Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Random Thought of the Week!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Random Thought of the Week!
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-10, 21:03

I was scooping out my cat's litter box today. I have the Fresh Step clumping cat litter, so when they piss it clumps into these huge fist sizes nuggets. It got me to thinking.... wouldn't it be cool if someone made kitty litter that was gold coloured? That way, when you're in there with the shit scooper sifting for prizes, when you fish one out, you can pretend like you found gold!

We could call it "Kitty Nuggets". I think it would sell.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-10, 21:03

xionja

2004-08-10, 21:07

Perhaps, like a box of cereal, each bag/box of kitty litter could have a little prize in it.

like a coupon for cat food.
autodata
hustlin

2004-08-10, 21:11

Sounds great. I actually have a kramer idea I'm sitting on. Unfortunately, I know a couple 'early retirees' with money to burn, so I keep entertaining the ridiculous idea that I might actually do it. Hence me not saying what it is. At least it's not ice cream gloves.
Mass Appeal

2004-08-10, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
I was scooping out my cat's litter box today. I have the Fresh Step clumping cat litter, so when they piss it clumps into these huge fist sizes nuggets. It got me to thinking.... wouldn't it be cool if someone made kitty litter that was gold coloured? That way, when you're in there with the shit scooper sifting for prizes, when you fish one out, you can pretend like you found gold!

Put me down for two bags.

I think colored litter would sell well, I know I'm tired of that gray color all the brands seem to have.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-10, 22:02

The name alone makes this thread worthwhile. Kitty Nuggets....

curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-08-10, 23:39

Findings of Catf was going to be my suggestion.
Not enough scotch for it to gel yet.
Doesn't beat Kitty Nuggets... and Dung Safari doesn't have the same cachet.
Hmmmm.....
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-08-10, 23:41

Make the litter chemically show a big X on the 'sand' and call it Poop Pirates. Scoop for Treasure.

Arrrrr!

I reserve the right to be credited as "Cap'n Curiousuburb" if this succeeds.
But I'd settle for a share of the profits as a silent parrrrtner.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-10, 23:54

Better yet, you need a cat box that can use, I dunno, like sonar or some shit to plot out where the "treasures" are in the box. Then, the box can like hook into your network wirelessly and you can login to it through a web browser and it'll show you where the shit is. Then you can print out a map!

This is great, it would be a way to make cleaning the cat box fun for kids! They'll have fun while learning how to be responsible enough to have a pet! AND! We can make the litter change to gold when feces touch it... so it's really like they're getting buried treasure!

And if the kids tries to eat his treasures, well, that's another life lesson learned thanks to Cap'n Kitty's Litter o'er the seven seas, yar!

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
EDS66

2004-08-11, 00:00

Quote:

Hate cats and their excrement.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-08-11, 03:02

Here's a random one.

A couple years ago(2000) the xtrem mac hit the scene, people were talking about this crazy microphone shaped g4 that ran at 1.2 ghz while apple was languishing at 450-500 mhz. (here's an article)

I'm currently running a powerbook that is 1.25 ghz. or 50 mhz. faster than the xtrem mac. It only took me 4 years to catch up.
Barto
Student extraordinaire

2004-08-11, 03:20

The XtremMac company actually ended up selling something: a jumper block with dip switches on the top for overclocking PM G3s.

Barto
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-11, 08:55

Quote:
Better yet, you need a cat box that can use, I dunno, like sonar or some shit to plot out where the "treasures" are in the box. Then, the box can like hook into your network wirelessly and you can login to it through a web browser and it'll show you where the shit is. Then you can print out a map...

I say forget the old skool sonar.

Lets find a way to tap into the NSA's best surveillance satellites. Using advanced Radar-mapping, the satellite could peer right through our rooves and into the kitty box, where upon it would use special sensors to detect the presence of methane rising from the depths of the litter pile. From there a high-tech color map of your litter box (complete with terrain relief) could be made and posted to the Kitty-lite web site... just type in your password and there it is!

What could be better??

...into the light of a dark black night.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-11, 08:59

No, you need to play on the whole panning for gold/forty-niner theme.

Have a cat on the box with a big 1800's moustache and a Wyatt Earp hat, with a pick axe slung over his shoulder, saying "Thar's gold in that thar poop!".

And a rustic, aged logo in wood-looking type:

Gold Rush Litter
Treasure is where you find it!
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-11, 09:37

Do you hear that? It sounds like someone just volunteered to do a mockup of the box!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-11, 09:42

No, I can't draw animals worth a damn. But I CAN see it in my head, and it's an absolutely beautiful design for a box of cat litter. Trust me.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-11, 09:45

Reverend LoCash has heeeeaaaaaaled you! You can now draw cats like some famous ass painter of cats. Chop chop.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-11, 09:59

Just take a random picture of a cat and paste it in. Come on pscates!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-11, 10:02

This will have to do:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gold.jpg (13.8 KB, 14 views)
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-11, 10:06

Why is an octopus speared with a bamboo pole wearing a cowboy hat?

I'm expecting the full colour vector version by close of business
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-11, 10:55

This is all I could do while at work (annoying bosses walking behind me and all, you understand...). Moustache and hat courtesy of Sam Elliot...seriously.

5 minutes, Photoshop and Google image searching (with frequent window collapsing and nosy, intrusive co-workers putting the kibbosh on anything nicer and more refined). I do what I can...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gold2.jpg (18.9 KB, 13 views)
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-08-11, 11:04

You're amazing, pscates!
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-11, 17:11

I'd of tossed in an "As Seen on TV" icon too Nice work. My groin feels all tingly now... like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.