Apogee Digital discontinues Windows development
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2009-02-23, 21:00

http://news.apogeedigital.com/

Quote:
Apogee Discontinues Windows Development
Santa Monica, CA, February 23, 2009 - As of 2009, Apogee Electronics will no longer develop products for the Microsoft Windows platform. Apogee has made this decision in order to focus all research, development, and support resources on the Apple platform with its unparalleled power and stability. Apple offers a wide range of affordable, powerful desktop and laptop solutions ideally suited for music creation and audio production.

Apogee will continue to develop and manufacture premium converters, microphone preamplifiers, clocking solutions, and supporting technologies that provide world-class solutions for Mac-based production environments.

Windows users can obtain the Apogee sound by connecting Apogee converters to their Windows-compatible audio interface via AES, optical, or S/PDIF. Apogee technical support will continue to support legacy Windows configurations installed on Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Any questions regarding Windows support can be directed to Apogee technical support, available Monday through Friday 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. Pacific Standard Time. Technical Support can be reached either via phone at 310-584-9394, email here, or fax at 310-584-9385.
I was starting to get the feeling that Apogee was the "Filemaker" of audio meaning basically an Apple wholly owned subsidiary and this announcement only strengthens that hunch. I don't know how many wintel users are on Apogee but all I know is that this is pretty stunning to me. If I had doubted Apple's committment to the Pro Audio field yesterday all doubts have been erased.

This makes me feel like the next major Logic Studio revision will get even cozier with Apogee converters.

omgwtfbbq