Unfair locking of threads

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Unfair locking of threads
Page 5 of 8 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  Next Thread Tools
applenerd
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-05-15, 21:08

my last posted hinted at some things for those who don't read carefully. I don't think anyone here is a bitch (although some of my previous posts were bitchy). Enough name calling though. Disscuss the actual problem (and it is not me). I don't think it is wussy that I took on the over 100 mean posts to me either, but this post is not (or should not) be about me. It is about an. So, any people have any decent response to my previous post?
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-05-15, 21:12

And until you own up to your piss poor etiquette and trying to post behind another user account, no one is going to listen to the other things you're trying to say.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-05-15, 21:19

I'm surprised he's not banned yet.

IRELAND didn't last this long.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-05-15, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrENGLISH™
I'm surprised he's not banned yet.

IRELAND didn't last this long.
Well, Ireland has AI to play on.
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2006-05-15, 21:33

I'll reluctantly bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenerd
Constructive criticism.
Indeed.

Quote:
For example, after the feb 28 disaster you shut down all of the posts saying the event was passed.
Yes. The Feb. 28 event had passed by the time Brad locked the thread. That's usually par for the course at this site: threads relating to specific events (MWSF, etc.) are closed when the event itself ends. Any continuations--generally on the event's outcome or on specific products released--are resurrected in subsequent threads.

Quote:
This is such a controlled environment.
Moderated forums are, by definition.

Quote:
A forum as defined by wordnet (from princeton): a public meeting or assembly for open discussion. OPEN discussion.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Why are you shutting things down so often. I really don't understand it.
"So often"? Care to give us some numbers? Actually, the number of threads I've seen locked have been average in recent weeks.

Quote:
...but I am dissapointed at how quick people are to shut down forums.
I presume you mean "threads," not "forums." A define "quick"; the Feb. 28th thread you referred to above went on for a week.

Quote:
Someone out there agree's a little that too many threads are locked.
Who is this other person that agrees?

Quote:
The environment here is so controlled, brad could make us believe apple released its video ipod (uhoh, when they release that this thread may be outdated) by posting that and closing anything against it (a small exageration).
That's quite a leap from the Feb. 29th thread lock to the scenario you outline. The exaggeration is certainly not small.

And why always point out Brad? Why not the "mods" or "admins"? It isn't as if their actions here must be rubberstamped by Brad before taking effect.

Quote:
I really think this site could be more pleasant.
It is already, and quite so.

Quote:
(...just tear me and my good friend badBrad apart).
Ah, there's the answer to one of my earlier questions.
bonzoa

2006-05-15, 21:33

you should see the moderators on the espn board. they ban people for nothing at all - even posting plain critiques of players the admin's don't like. i agree that admin abuse is rampant, but this is all over the internet and just causes people to start their own sites. i would recommend doing that. otherwise, i have to agree that internet space is becoming more and more territorial.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-05-15, 21:37

Grammarpolice? where art thou?
bonzoa

2006-05-15, 21:38

that's grammar. lol.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-05-15, 22:06

You know.
If AppleNova were a theme park, and were I a highly placed admin, I would enjoy putting on a disguise and walking amongst my people.

Gentlemen (and lady who has yet to show me her internet boobs), I put it to you that badBrad/AppleNerd is none other than our own Brad in digital disguise.

This is such a wonderful gift of trollosity that I'd hate to think that there's any reality attached to this joyous ass-whacking fun.

[Edit:] I suggest that this thread be elevated to a forum-wide sticky... transparency of process and all that....

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
colivigan
Veteran Member

2006-05-15, 22:25

You know, I had similar thoughts myself. The banning should have happened long ago.

I love the word "trollosity", btw. It would be a great name for a rock band.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-05-15, 22:27

Sometimes, you step on the bug. Sometimes, you tear the legs off one at a time, then take out the lighter fluid and a magnifying glass and set it on fire.

Then you step on it.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-05-15, 22:28

Where's the Zippo fluid when you need it?
colivigan
Veteran Member

2006-05-15, 22:29

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. One of the best lines. Ever.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-05-15, 23:11

Applenerd/badbrad/whoever you are,

Go fuck a duck,
suck it and find it yuck
and try your luck with a buck,
and tuck its equipment in your muck,
For indeed you are a sick fuck.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2006-05-16, 02:43

Beastiality for the...um...gross? Then again, applenerd/badbrad seems to have the qualities of a furry. Maybe she'd like it.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2006-05-16, 05:19

Hmmm.....

I'm not sure I don't smell a rat here.

Hmmm.....

