AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

The Obligatory 2004 NHL Playoffs Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The Obligatory 2004 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 of 4 [1] 2 3 4  Next Thread Tools
Willoughby

2004-05-16, 08:29

Keith Primeau ownz j00

Did anyone else notice that 3 out of 4 teams in the playoffs have very low salaries? Hmmm maybe that salary cap isn't needed afterall.....
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-16, 09:26

Primeau is really carrying that team right now. If he goes down (his noodle isn't in top shape from the concussion) so goes Philly. If not, Philly has a shot at the Cup, which as a Leafs fan, sickens me to my very core. I still think the Bolts will take it.
Willoughby

2004-05-16, 10:15

Clearly game 5 is going to be HUGE. If the Flyers can win I think they can take the series in 6. If they lose I'm sure they'll put everything they have in to game 6 to even it up. But going back to Tampa Bay in Game 7 is going to be the biggest challenge they've faced this whole year. That'll be scary.

So of course I hope we win Tuesday and Thursday
Willoughby

2004-05-16, 10:16

Oh and shouldn't this be in AppleOutsider?
HoTT RoDeR

Send a message via AIM to HoTT RoDeR  
2004-05-16, 16:11

I was and still am a diehard hockey fan although I haven't payed attention the past 2 years...

Why? When? And for who were Paul karia and Selane traded to San Jose?

"Experience is the worst teacher in life. It gives the test before presenting the lesson."
HoTT RoDeR

2004-05-16, 16:11

Who do you think will win the cup this year of some of the better playoff hockey I have seen?
HoTT RoDeR

2004-05-16, 16:13

I have been watching the Flyers and they are a F*cking tuff team. Excuse my language. I think it'll be them and Calgary for sure.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-05-16, 16:44

after a scoreless first period, SJ now leads Calgary 4-1 at the end of the 2nd
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-16, 21:35

This thread is need of a serious dose of Moogs.

Looks like both series could go 7. Whoever makes it to the Cup final is going to be whopped. Look for a clutchy-grabby final. If Philly makes they'll turn the goon-factor up to 11.
Cam'Ron

Send a message via MSN to Cam'Ron  
2004-05-16, 22:29

Flames all the way baby!
HoTT RoDeR

2004-05-16, 22:43

Yah it would be nice for a Canadian team to win it for once.
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2004-05-17, 12:39

The Obligatory NHL Sucks Post
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-18, 06:06

Oh dear God! Flames win 3-0. One win away from the Cup final.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-19, 22:22

Six minutes till the Flames go for the CUP!
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-05-19, 22:37

That empty netter at the last millisecond sure sums up how the Sharks must feel right now.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-05-20, 09:32

Holy Jumpin! If I am not mistaken, the Flames have just finished off the rest of the west by beating the numbers 1, 2 and 3 seeds in the conference. THAT is a amazing. And if they happen to get Tampa Bay (I have mixed emotions about that series... as a Pens fan one must never root for Philly, but by the same token, they're just not as detestable as they used to be)... they would be playing the #1 seed in the east as well.

I love how Iginla just ignored all the superstition stuff, grabbed the trophy and marched right into the locker room. Gotta love the guy for his heart and attitude, not just his skills.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-20, 09:41

Iginla just cemented himself as the best player in the NHL. HE had done it in the regular season but now that he's proven to be clutch...best player by far.

-Good to see ya Moogs
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-05-20, 10:40

Yep, the Flames have beaten all 3 Western Division Champs to get the finals. Pretty remarkable.

The scene in Calgary was unbelievable last night. My best friend's bro was at the game and didn't get home until just before he had to go to work. 20,000 people crowded 17th Ave partying all night.

Cool to see the city getting behind the team like that. And from what I'm seeing in the news, the whole country is getting in on it. First Canadian team in 10 bloody years to make it to the finals.

Good time to be a hockey fan, and an even better time to be a Flames fan.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2004-05-20, 19:08

I have got to admit that I never picked the Flames to go anywhere this year. Wow. And I am not sure that they are just playing on heart. I think now that this is a team that could have legs in the future season. I guess I gotta pay more attention in the future.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-20, 19:12

Holy Crap! I forgot the Flyer game was on. Go Bolts!
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-05-20, 19:21

2-1 Philly after one.

Regarding Calgary, I am quite happy for the fans there. They know what being a real fan is about (same as those in Edmonton and to a lesser extent Vancouver).

And now for something completely different, I'm going to go try and get a few snapshots of some "bolts" as a big storm is rolling in as I type this. Better get out there before it gets too close.

...into the light of a dark black night.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-20, 20:00

3-2 Philly Second Period. fuck. No Matter, they can't win the way Esche is playing. Dude is giving up some juicy ass rebounds. And they all seem to end up going right through the slot. Sooner or later someone will pounce on one.

Storm cometh here as well. It must be a sign. Bolts in 6!
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-20, 20:05

Thunder rolls across the GTA and second later the Bolts tie it. Coincidence??? Me thinks not!
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-20, 21:57

Flyers won. Crud. I hate the Flyers.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-05-20, 22:05

It may appear as though Primeau's four points, along with his relentless battling won the game for Philly, but really it was Handzus' mullet. The man is powerful.

I was glad to see it go into OT and Philly win at home; it's always a blast to watch fans go nuts on what could be the last game of the year. Game seven will be close I hope. Either team deserves a W at this point, not that I'm a Philly fan but I have to give them some credit. They're not nearly as goonish as they used to be.

InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-20, 22:12

Yeah, I guess the Flyers aren't as goontacular as they once were. Sill hoping for a Bolts/Flames final.

When I first turned the game on the Sea of Orange looked like empty seates. I thought their fans had given up on them. Poor misguided Philly fans. A sea of orange just isn't cool.
Willoughby

2004-05-20, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan
Poor misguided Philly fans. A sea of orange just isn't cool.
No way! The "orange crush" was awesome!

Man I think that game gave me an ulcer! I'm so glad we're going to game 7. With 2 minutes left in the 3rd period I thought it was all over, I could already see the lineup for the handshake.....wow.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-05-21, 10:53

No doubt. That Primeau goal was clutch. I thought they were toast at the two minute mark. As for the orange crush, I also fall prey to the illusion that they are thousands of empty seats but it would be cool to have the Red Sea vs. Orange Crush for the Finals.

Philly fans are usually pretty awful in just about any sport. They'll boo their own mothers if given the chance. But this year they seem to be a bit more enthusiastic than in playoff years past. I think once a team gets past the first couple rounds, Philly fans are like:

Ralph: "Yah, so Pawly... you thinks da Flyahs ah for real dis year?"

Paul: "Yo."

Willoughby

2004-05-21, 22:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
Ralph: "Yah, so Pawly... you thinks da Flyahs ah for real dis year?"

Paul: "Yo."

It's funny cause it's true!

But also it's sad, so very very sad Why do I live around such neanderthals?
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-05-22, 08:31

"Ayy... you know... I takes offense ta dat types a langwidge! Dis is tha city of bruthily luv. Ya cants just go around coysin da backbone a dis city. Next thing you'll be insultin cheese-steyks! Apologizes or I'm gonna pay a visit to ya mutha."