Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

What exactly are wisdom teeth?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What exactly are wisdom teeth?
Neø

Send a message via AIM to Neø  
2004-06-18, 15:46

Sorry for making such a thread, i don't mind if it will get locked. I'm just too lazy to go get the dictionary to look up what those are.
I heard that they are the teeth in the very back of your mouth. I have teeth in the back of my mouth that are for some reason under a layer of skin and it hurts to chew when that skin swells up. I just wondered if those are the wisdom teeth, and why everybody has to go get them pulled out.

-Neø

I don't consider myself an offensive guy. I am just a harmless lovable little fuzzball.
-Rush Limbaugh
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-18, 15:49

Wisdom teeth are teeth that its soul purpose is to be annoying. They will start to show when you are in college(18-23 is a good age range). Most of the times you will need them pulled out because there is no room for them to fit in your mouth. Some are lucky they have enough room in there mouth for the wisdom teeth to fit.

giggity
Neø

Send a message via AIM to Neø  
2004-06-18, 15:56

the annoying thing is that one of then is already "shedding" and there is a piece of skin ofer it that food always gets stuck under.

-Neø
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-18, 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neø
the annoying thing is that one of then is already "shedding" and there is a piece of skin ofer it that food always gets stuck under.

-Neø
Those aren't the wisdom teeth. Those are your 12 year old mohlers. They come up when you are 12. Since you are 13 those are them.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2004-06-18, 16:24

I know exactly what you mean about that little flap! It bugged the hell out of me. I would sit in class and poke at it for hours. Guess I grew out of the habit, since I just checked and don't seem to have them anymore.

I suppose "Grandpa Caveman" wanted wisdom teeth since by the time they reached late teens, they would no doubt loose a few. Wisdom teeth help fill in the spaces. But today, most people have all their teeth so they are mostly a nuisance. All my wisdom teeth came in straight but is is a pain to try to get a toothbrush back there.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-18, 16:34

My wisdom teeth are all in, any luckily none of them were impacted or majorly screwed up.

However, one of them is sticking out in such a way that the pointy edge (it's a small tooth) is almost pushing against the inside of my cheek. So naturally about once a month as I'm chewing my food, my cheek will get pinched between this evil wisdom tooth and the opposing back teeth on my lower jaw... bite down, cut cheek, grimmace in pain and anger... and wait three days until the cheek heals. Repeat.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2004-06-18, 16:41

Just 3 days? Man, you got it lucky! When ever I have something like that happen, I always bite it again the next day... and the next... and again... At the end of the week I get pissed and stop eating for a day of two. (Drinking is fine. Water, milk, soda, and Beer=liquid bread. )

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-06-18, 17:12

it's actually pretty interesting that Neo or Underquagtakermire don't have any wisdom teeth.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-06-18, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
it's actually pretty interesting that Neo or Underquagtakermire don't have any wisdom teeth.

ziiing.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-06-18, 17:57

Quote:
try it again without the word "teeth"
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-18, 18:33

Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-20, 00:11

Quote:
uqtm