User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

iTunes 8 hiccuping

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iTunes 8 hiccuping
tsa

2008-09-17, 13:58

My iTunes 8 has problems playing music from my network drive. I've never had that before with iTunes 7. When I stream the music wireless from my network drive to my airtunes thingy, the music will suddenly stop playing but the time goes on. After a few seconds of silence the music comes back with a bit of 'hiccuping'. If the music stopped at 0:20, it's silent for let's say 4 seconds, and then the music comes back at 0:24. The 4 s in between are not played. So it's not that the music stops and continues 4 s later, the 4 s of music are just not played. Does anyone else have this problem? I have the buffer on full, but I don't think it's a network problem since my computer still keeps the time and just mutes the music. I have a MacBook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo with 2 GB, and wireless with good (maximal) reception. The airport express has software version 6.3 on it, which apparently is the latest version it can handle since it won't upgrade to version 7.x.

Last edited by tsa : 2008-09-17 at 21:40. Reason: Added some more important information.
tsa

2008-09-17, 21:37

I just found out that the problem has to do with iTunes handling a lot of network traffic. When I download more than one podcast while playing music over the wireless network, my data transfer over the network is way up from normal, and iTunes just mutes the music until everything is downloaded. If I just play music, sometimes the network traffic goes way up and the music is muted for a few seconds.
tsa

2008-09-18, 01:14

Where can I download iTunes 7 again?
¡Damned!

2008-09-18, 01:26

There's a link here (4th post down).
tsa

2008-09-18, 11:58

Thanks!