step 1: reduce from "far" to "normal".

Quote:
It's currently powered by redstone torches, so it can't be turned off. Who owns it? Can we retrofit it with diamond chests and an off switch so we can see if it's causing the problem? Even just replacing the redstone torches with levers will let us turn it off temporarily to see if things improve.
I already replaced 6-8 crystal chests with diamond chests a few nights ago and that helped a bit, but those were only the "extra" chests and not the ones in the factory pipelines. gerlocian built that rig and the machine. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if someone took the time to replace the rest of the chests or find a way to build a massive (the wiring would be massive) on/off switch.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-10-03, 18:07

I think we should try the "replace redstone torches with levers" step before we try a huge wiring project. The diamond chests in place of crystal might help. Aside from that, the only thing I can think would cause an issue is my crops, perhaps? Are there lots of cycles going to check if they should grow weeds? Or does someone else have machinery at spawn that might be causing the issue? In the cave, or deep underground, perhaps?

I get about 30ish FPS at spawn which is OK, so maybe we're worrying over nothing?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-10-03, 21:32

It was me, everybody.

Time to fess up.

I took a large block condenser and rerouted it into a feed collector and connected them both into a flight ring and a hellfire ring and reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

This has allowed me to travel through time.

Sorry.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2012-10-03, 21:46

*reads last few posts of thread*

Uhhh, what happened to punching trees and getting wood?
¡Damned!

2012-10-04, 00:12

Now you make a robotic arm and destroy a forest in one punch. It's called progress.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-10-04, 14:45

Last night I made a Destruction Catalyst. That thing is insane. Is it me, or did the guy who made EE say "balance? Screw that."
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-10-04, 14:54

I think Dellphi has one of those. We were in a cave and some zombies were approaching...

"Watch this!!" he says.

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

Why was I losing hearts?

I was BEHIND him!!

I tried to type "STOP!!"

But I died.

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2012-10-04, 15:52

Quote:
Last night I made a Destruction Catalyst. That thing is insane. Is it me, or did the guy who made EE say "balance? Screw that."
I was wondering what happened to all the trees near your place.

I've been using one of those to level out an area of the desert so I can start building the main gate to The Holy Creeper City, and yeah. Powerful stuff. Had a couple of misfires though, so I have to fill a few very deep holes.

Protip: Inventory be fillin' up quick with this tool, so create a few Alchemy Bags to store the loot. If you put a bag in your hotbar and place a powered-up Black Hole Ring inside of it it'll just suck all the loot balls into the bag.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-10-04, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Protip: Inventory be fillin' up quick with this tool, so create a few Alchemy Bags to store the loot. If you put a bag in your hotbar and place a powered-up Black Hole Ring inside of it it'll just suck all the loot balls into the bag.
I don't understand any of this.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-10-05, 12:38

I have some of those things, Drew. Next time you're on with me, I'll give you some so you can try them out.

Delphi's Skelton killer was probably an Archangels Smite ring. It fires a stream of homing arrows, like a Gatling gun. If you have one of them and a jet pack, you're essentially an Apache helicopter.

The trees behind my house were the result of a Ring of Ignition incident...
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-10-05, 22:25

I've had several holes from Infernal Armor accidents. They happen. LOL
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-10, 19:03

So I have the place over past 709's but I'm thinking I want to move closer to spawn and the ocean. Has anyone claimed the point south of Brad's?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-07-18, 10:12

A bit late since i have my house up already, but i thought id ask before i build any more.
Is everyone OK with me claiming this area?
¡Damned!

2013-08-04, 16:21

Brad: are you planning to use the area underneath the Marketplace for anything? I was thinking about making a Snow Block farm in the market area. I'd steer clear of the wool farm, as that looks like it may get the closest underground to that plot. I'd considered putting it underneath my place since I have the room, but thought better of it and looked for a place near the farms. This looks like the best option so far.

Basically, I'm thinking a small structure between the Mart and the pathway with stairs to a hollowed out area roughly as large as the Mart underneath.

The only person close is RS, but I'll keep it away from him as much as the Marketplace is.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-04, 17:19

Quote:
Brad: are you planning to use the area underneath the Marketplace for anything?
No, but...

Quote:
The only person close is RS, but I'll keep it away from him as much as the Marketplace is.
I deliberately kept all of the Meat Mart to the south side of the street so anything under the Marketplace would be free for RS to mine.

Alternate suggestion: Build where the gallows currently stand?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-04, 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Alternate suggestion: Build where the gallows currently stand?
So, we discussed this one a little more in-game. 709 is free to build under the market if that's what fits best, and I built a lego brick where the gallows were.

¡Damned!

2013-08-04, 19:38

The farm will be pretty shallow, so I don't think it'll affect RS too much if at all. I'll make a point to steer away from him though.

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-08-05, 08:58

I don't *think* my mine goes under the marketplace, but it may in a couple of spots.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-08-05, 09:57

Have any of you seen the gold nugget farms made out of a huge number of portals? Talk about rapid wealth generation...
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-08-05, 23:39

The ravine that I've been mining is under the market. I didn't know until I installed the minimap thingy.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-08-05, 23:48

The minimap is really nice, isn't it?
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-08-06, 13:48

Just in case people wanted to know what Bobsky is on about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYNT0Xdus

That's a LOT of obsidian required.

From the description:
(SMALL PORTALFARM:
3955 obsidian~ 1 double chest ~ 4 hours nonstop mining with efficency IV
1000 portals)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-06, 14:01

Quote:
~ 4 hours nonstop mining with efficency IV
…aaaand 709 just finished gathering materials for three of them.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-08-06, 18:13

What's going on with the ice up here?
http://mcmaps.applenova.com/#layerId...Z=-1666&zoom=4

Does it appear like that "in-person"?

Also, how is it that I didn't notice this thread has a spelling error in the title until now?
¡Damned!

2013-08-06, 18:17

That's just a weirdness with the map. It's fine in person.

LOL @ the spelling mistake. This thread has been up what, 2 years or so and everyone's brains just filled in the 'n' until now?

I'm totally making it a thing in chat. "Whose place is this?" "I don't kow."

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-10, 01:43

I've been making a "ghastly shooting gallery" up in the rocky outcroppings above my nether portal. Tonight I was running around and got confused because I didn't remember one hallway. So I followed it and it led to a portal! So I went in!! And it went somewhere!!! And I went topside and it's Spec's place!!

While I was there I tossed cobble onto some stairs at his "picture window" overlooking spawn, in order to keep a zombie away.

Captain Drew on Twitter
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-08-10, 02:44

Yeah, I meant to put up signs the next time I logged in, but I just haven't had the time this week. I'll get around to it this weekend, probably.
¡Damned!

2013-08-11, 22:18

Owen wants to build a monster grinder of some sort. Not being sure of the design, would this area work for everyone? :

It's close to Owen's house and could be connected by road if needed.

So it goes.