Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Lost 2010
Page 1 of 10 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2010-01-15, 04:54

Starts up in a few weeks and I didn't see a thread for the final season of the show. (when I searched the Lost 2009 thread came up before anything else so I figured i wasn't missing anything).

I need to go back and watch some of last season to get caught up, but I thought I would get the ball rolling with this interesting tidbit:

I met some friends in New Orleans for lunch at a little café in the french quarter called Café Fleur de Lis and as we were finishing up our meal none other than Harold Perrineau sits down at the table across from me. For those who don't know, he's the actor that plays Michael, Walt's father. Anyway, as we were walking out I finally mustered up the courage to ask him about Lost (of course), and had a very brief conversation with him that consisted of basically the following:

Me: "Excuse me, are you Harold Perrineau?"
Harold: "Why yes I am"
Me: "Wow, awesome! So is the end to Lost any good?" **I didn't want it ruined for me...
Harold: "Actually I don't even know, I'm leaving soon to go shoot"
Me: "Oh, cool, well good luck! Awesome running into you!"
Harold: "Haha yeah, have a good one"

I'm still shooting myself for not questioning him further but in my defense I had a lot going against me. I was fairly starstruck (not everyday you run into a cast member from your favorite TV show) and flabbergasted, my friends had all left the café already because they didn't believe that it was actually someone famous, and I had to get on my way driving from Houston to Charlottesville(which, by the way, was a success). As for pictures, I didn't want to impose so I settled for my brother taking a candid shot from his phone before I got the nerve to talk to him, and I'll post that later (I'm sleepy).

Anyway, so what this means:

a. he was just feeding me random stuff for whatever reason
b. he was telling the truth

b is much more interesting, because we could assume that the character of Michael WILL be showing up in the later part of the season as the entire series comes to a close, and perhaps has an integral part in it. I'll join in on some discussion later after I get some sleep (on the road for 22 hours... woo!) but I just wanted to get the ball rolling
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2010-01-15, 07:57

I think they will bring back *everyone* at some point during the season.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2010-01-15, 08:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
I think they will bring back *everyone* at some point during the season.
The season six poster has everyone on it. I'm sure, at the very least, there will be 'flashback' type stuff to give other meaning to things. I wouldn't be suprised at all if Jacob had interactions with a lot more people than we saw in the season finale.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2010-01-15, 09:18

Damn you for creating a thread that made me think it's started already.
Noel

2010-01-15, 09:51

My girlfriend and I have been rewatching all of the past seasons in preparation for the final season. We're mid-way through season 3 now, but I'm worried I won't quite make it, since I have a really intense semester starting next Wednesday. I'm amazed how many of the little details I've forgotten from the early seasons!
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2010-01-15, 09:53

I just started watching from the very beginning a few weeks ago. There's no way in hell I'm going to finish 5 seasons by the time the last season comes on, so I'm going to be avoiding this thread like the plague.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
stratotom

2010-01-15, 09:57

There really is a lot to wrap up in S06. I remember hearing an interview with Damon&Carlton about the 'answers', and they mentioned that some potential questions were not going to be tackled, they were just there for whichever episode they were in. I really can't think if they gave any examples, but I don't think it was anything really major.

Next bit isn't really a spoiler... Just my thoughts on one very obvious theory. But I'll be safe.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
They also said they didn't want the fans to feel cheated by the ending, so I'm pretty excited to see what they have in store (I'm guessing by that comment that it won't be a massive reset "It never happened scenario" after the bomb).

I really can't wait.
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2010-01-15, 10:19

I got caught up through S5 a few weeks ago, after watching S1-4 in the last few months, so I'm totally prepared for whatever is about to happen.
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2010-01-30, 08:58

Leaked first few minutes of season 6:

http://www.nerdist.com/2010/01/leake...lost-season-6/

enjoy folks
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2010-01-30, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKrzyzewski View Post
Leaked first few minutes of season 6:

http://www.nerdist.com/2010/01/leake...lost-season-6/

enjoy folks
The promo bit at the end suggests this "leak" was rather deliberate…
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2010-01-30, 13:02

I'm not happy, I have to work on the nights Lost airs.
Iago

2010-01-30, 13:08

Is anyone here just watching it because they reached a tipping point with the amount of time they invested it? I watched the first season and then when I heard they renewed at the end of the second I didn't bother watching, I figured they'd just drag it out for as long as possible. But I know a lot of people who got to the end of the second season and felt like they'd just invested too much time in it to give up without answers. Quite ingenious, really.

I'm Joseph Fritzl, and no windows was my idea.
chucker

2010-01-30, 13:12

The first season mostly just sets up a premise. There's very little in it in the way of WTF moments. The second season starts off very differently, to the point where you might think you're watching the wrong channel.

