Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

In Celebration of the Tour

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
In Celebration of the Tour
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-15, 18:43

We have a logo with the same colour as that of the yellow jersey from the tour. The flag behind the logo represents the current tour leader's country of origin. The speedholes have been updated with new images as well

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-07-15, 19:18

Cool. I was wondering about that. I thought maybe Powerdoc had made a unilateral decision to put the French flag up to piss off the legions of FBI and CIA spooks who frequent these forums in order to catch wily terrorists.

...into the light of a dark black night.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-07-15, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
We have a logo with the same colour as that of the yellow jersey from the tour.
yellow, eh?
*squints*
looks more tangerine than lemon, but it might be le maillot jaune

Quote:
The flag behind the logo represents the current tour leader's country of origin. The speedholes have been updated with new images as well
As the peloton goes past, the flag graphic cycles per each rider's nationality.
Sadly, most browser refresh will only catch the French riders.

As for the speed holes, nice idea... but I'm wanting spokes in #1 and gears in #3.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-15, 19:44

Spokes and cogs in the speedholes aren't necessarily in the purest spirit of the tour. Those would be elements of the bike, and the tour isn't about the bike

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-07-15, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
Spokes and cogs in the speedholes aren't necessarily in the purest spirit of the tour. Those would be elements of the bike, and the tour isn't about the bike
Yeah... it's all about the health benefits, seen here in my favourite Tour poster

:smokey:
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-15, 21:20

Yes, one of my favourites too
Powerdoc
Cat's Dreamlands

2004-07-16, 01:18

Nice pictures. In this time, people use to know how to live
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-07-16, 01:35

Nice work on the graphics

Everything looks great. I saw them earlier today and got all excited, made me want to go for a ride...but I couldn't find my clip shoes. Grrr...oh well, they've gotta be around here somewhere.

<DMBand searches through pile of junk on floor>

<falls out of chair>

<swears loudly>

Come waste your time with me
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-25, 20:57

Hey, LoCash: I just noticed the US flag behind the yellow AppleNova name. Nice! Lance is just a machine. Wonder what he will do next when US Postal becomes Team Discovery Channel. Of couse, I'd bike damn fast to get in bed with Sheryl Crow too.

On a somewhat related topic: My brother-in-law just relayed the message that my father-in-law wants to pass his nice (at least by my standards) alumium frame Cannondale road bike on to me. Very useful, because my mountain bike got stolen two years ago and my 20 year-old British CroMoly road bike is still sitting in my father's basement in Switzerland. Now I just have to get in shape again so that I can keep up with my endurance machine of a wife.

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-26, 06:42

Ha, Escher beat me to the smutty Sheryl Crow comment...I had several lined up, ready to go.

He's a lucky man. and I ain't talking about winning some bike race either...
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-26, 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
....I had several lined up, ready to go.
We know what you like, pscates. So let's hear them! They couldn't be any cheaper than mine, typed while sitting on my big fat ass (figuratively speaking, of course).

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-26, 09:41

Nah, I love her too much...