User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!
Page 10 of 14 First Previous 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  Next Thread Tools
Atariboy

2013-05-11, 09:39

Hey guys, need a little help.

I followed the instructions on page 1, but get this error whenever I try to join:

http://i.imgur.com/riSQZtC.png

Any ideas?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-05-11, 10:52

Since you downloaded the current version it's not compatible with our version. We are still on the older version for most of those. Here is my mods folder that you can use to fix the mod issues. Give that a try and let us know if you need different files too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-05-12, 22:12

Turtle, I tried doing what you suggested with your mod folder, But I ran into other issues as well.
Atari, I will upload my folder for feed the beast tomorrow and send you a link so you can download it
Just make sure that when it prompts you to update you tell it no
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-05-12, 23:30

You don't need to bugger about with your folders! On the FTB launcher, there's a drop down that says "recommended" - drop that menu down and select 5.1.1 instead.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-05-13, 05:11

Well, sure, if you want to do it the easy way...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-05-21, 20:25

So when should we be upgrading to the newest version? At this point I'm thinking we just do the latest upgrade and then we can update all the client versions too.

Anyone actually keeping up with this stuff online? I can do it pretty much however it needs to be done. Then maybe we can have a more pleasing Nether too.

Edit: Guess updating isn't going to do too much yet. Anyone else actually look more into this stuff?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-05-21, 22:46

Soo... It's all about Redpower2. The developer has a real job too, so keeps getting pulled away. I dunno; there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but maybe a version update will require...whisper it....
Spoiler (click to toggle):
a map reset.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-05-22, 00:21

BUT I JUST SETTLED A NEW VILLAGE!!!!!

okay, whatever

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-05-22, 01:55

Keeping up with it - there's TONS of new stuff coming, but still being tested by Dire and his crew with Forgecraft. Eloraan has been swamped and unable to work on RP2, as Bryson mentioned. That's the last major update they're awaiting.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
¡Damned!

2013-05-22, 12:59

Ugh... I still have so much to do!!! Glarb.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-05-22, 14:15

I neglected to fence in and protect my first village and all of the villagers were killed by mobs.

So Dellphi found me a 2nd village, which I've fenced in and lit up.

I found a house with a guy inside who makes pages and he had one on a lectern.

The wiki says that they can help you make "ages", but what the hell does that mean?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-05-22, 14:56

I think that's a MystCraft thing. I haven't delved into the Myst stuff at all, but I recently found myself in Dellphi's house via portal and checked out the lectern interface and whatnot. It was fucking confusing. I could see myself getting into it being a huge Myst fan and all, but holy gods. I'd definitely need to search out a tutorial before-hand.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-05-22, 19:53

So then we hold with what we have now and enjoy it until the updates are out. At that point another map reset might be needed? Joy.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-05-22, 21:43

Yes, ages are Mystcraft. Mystcraft allows you to create other worlds, or ages, to warp to. I'd suggest finding tutorials on it, as age-writing isn't always a simple mechanic. Things need to go in certain orders, or at least every detail of the new age (as in type of sun, moon, and stars, color of sky, weather patterns, biome patterns working together, etc) needs to be included, or it will be randomized, which can cause the age to have instability. Instability may be as simple as an always-present bad status effect, or parts of the world may be overrun by a black or white block that eats everything until the world ceases to exist.

¡Damned!

2013-05-22, 23:12

That sounds exhausting.

I still love the days of "This is a block!" "Mine that block!" "Now you has a block!!!"

Ah, well. Progress.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-05-23, 00:07

I'm still at the block, block, block stage.

All of my complicated thinking is devoted toward a website redesign right now

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-05-23, 10:04

I want to play Minecraft, but its a bit empty whenever I logon... It isn't much fun dicking around with magics when no one is on to hear you curse the wisps...
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-05-23, 13:12

I'd love to be able to get on. Hope I'm able to get a new computer next week.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2013-05-26, 19:06

Finally got on a bit yesterday to build one of my bridges between peaks. Lots of micro-block fun on that one.

The potential map reset pretty much puts a damper on any big things I want to do, kind of like on the last 5 maps.

