Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Donald J Trump Year Four : Impeachment Pandemic Boogaloo

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Donald J Trump Year Four : Impeachment Pandemic Boogaloo
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2020-03-11, 18:46

The pivot is coming any day now. This crisis for sure.

Last edited by 709 : 2020-03-11 at 19:33.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2020-03-11, 20:48

Christ, I thought he was going to have a stroke on live TV.

OT, but Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson tested positive. Hospitalised on Gold Coast in Oz. Hopefully just for observation and not because of serious illness.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-11, 23:25

I will be monitoring this thread, but will not be taking part. I'm just too fed up with finger-pointing politics. All it does is divide us. You kids have fun; keep the name-calling to a minimum; say what you want; cuss and swear if you need to get it out.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2020-03-12, 14:17

Ken is a doody-head.

Ok, Think I'm good now.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-12, 14:19

Dr. Bobsky

2020-03-12, 17:27

None of the world leading fuckers are doing their job. Each has made extreme missteps in the lead up to this pandemic. Trump believed Xi had the virus under control and did nothing to prevent its spread to the US...
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2020-03-13, 02:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
None of the world leading fuckers are doing their job. Each has made extreme missteps in the lead up to this pandemic. Trump believed Xi had the virus under control and did nothing to prevent its spread to the US...
Our Home Affairs minister has just tested positive after returning from a 5 eyes meeting in the US. Our Foreign Minister was there at the same time. Don't know if she was at that meeting. (news just broke and they had a lengthy cabinet meeting since he got back so everybody's focused on whether the entire cabinet+ have to be quarantine ATM)

But our Foreign Minister met with Pompeo on the 11th, US time.

Contact tracing can be fun!
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2020-03-13, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
They are doing what their corporate overlords are telling them to do, put the economy first. People can be replaced, shareholders anger, that's much worse.
!Marc!

2020-03-20, 13:21

Ok. Not interested in political clown thread.

Last edited by !Marc! : 2020-03-20 at 16:19.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-03-20, 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Marc! View Post
Hello

Some might know me

I'm living in Sweden now.

I read alot. I am safe and prepared.

The banks went bankrupt again. 10times worse than last time.

SarsCov2 is a bio weapon released to justify martial law while unbelievably huge bank bailouts occur.

It is not the cause of the collapse, but a diversion and cover to stop revolt against the bailouts.

It has function gain to genetically target old white men with pre existing medical conditions, but is not a perfect technology.

You almost certainly won't die if you are young and healthy.

It will be worse than the great depression.

Get your shit together quick.

Bye
You know, I'm not saying you are wrong or anything, but you really need to provide a bit more detail if you want more of us to follow a conspiracy theory. I know governments and officials have been known to do horrible things, but this is a pretty far stretch if you asked me.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-20, 13:58

!Marc!: Thanks for popping in after so long. Glad to see your "face" around.

However, we are trying to keep the death-virus discussion apolitical, so your post has been moved over here with the other politically related comments regarding the viral outbreak. In here, you can knock yourself out!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-03-25, 16:17

I just got this from AAFES:
Quote:
Studies show that paper money and coins can harbor bacteria and viruses long after they change hands. We are asking Exchange shoppers to help in the fight against the transmission of COVID-19 through increased reliance on bank-issued credit and debit, MILITARY STAR® or gift cards instead of cash. Please note that cash-back and check-cashing transactions may be unavailable during this time.

While some Exchanges may transition to a card-only environment as local needs dictate, we ask that shoppers minimize the use of cash regardless of location. Customers in need of cash transactions or services can contact their local Exchange to inquire about the status of such transactions at their nearest location.
I never thought about a push to use debit/credit cards. I wonder if this will actually make a difference? I'm sure in some small way... but enough to basically dictate service members and vets use a card instead? I guess all policies can go out the window in an emergency.

I go back to a Franklin quote.
Quote:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2020-03-25, 18:15

Liberty/freedom doesn’t mean doing whatever you want, at the expense of others. If acting out what you consider your liberty, and that destroys another persons liberty, that makes you no better than a dictator.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-25, 21:58

Anything overtly political is getting moved over here.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2020-03-26, 04:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Anything overtly political is getting moved over here.
Why does your title not sparkle anymore? Covid-19?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-03-26, 09:38

I noticed that too. No bling in the name.

So I really have a problem with privacy going out the window because of a sickness. How likely is the government going to rescind the power they gain? Once it is gone we (citizens) will likely never get it back.

Sure I want no one ever to get sick and possibly die, but I don't think giving up our essential liberties and freedoms in the name of safety is the real answer. It's knee jerk and power grabbing while the grabbing is good. Hasn't anyone watch Palpatine take control of the senate and the Empire?

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-26, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ω_ View Post
Why does your title not sparkle anymore? Covid-19?
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I give my thanks to Brad for his little prank on that one. I wanted red, he gave me sparkles, but I'm not really a sparkles kind of guy. So I found the nuke switch and undid the funness that Brad gave me out of love and kindness.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2020-03-26, 19:05

Quote:

So I really have a problem with privacy going out the window because of a sickness. How likely is the government going to rescind the power they gain? Once it is gone we (citizens) will likely never get it back.

Sure I want no one ever to get sick and possibly die, but I don't think giving up our essential liberties and freedoms in the name of safety is the real answer. It's knee jerk and power grabbing while the grabbing is good. Hasn't anyone watch Palpatine take control of the senate and the Empire?
I haven't been paying much attention to US politics lately, it so bad that it just gets boring after a while, is it really going that far? Given the US leaderships governing style it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the guy tries to use it as an excuse to make himself president for life or something.