<thinks about long tradition of members pretending to be other people>

Hmmm.....
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2006-05-16, 05:43

Oompa Loompa
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2006-05-16, 05:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester
Hmmm.....

I'm not sure I don't smell a rat here.

Hmmm.....

<thinks about long tradition of members pretending to be other people>

Hmmm.....

Yes, but is it a rat, or a dog, or both?

Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2006-05-16, 06:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBrad
(...)

for those who have seen james bond:
"I am invincible"
Sounds like something the villain would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept
(...)

3) because they contain spam, self-promotion, or attention-seeking behaviour on the part of the thread originator.

(...)
Attention seekers. Tired of real life and unwilling to get of their ass to work out their apparently ever growing problems with everybody and their mom. Then they post a myriad of threads, mostly about pity parties where they encourage everybody to whine along with them so they aren't the only ones feeling like the shit they are. If the forum has a certain theme/topic they might attempt to claim to be experts in a doomed attempt to get some social status. They try to impose their misery on others, just to act like their mentor. They never had a girlfriend, and that's probably also best for the girl, whoever she wasn't. Eventually, they all get banned.

I am thankful that I don't have to watch such stupidity unfold here at AN.
applenerd
BANNED

2006-05-16, 08:42

Obviously the sarcasm in many of my forums has not been noticed. I am also surprised I am not banned, but I must say I like keeping my applenerd account (don't care about the badbrad fiasco anymore). If anyone has been on sitepoint.com or apples own discussion I don't know if I have seen a locked thread. they are also moderated and have tons of repeated threads, but they are never closed. I cannot even name a single mod or admin. I pick on brad because a) he locks a lot and b) its more fun (half of this thread is for fun if you have not noticed). Also, this is gotta be one of the fastest growing threads on an (sad [or nice depending on how you look at it] how many people stick up for an). The vulgar language is also uneccesary and makes it hard to disscus the thread. A moderated forum is supposed to prevent misuse (bad stuff, not an outdated post), but not control the $env to such a degree that someone like me has to become a pinata. Go back a little in the speculation+rumors and you will see that in some cases nearly half of the threads are locked.

applenerd/our good friend badBrad
applenerd
BANNED

2006-05-16, 08:45

By the way, the admins who change my username to badbrads bed bud are freaking weird. perverts.
Barto
Student extraordinaire

2006-05-16, 08:53

In the words of the illustrious Murbot: die in a fire.

Also I'm afraid you can't unilaterally decide you "don't care about the badbrad fiasco anymore". Sorry, doesn't work like that.

The sky was deep black; Jesus still loved me. I started down the alley, wailing in a ragged bass.
applenerd
BANNED

2006-05-16, 09:00

This thread is really funny. People are really angry. The last post also makes no sense. What do you mean it does not work like that? People are hanging on every word when half of my posts are sarcasm. Gosh, people just don't understand humor anymore. I'm going to go find a new mac rumor site.

Have fun in propagandaville.

FORUM CLOSED BY MR. INVINCIBLE
MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-05-16, 09:00

applenerd,

you are one bad apple and it's time to throw you out of the AN basket before you spoil the good apples.
applenerd
BANNED

2006-05-16, 09:08

I'm not a bad apple. I'm just and apple that does not like the other apples I am with. And I chose to tell them that. Anyone on a mac is a good apple.

I just found a better forum, so bye.
colivigan
Veteran Member

2006-05-16, 09:09

Quote:
If anyone has been on sitepoint.com or apples own discussion I don't know if I have seen a locked thread. they are also moderated and have tons of repeated threads, but they are never closed.
I don't know about sitepoint, but on the Apple discussion boards the reason you rarely see a locked thread is pretty simple. If the mother ship detects objectionable content, it simply aims the death ray and that discussion gets zapped out of existence. I've seen threads with hundreds of posts in them disappear *poof* like that.

The dancing lock is much more civilized.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2006-05-16, 09:09

He's totally high on his own BS!

Typical attention whore. And we are dumb enough to feed him. Well, if he likes to eat our verbal poop, I guess it's ok. since I suppose this feeding is being done under the proper observation by the mods.

EDIT:
Quote:
Also typical attention whore behaviour. Threatens to leave but keeps coming back for more. Get lost for real! I dare you applenerd.

Barto
Student extraordinaire

2006-05-16, 09:10

Quote:
Be gone!
Good riddance!
Don't let the pavement hit your arse on your way out!
MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-05-16, 09:11

Quote:
I'm not a bad apple. I'm just and apple that does not like the other apples I am with. And I chose to tell them that. Anyone on a mac is a good apple.

Don't trip on your way out!
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-05-16, 09:13

And so it is done.

Enjoy your newly found forums. Please never come back.