Lost is definitely a series you either watch completely or not at all — it's a long narrative. I wouldn't call it dragged out, though.
Iago

2010-01-30, 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Lost is definitely a series you either watch completely or not at all — it's a long narrative. I wouldn't call it dragged out, though.
Well the writers originally planned to wrap up in five seasons, so it's already been artificially extended somewhere along the line. I guess it doesn't move with the same speed as some other shows so it can seem like what would be a filler episode on, say, 24 (the ones you inevitably get around Hour 15/16 when everything falls apart and Jack angrily concludes "That was our last lead and we've lost it!")

chucker

2010-01-30, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iago View Post
Well the writers originally planned to wrap up in five seasons, so it's already been artificially extended somewhere along the line. I guess it doesn't move with the same speed as some other shows so it can seem like what would be a filler episode on, say, 24 (the ones you inevitably get around Hour 15/16 when everything falls apart and Jack angrily concludes "That was our last lead and we've lost it!")
Honestly, I prefer that over the far-too-often "crap, show's canceled, let's wrap up every arc ever in these five final episodes". Dollhouse, for instance. *sigh*
Iago

2010-01-30, 14:33

Quote:
Honestly, I prefer that over the far-too-often "crap, show's canceled, let's wrap up every arc ever in these five final episodes". Dollhouse, for instance. *sigh*
Very true. Also I forgot that Lost would have been disrupted by the writer's strike, so presumably one season was curtailed earlier than planned. I occasionally wish they'd axe some of my favourite shows, though. The Office has had some exquisite moments, but they've cut it back from its original runtime of 30 minutes to just over 20 minutes, and the writers are horribly constrained by it.

chucker

2010-01-30, 14:39

Quote:
Also I forgot that Lost would have been disrupted by the writer's strike, so presumably one season was curtailed earlier than planned.
Well, it seems that only caused a shift, not an additional season:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(T...eason_synopses

Quote:
Season 4 was planned [..] to feature 16 episodes[..]. Due to the writers' strike, the season instead lasted only 14 episodes, consisting of the 8 pre-strike episodes already filmed and aired and 6 post-strike episodes.
Quote:
Due to the writers' strike, the fourth season featured 14 episodes, and Season 5 had 17 episodes. Season 6 was planned to have 17 episodes, too.[11] However, on June 29 it was announced that the final season will feature an additional hour, making the number of episodes 18.
Quote:
I occasionally wish they'd axe some of my favourite shows, though. The Office has had some exquisite moments, but they've cut it back from its original runtime of 30 minutes to just over 20 minutes, and the writers are horribly constrained by it.
I couldn't stand watching The Office any more in early season 5. Maybe I'll try again at some point, but it seems to have lost its humor — all that's left, it seems, is Michael Scott being awkward. Which isn't in itself funny.
Iago

2010-01-30, 16:36

Quote:
I couldn't stand watching The Office any more in early season 5. Maybe I'll try again at some point, but it seems to have lost its humor — all that's left, it seems, is Michael Scott being awkward. Which isn't in itself funny.
Tell me about it. He started to be such a dick that it just became implausible that anyone would put up with him. In early seasons he was at least loveably incompetent.

adamb
Formerly “adambrennan”

2010-01-30, 18:13

Quote:
Is anyone here just watching it because they reached a tipping point with the amount of time they invested it?
Yea that's me... and the same thing almost happened with Heroes but luckily it became totally unwatchable.
Quote:
Dollhouse
Oh I forgot the finale was out today
Partial
Stallion

2010-02-02, 18:45

Live together Die Alone.

Because destiny, John, is a fickle bitch.

Last edited by Partial : 2010-02-02 at 19:09.
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2010-02-02, 20:24

OMG. I almost f*cking forgot tonight!!!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2010-02-02, 21:12

It's FREAKING me out!!

IT'S STILL FREAKING ME OUT!!

Last edited by drewprops : 2010-02-02 at 21:29. Reason: Freaking Out
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-02-02, 21:36

3 hours is a long time. I would fall asleep on my couch.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2010-02-02, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Not if I was FREAKING OUT beside you!!!

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2010-02-02, 21:39

two parallel (sort of, but not really) time lines which I imagine collapse at some point...
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-02-02, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Not if I was FREAKING OUT beside you!!!

Hahah, I suppose not. All of my coworkers are big fans but I guess not big enough. They all said it would have to wait until the weekend because 3 hrs is too long for a work night. Haha

User formally known as Sh0eWax
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2010-02-02, 21:51

ll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post

The first hour is just recap.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2010-02-02, 21:54

how deus ex... smoke monster = man in black...

also they are pushing the save a life-lose a life yin-yang as if such moralistic accounting is actually relevant...

Last edited by billybobsky : 2010-02-02 at 23:02.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-02-03, 00:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
ll

The first hour is just recap.
Although that's true, I know that a lot of people who follow Lost feel it is complicated enough that the recap is compulsory watching, after the off season. Note that I'm just repeating what I was told, nO firsthand experience, any comments?

Last edited by Maciej : 2010-02-03 at 01:03.
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2010-02-03, 00:28

nothing is irreversible.