User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

My turn with iPhone problems(?)!!! Not picking up incoming calls.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
My turn with iPhone problems(?)!!! Not picking up incoming calls.
Quagmire
meh

2009-06-17, 15:54

I upgraded my 3G to 3.0 and then did the tethering hack via the ipcc file and updating it via iTunes. It did break visual voicemail, but I fixed it and is working. But, my iPhone has now seems to be picky on what phone call it wants to tell me I am receiving. Sometimes it will work consecutively and tell me every time I call it. Others it won't tell me I am calling it and the calling phone will ring and ring until it goes to voicemail. Could it be that I am in the same house and in the same room could be effecting it? I have heard Verizon phones( using my mom's cell phone) don't like to play nice with other carriers..... What could be the issue?

giggity
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-06-17, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
I upgraded my 3G to 3.0 and then did the tethering hack via the ipcc file and updating it via iTunes.
Quote:
It did break visual voicemail, but I fixed it and is working.
Quote:
What could be the issue?
Gonna go out on an enormous limb here...do you think there's a connection between the first quote above and the third one? Does the second one point to some sort of "maybe" (it broke something else, so why not incoming calls and their recognition?

I don't think that's too "far out" a leap.

I don't know. But this is why I don't screw around with all that stuff. I've got enough problems doing things the right way...I don't need to go and get cute, and invite more trouble.
Quagmire
meh

2009-06-17, 16:17

And that is why I am restoring it right now to see.
Quagmire
meh

2009-06-17, 18:42

Yeah, it had to be the method I used. I went back to the original IPCC file and it fixed the problem and used a different method to get tethering.

giggity
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-06-17, 22:42

My wife's 3G failed to restore voicemail after doing this update too. I really don't want to restore because of the time factor, but I guess I have little choice.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Quagmire
meh

2009-06-17, 23:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
My wife's 3G failed to restore voicemail after doing this update too. I really don't want to restore because of the time factor, but I guess I have little choice.
You don't have to. Option-Restore->name->Library-> iTunes-> iPhone Carrier Support-> to the IPCC file that is in there. It will set the settings to what it was before. That is how I fixed my problem.

giggity
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-06-17, 23:15

Oh well. Thanks...I've already restored it.

I'll use the other link posted and try it.