User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Question about Good Holster Case-Griffin Elan or Belkin iPhone Holster Case?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Question about Good Holster Case-Griffin Elan or Belkin iPhone Holster Case?
markw10
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2007-06-30, 20:38

I purchased a 8GB iPhone yesterday. I'm used to using a Holster case with my current phone and like it a lot. I like how it protects it well and it's covered so no one can see the phone inside and it's easy to just pull out and use the phone itself without having it in a case. Maybe I will find another non holster style case I like but I really prefer the holster cases.
Two I've looked at are the Griffin Elan Holster Case and the Belkin iPhone holster case. Both are listed on Apple's web site. They were sold out of them at the Apple store though. Are these nice cases or is one better than the other?
Are there any other holster cases or other types of cases I should look at?
nato64

Send a message via AIM to nato64  
2007-07-02, 05:03

I bought the belkin one on launch day and it sucks. We're talking about the belt clip one right? Anyway, its so tight that when you try to tale the iPhone out of the case the entire case slides off your belt. A complete waste of $30.
Miko
Veteran Member

2007-07-02, 08:49

I bought the Griffin Elan Snap-in Case for mine I really like it, it's low profile and allows me to keep the phone in the case to take calls or whatever. I can rotate the belt clip and when horizontal it sits at just the right angle for watching videos. It comes with a micro-fiber cloth and a clear film for the screen, but after seeing the video of the impact testing I really don't think the screen protectors are all that necessary.
mrjinglesusa

2007-07-02, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nato64 View Post
I bought the belkin one on launch day and it sucks. We're talking about the belt clip one right? Anyway, its so tight that when you try to tale the iPhone out of the case the entire case slides off your belt. A complete waste of $30.
I have the exact opposite experience. The case attaches to my belt really well and the iPhone is snug, but is easily removed by pressing up on the mesh bottom and then grabbing the iPhone by the sides. I really like the Belkin case - it looks really nice and holds the iPhone perfectly.