Password
AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

MAJOR PiratePalooza Update

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MAJOR PiratePalooza Update
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-08-27, 09:28

After the wildly positive reception of this year's Cardboard*Con website Captain Drew approached me about re-doing his PiratePalooza website and we began discussing it around April. It wasn't until June that we began to actively discuss all the things that would need to happen and in July I began work on the site.

Moving the WordPress blog to a subdomain was the first technical hurdle. Once that was complete we began work on a new hand-coded site. When you're working on content, art, and code simultaneously it takes a lot longer - and it didn't help that the Captain insisted on including a page about himself which meant field research.

Along the way a club was created, hearts were broken, lives were lost (and found again).

I hope that you'll actually take time to read some of the stuff....

http://www.piratepalooza.com/

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2012-08-27, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
... which meant field research.
Translation: sitting on side-by-side toilets sharing many gallons of rum.

(or in this case, sitting on the toilet with a gallon or so of rum with a dressing mirror propped up against the opposite wall - and really, who among us hasn't?)
Mac+
9" monochrome

2012-08-27, 18:16

drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-08-27, 18:24

LOLOLOLOL!!

We have such good conversations!

This reminds me that I need to post something Minecraft related on there.

Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2012-08-27, 18:48

That is an extraordinary feat of sustained copywriting (and website coding, I'm sure). I traced it as far as the book on Amazon. It's really well done, frankly. I hope this malarkey makes Captain Drew rich!

To that end, I see the Captain's all set up for a generous millionaire (old site). But is Jennifer Aniston his best bet as the barter option? Is there no-one of slightly lower celebrity who might more realistically catch word of her mention there, and take him up on his offer for her own publicity/a laugh/some kind of charity initiative? The resulting publicity might work well for the Captain and such a celebrity alike, perhaps; and if said minor celebrity had 10,000 followers on Twitter, you just never know what might happen.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-08-27, 20:51

Well, he's also into the hot mom from The Gilmore Girls, but he needs to listen to someone like you to get going in the right circles

AWR
Veteran Member

2012-08-28, 03:50

Super!! Really. And I needed a new rPlank shirt (and maybe boy shorts for me softer, kinder, grrrrer half). Noting that it's not the GAP, best for the crawl.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-08-28, 07:36

But what about THIS year's glow-in-the-dark shirts with a badass skellie pirate?

or the same shirt, as seen in a really dark room after being in bright sunlight?

(yes, glow-in-the-dark ink)

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter