Post your computer setup pic
Page 48 of 48 First Previous 44 45 46 47 [48]  Thread Tools
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2020-05-13, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
- 21.5" 4K iMad (2019)
Oh dear, is the Calm app available for macOS yet?
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2020-05-13, 23:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post
Oh dear, is the Calm app available for macOS yet?
This one just gets a little testy sometimes...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-05-14, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Here's my mess:
Things have changed and yet some haven't at all. I still have the same chair in the old set up and the desktop is actually the same. I also am using the same Girffin Elevator laptop stand.
Sitting:

Standing:

I'm going to mount my CalDigit dock under the desk but having to wait for some work to be done in my new office. Trying to keep everything movable still... plus I can't find my 6' Thunderbolt cable. I also have a few more cable management things to do as you can see.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-05-14, 11:23

Damn! No way I would work that close to a creeper!
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2020-05-16, 03:00

Full standing desk setup since my last photo way back. Main:

The daily driver setup with an Asus Win10 laptop, Das Keyboard 4 with MX Blue switches, and Roccat Tyon gaming mouse. Also my Mini is back here now and uses the TV as monitor. First gen Magic Mouse I've had since 2010 on the top shelf for the Mini, recently-acquired (when I moved the Mini back here a month or so ago) current Magic Keyboard down on the tray below when not in use, and in front of the PC keyboard while in use. Magic Mouse I'll either use where it is next to the iPad, or put it down next to the PC's mouse. Mini's 1TB external drive is behind the iPad.

Couple Gatorades to keep on hand down on the tray on the near-floor shelf, with the power strip, cable clutter and some old PC games on CDs on the actual shelf.

Over to the left:

13" MBP, adjustable brightness and temp LED desk lamp with a USB charge port, Xbox One and games on top of the ancient old worn out chest of drawers that happens to be at my perfect standing desk height, it's just slightly higher than the lower level of my actual desk.

Not pictured on the small old desk in the corner to the left of there is my iBook G4 and the 13" white unibody MacBook just kinda stacked there, and an external drive that I don't need frequent access to.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-30, 10:00

Welcome to AN lglowanalforr! Not seeing your picture.

Not much different in my setup from 2 years ago. I do have the BR drive, Amp and Dock mounted under the desk now. Oh and I moved from the upstairs room I was in down to the basement.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2022-11-30 at 10:13.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-11-30, 15:22

Cozy setup!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-11-30, 16:29

What's that UPS doing down there? Doesn't look like it's plugged into anything important.

Laptop has a battery, iPad has a battery, iPhone has a battery. UPS has one black cord going to something.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-11-30, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
What's that UPS doing down there? Doesn't look like it's plugged into anything important.

Laptop has a battery, iPad has a battery, iPhone has a battery. UPS has one black cord going to something.
Likely the monitors.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-30, 17:11

Yeah, that UPS is for the monitors, dock, speakers, and WAS for a mini that used to be on the desk. Now it just keeps the monitors and dock running. I do have my iPad Pro charger plugged into it, but that is because I don't have room on my "non-backup" power strip under there.

The red strip on the left in this image is not protected where the grey one on the right is. Both plug into the UPS, but one to the protected and the other not. Tied into the monitor stand mount in the middle upper section is a USB hub (3.0 IIRC) that plugs into the dock. Lots of velcro straps in use here. Need to use more really, but not going to take the time to do it.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-11-30, 18:04

That looks like fun. Although I think here might be a couple cave spiders hiding in there.
Anonymous Coward

2022-11-30, 22:11

Looks like a Fluke 87 in the bag. I wasn't an electrician, but I seem to remember that Fluke gear was standard in the Navy. That's probably why I have a lot of that rather than the less expensive, made in China stuff. There don't seem to be many similar looking knock-offs around.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-12-01, 11:11

Nice setup, T. What kind of amp is that, and what are its controls? I've thought about getting into a slightly more premium audio setup, but I have a lot to learn before I take the plunge on any hardware.

My desk is far too messy and embarrassingly cluttered with cables to share.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-01, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
That looks like fun. Although I think here might be a couple cave spiders hiding in there.
If you look close enough, you'll notice the Minecraft edition Xbox on the desk and the torches on the barrister across the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
Looks like a Fluke 87 in the bag. I wasn't an electrician, but I seem to remember that Fluke gear was standard in the Navy. That's probably why I have a lot of that rather than the less expensive, made in China stuff. There don't seem to be many similar looking knock-offs around.
Yeah, I'm kinda brand loyal to Fluke thanks to the Navy. I mean, I still end up with cheap stuff, but I pretty much only use them for very basic "I see voltage" kinda checks. They might be accurate, but I don't care unless the Fluke says it. :shrug:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Nice setup, T. What kind of amp is that, and what are its controls? I've thought about getting into a slightly more premium audio setup, but I have a lot to learn before I take the plunge on any hardware.

My desk is far too messy and embarrassingly cluttered with cables to share.
The amp is a Fosi Audio from Amazon. It works great in my application thanks to recommendations from this thread a couple of years ago. It just REALLY worked out that is was about as thick as the CalDigit dock and was able to be clamped down with the aluminum bar. With the speakers it really does sound awesome. At times I wish I went a little "bigger" with a sub and all, but normally that is not really needed.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-12-01, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
If you look close enough, you'll notice the Minecraft edition Xbox on the desk and the torches on the barrister across the room.
addict!