AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Cut down on Apple TV cable clutter with wireless HDMI

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Cut down on Apple TV cable clutter with wireless HDMI
MacMan05

2007-02-02, 13:31

article:http://news.yahoo.com/s/macworld/200...sshdmi20070202
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-02-02, 16:01

…and your thoughts would be…
MacMan05

2007-02-02, 18:13

Just putting it out there;-)
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-02-02, 18:17

No, seriously, your thoughts please.

http://forums.applenova.com/guidelines.html
Quote:
Be descriptive with the title of new threads. Do not start a thread with an ambiguous title like "Guess what..." or "Help!" and then use the text portion of the post to explain. Do not give threads misleading titles in an attempt to gain more views. Give your post a headline. This courtesy is especially appreciated in the more highly trafficked forums. Furthermore, threads with no original content will not be allowed. Do not post a link or quote an article while contributing little to nothing of your own.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-02-02, 18:27

Well, whatever he thinks, I think it's stupendously expensive...
chucker

2007-02-02, 18:34

There's a number of competing technologies that, like Philips's, were introduced at CES this year. Naturally, the current price point is without argument ridiculous, and that kind of device will only sell to latest-feature junkies. Just a matter of time, though.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2007-02-02, 19:10

It's an interesting idea, but I have to wonder about the long term safety of devices that are beaming huge amounts of data unless it's very carefully directed.

I know all this stuff is supposed to be safe, but it still gives me the willies.

Of course, I'm saying that as I type on a computer's wireless connection while my cordless phone sits in front of me, while music is playing on the rear surround speakers wireless and I have a cell phone in my pocket, so it can't concern me *that* much.

Although maybe it should.

Besides which, $300 isn't that much if you have a nice clean wall mount or something and don't want to add wires to your existing setup. I don't think this product is that overpriced.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-02-02, 19:43

Until such time as they invent cordless mains or really, really good batteries, I don't think it's worth all that much.
MacMan05

2007-02-02, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
No, seriously, your thoughts please.

http://forums.applenova.com/guidelines.html
It's a great idea. $299 to $399 is a little pricey to me. Should be more like $199 to $299.?
Eugene
careful with axes

2007-02-02, 20:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
It's an interesting idea, but I have to wonder about the long term safety of devices that are beaming huge amounts of data unless it's very carefully directed.
People have been blanketted by high-powered radio waves for decades. UHF/VHF televsion signals, AM/FM radio. One of the local AM radio stations is 50 kilowatt variety that can be tuned into as far away as Montana and Hawaii at night.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-02-02, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
... One of the local AM radio stations is 50 kilowatt variety that can be tuned into as far away as Montana and Hawaii at night.
Boy, that makes you feel warm all over.
Is it 1981?

2007-02-03, 07:13

Crappy, dull local radio AM radio stations stuck in 1978...

welcome to Horlicks AM.