AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: In Game Games

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: In Game Games
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-08-20, 00:35

I have hidden a block of tnt somewhere in bridgeport in plain sight (ie not buried nor built around). If you find it, report its location below and hide it again, giving some indication where people might focus their attention be it geographic locations (ie Bridgeport) or perhaps a hint as to the types of areas people might search (ie Religious monuments or houses).

Rules (perhaps to be expanded as the game continues):

Hiding must not disrupt any existing structures, nor predictably result in the accidental or otherwise ignition of the tnt block.

TNT block must be in plain sight and placed without moving blocks around its location -- it is entirely reasonable to build up a scaffold to place the tnt block on the underside of the skyranch, but it is not reasonable to break open the skyranch to do such.

I will give you until Monday to find the hidden tnt and then i will move it and the game (for me anyway) starts anew.

Have fun.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-08-20, 00:38

For clarification, for the sake of searching, is Skyranch considered part of BP? I assume not, but want to make sure.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-08-20, 01:19

Also, does "somewhere in Bridgeport" include the myriad tunnels and mines beneath it?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-08-20, 01:41

Scratch that. The answer to my question is no. I'll give others a chance to find it too.

Protip: The creeper's head doesn't count.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-08-20, 08:39

Skyranch is not in BP and I think unless tunnels are part of a project ala 709's temple complex or the tunnels running between the mob traps, I don't think they should be open areas for hiding... (too much embarrassing laundry down there, you know).

Oh yeah, Creeper head does not count.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-08-20, 23:49

I like the Creeper head.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-08-21, 01:54

Nothing wrong with the creeper head! It made a sweet crater in the alternate universe.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-08-21, 07:22

In addition to Bruce's dynamite, I have added a block of dirt in BP. If you find it I will reward you with 5 blocks of Marzipan. Please, don't try to fool me - I have marked this block.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-08-21, 11:56

So now I have to find a block of dirt and TNT? Man...

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-08-22, 22:47

Well that certainly didn't go as planned....

So it was in the bell tower, where the bell might have been if it were functional...

And so the game dies in a whimper...
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2011-08-22, 23:11

How does one enter the bell tower?
¡Damned!

2011-08-22, 23:14

Bryson's library is considered to be in BP? I think we need to get a zoning commission together. I never would've thought to look that far S.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-08-22, 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Bryson's library is considered to be in BP? I think we need to get a zoning commission together. I never would've thought to look that far S.
It was in the bell tower in east Bridgeport. Near the gherkin, art museum, and gifted school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artap99 View Post
How does one enter the bell tower?
Consider the hint B gave about it being fair-game to build scaffolding to reach it.

That said, since I found it and realized it was hard to reach and since the bell tower was my structure, I decided to add a secret underground entrance to the tower. Hint: it's located in one of the nearby buildings also "in plain sight". This was my plan all along (thus the iron door), but I originally put it off and never got back to it until this weekend.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-08-22, 23:37

I did look for it, but didn't head to the top of the bell tower. I love the idea of the game still. Maybe a tighter radius would have made it easier.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2011-08-23, 00:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
That said, since I found it and realized it was hard to reach and since the bell tower was my structure, I decided to add a secret underground entrance to the tower. Hint: it's located in one of the nearby buildings also "in plain sight". This was my plan all along (thus the iron door), but I originally put it off and never got back to it until this weekend.
Ah. I was always curious what that was for before. I put an addition on it for you.