I mean some people do seem to have comprehension problems understanding what quarantine means, so tracking those who disregard it repeatedly is somewhat reasonable. These orders come from our health offers (health experts who are not elected), not politicians though, so it is somewhat different here. I know our government in Canada tried to pull something earlier this week, in regard to what was essentially a power play, and the opposition parties shut them down faster than you can say boo. Then again, our government has yet to declare a federal state of emergency, because they don't feel it isn't needed at this point.
Dr. Bobsky

2020-03-26, 19:25

Quote:
I just got this from AAFES:

I never thought about a push to use debit/credit cards. I wonder if this will actually make a difference? I'm sure in some small way... but enough to basically dictate service members and vets use a card instead? I guess all policies can go out the window in an emergency.

I go back to a Franklin quote.
You can demand that Congress prevent banks from selling or retaining non-anonymized information concerning your purchases. This is less about the government than about corporations abusing their your data. So much for Warren being the Democratic nominee as I think her standards here were the correct ones...

There's no liberty associated with making purchases in cash -- this isn't a foundational right in the US. Money printing wasn't even really centralized until the 1860s, and even then the Federal Reserve bank is only just over a century old.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-03-26, 19:57

The Washington Post is one article about it. The news of this concept hasn't been exactly hidden in our media. I don't see it getting as much of an uproar as it should, but at least Snowden was publicly quoted talking about it. I didn't watch the whole thing but generally he has the same idea I was referring too. c|net sums it up here.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2020-03-26, 21:29

I can see the long term implications of that type of system, although I do wonder if they haven't be doing it already, just not legally. Just another reason not to bog your life down with to many of these IOT devices that give them such information.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-03-26, 21:34

Given Prism and such that we now know about it is highly unlikely there isn't already something out there that Big Brother is doing to watch us. I just don't want them to do it, or have permission to do it.

I finally heard the term for what I am; risk adverse. I never thought of it that way but I am and it fits when it comes to my privacy and that of my family. Once the information is out there you have no way of getting it back no matter what GDPR or similar policy dictates.

_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2020-04-14, 05:13

Nothing about todays meltdown at the pulpit?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-04-14, 08:11

Too tired of them.
The Governors will make their own decisions.
The Constitution will be tested by Trump.
So tired.

Dr. Bobsky

2020-04-14, 11:53

Poor Trump
Fat in his rump
Only wanting a warm blank-y and his bed
And in his orange head
Thoughts that he sighs
"I am the world, and the world is I"
If only those mean gov'ners would let
Me lead, I'll win my bet
'I'm the best that's ever been'
And yet not a care was seen
Not by the gov'ners
Not by the voters
And so all's left to do is preen
Because all that matters is how he looks on the screen
Ryan
Veteran Member

2020-04-15, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ω_ View Post
Nothing about todays meltdown at the pulpit?
I've long stopped giving a shit about his rallies masquerading as briefings. I want to hear from my governor and local health officials—they're the ones who will really decide how this crisis impacts me. And so far Colorado's had their shit together (mostly) so it's a relief to watch competent professionals rather than unhinged lunacy.
Dr. Bobsky

2020-04-18, 02:44

Trump is going to get people killed, and I don’t mean only by COVID-19. What a fucking degenerate.
¡Damned!

2020-04-18, 08:20

This last week for Michigan has been so embarrassing. Bunch of rubes with their oversized and underused pickups blocking ambulances. Great job gang. That'll get your point made. Plus, flying the Stars and Bars? Um, we're about as far north as you can get, guys. It's not a 'Good 'ol Boys' symbol, as much as you pretend it to be.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-04-24, 18:09

Because of its political implications, I'm shoving this post in here. And, no, I'm not following this down the rabbit hole. I just think this guy has stepped way over the line and is being an ass!

Short story:

Some stupid people held a "playtime protest" at a park. They intentionally organized, crossed a police barricade, and then a lady intentionally got herself arrested, all to draw attention to themselves. Then Bundy sent out the home address of the arresting police officer and called for a protest in front of the officer's home. Finally, Mr. "I believe in individual liberty" demanded the "right" to trespass on the officer's private property in order to confront him. So much for liberty!

Quote:
"You've been told not to come on the property," one of the officers responds.

"You don't get to make the rules here!" Bundy yells back.
The officers are protecting a U.S. citizen, but they don't get to make the rules? No, they don't, but they do get to enforce the existing private property laws that this "pro freedom" jackass is trying to trample on.

Hypocrite! Makes me want to cuss—and I did—but I got it all out of my system.

I am a freedom loving individual, I believe strongly in my right to assemble, speak, worship, carry a firearm, etc., etc., etc.! But this isn't about that. This jackass and his stupid, selfish worshippers are only trying to stay in the spotlight. Their cause is not righteous, it is not good, and it is not about freedom. And it needs to be shamed! I've come to believe that this jerk wants to be in charge so that he can crush those who do not believe what he believes. He is not fighting for liberty, but for power—his own!

Hell, even our very conservative Republican Governor wants nothing to do with it:

Quote:
Gov. Brad Little was even more succinct when asked during a Thursday press conference what he thought about Bundy and his group showing up at the officer's home.

"Disgusting," the governor replied. "Next question."
Not now. This is not the time!

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-04-24 at 18:21.
¡Damned!

2020-05-15, 19:35

Reminder: This President is a grifter, a criminal, a sociopath, and a moron.

Among other, worse things.