Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Your First "Post-Covid" (sic) Concert

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Your First "Post-Covid" (sic) Concert
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-04-21, 19:46

This is not my first "post-covid" show, but it's my first where I'm jammed up close to people.

I am at a show for one of my favorite bands, Del Amitri.

They're back together after 20 years!

So strange being here amid all these people.

By the way, I am sitting in nicer seats, waiting to be kicked out and sent down front to the standing room only area.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-04-21, 20:41

Ah, I haven’t thought about them in forever. We used to cover “Roll To Me”. Good times, those days. Enjoy!

I almost went downtown in December to see Marty Stuart, but I just didn’t feel right so I didn’t. I surely would’ve caught something had I gone. My last concert (by anyone of any note/name, and not just shitty local bar bands) was Lucinda Williams, in Knoxville. In 2007.
¡Damned!

2022-04-24, 16:18

On a similar note, how many of you have have finally given in to the urge to see a movie at the theatre? Gotta admit, I'm getting really close – maybe even this coming weekend if I can convince the other one to join me. I think the last theatre movie for me was either Joker or Parasite – that long ago.

So it goes.
Dr. Bobsky

2022-04-24, 17:19

I think Anna's refusal probably makes sense -- although, from my understanding Everything Everywhere All at Once is a worthwhile endeavour...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-04-24, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
On a similar note, how many of you have have finally given in to the urge to see a movie at the theatre?
Not one bit here. I'm done with the whole multiplex thing. It's been about two-and-a-half years now, and I have no plans to go back and I see nothing on the horizon that changes that. Technology being what it is now, I know that anything I may actually want to see will soon enough find its way to my living room. And that's nice.

That's just a preferable venue to me at this point, for about a half-dozen or so reasons.

My last time at the movie theater was December 2019; went out on a bit of a low note, I have to say.

Believe me...if I didn't go see 007, Spider-Man, Batman and about 5-10 other things throughout 2021-2022, then I ain't going back.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-04-25, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
On a similar note, how many of you have have finally given in to the urge to see a movie at the theatre? Gotta admit, I'm getting really close – maybe even this coming weekend if I can convince the other one to join me. I think the last theatre movie for me was either Joker or Parasite – that long ago.
Actually I did go to the theater with my sons to watch Sonic 2. My oldest son really wanted to see it in person for his birthday, so we went but not on his birthday. (We loved the movie BTW.)

I will say though, we went on a Wednesday at 1230. There was no one in the theater but us. It was the absolute best time we have had in a theater.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-04-25, 19:57

I went to see The Batman and wrote a Scatesian review.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-04-25, 20:14

No plans to go to a movie or concert any time soon, then again I had not attended a movie theater or concert for years before COVID.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-04-25, 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I went to see The Batman and wrote a Scatesian review.

I’m an adjective!

Is that the right word?