Guess I'll have to save that stuff for SSP.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-05-26, 23:56

Why *must* we do a map reset? Why not just trim the map down, and move operations to newly generated chunks?
arteggio

2013-06-03, 21:35

I was going to look around after a long hiatus, but I get a 'mods and versions' error that lists a bunch of mods I aparently don't have. I think the server's are older than the installed ones, such as OmniTools 3.0.2.0 vs the 3.0.4 listed in the Mods window when the launcher's fired up.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-06-04, 11:08

Art, try scrolling down in the launcher to an older version of the Direwolf20 pack. It was updated this past week, but the server wasn't.
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-06-08, 17:01

No go on colored wool from soul-shard based spawners (only white and black are spawned)... but minium stones can be used to change the color of the wool... i've left a tier 5 spawner in the sheep farm...
¡Damned!

2013-06-25, 13:25

Are we still looking at a map reset in the near future? I know time marches on and all, but just the mention of it makes me (and others, apparently) shy off of starting a nice, big build. I'd love it if we could keep this world and maybe start a whole new land 20000 blocks away or so that's only accessible via a Nether railway, but I don't know the implications of what's "coming" and how it might affect the current builds.

I have some time off coming up soon and wouldn't mind getting back in there, so I just thought I'd ask if anyone had any info.

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-06-26, 01:44

I wouldn't think we'd look at a map reset until 1.6 drops, whether we stay with FTB/modpacks or jump back to vanilla. Most all of the modders are already stabilizing versions on the snapshots for 1.6, which is supposed to be released pretty soon here, so waiting for that no matter which way we go would be a logical step. The next major update from the Direwolf20 pack (for 1.5.2) is coming in 2 weeks or so, now that Eloraan has time to finish updating RedPower 2. Looking forward to when the modpack update drops - the addition of Tinker's Construct (use different materials for different parts of tools/weapons, each giving different effects/durability, etc., but they never actually break) alone is epic.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-06-26, 20:47

I think RowdyScot hit the nail on the head. We're on such an ancient version of Direwolf, I don't think there's much sense in updating just before another major release drops. Might as well wait for 1.6.

Hell, I might find myself back on the server when that upgrade happens. I haven't been playing Minecraft in any form for the past couple of months until this past weekend when I decided to take the old Skyblock challenge again on single-player.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-06-26, 21:44

I've been watching tons of Let's Plays since my computer overheats when I play MC. Not really sure what to do about a new computer. Thought I'd nailed down a new job, but the whole thing kinda fell through for other reasons. :/

Last edited by RowdyScot : 2013-06-26 at 21:45. Reason: Thought might benefit from having its latter "t"
¡Damned!

2013-06-27, 00:38

Could we just update this world and move to another far-away spot like we did before? For example, the Mooshroom biome may be a fun way to start a new world* outside of the old, while we wipe the Nether (because quartz) and build a high-speed rail down there between old and new spawn. Dunno how much the new stuff may break the old world, but if not, I'd like it if we just settled further out and left our other builds intact.

The Mooshroom island is about 21500 blocks out from the current spawn, and I'm sure that I'm the only one that's been there. I haven't been off the island, so anything outside would be fresh with whatever blocks may update with the new build.

I just kind've hate resets, obviously. If we could have the best of both worlds that would be awesome.

* Having an island setup as home-base where we would be free from baddies might spur a lot of development. I know I wouldn't be spending each night in a treetop so much as I'd be building city stuff at night. Plus, not having to look over my shoulder for dark spots and surprise creepers would give me (and others, I'll bet) a lot of leeway to just keep building throughout the day/night cycle. Off-island exploration and building would be that much more exciting too. My 2¢ anyways.

** Also, what would be great about building on a Mooshroom isle is that we wouldn't have to have hundreds of torches littering the landscape. We could just build roads and pathways with as many streetlight as we liked (if at all), not as many as we needed based on light source spread to just keep baddies from spawning. The more I think about it, the more I like it, for a home-base at least. A good, safe place for MC n00bs to join with us as well.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-06-27 at 01:04.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-06-27, 00:59

Depends on a few things. I'm not sure if 1.6 will require new world gen overall, but I'm pretty certain some of the mods in newer Direwolf20 updates will. Natura and BAP being the primary two. I'm not 100% on that, but I seem to remember Dire explaining that as being the reason they split off one of the Forgecraft servers that got the newest updates.

billybobsky
BANNED

2013-06-27, 03:19

The other possibility is to regen this world with the same key and copy over whatever people want to have copied over...