AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck
Page 9 of 10 First Previous 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  Next Thread Tools
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-11-10, 20:34

Hey brad, don't forget the Paulydome! I'm not going thru another two weeks of vertigo to rebuild that.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-11-10, 20:37

I've been on here and there the last couple of days, but rarely when others have been on. Saw Drew and Grey for a little bit.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-10, 21:15

I'm building a low-rent underwater tunnel over to Rowdy's place... when I'm on.
¡Damned!

2011-11-11, 18:52

Prerelease 6 is out now too with Enderdragons and whatnot. Should we jump right in given that we'll only be in Loch Greene for another week? What could go wrong?

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-11, 19:15

Yeah c'mon!!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-11, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
I've been on here and there the last couple of days, but rarely when others have been on. Saw Drew and Grey for a little bit.
Can I punch my tunnel into your place, since this world is for naught anyway?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-11, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Prerelease 6 is out now too with Enderdragons and whatnot. Should we jump right in given that we'll only be in Loch Greene for another week? What could go wrong?
Sunday they're supposed to release beta 1.9 pre-7 which should fix some regressions caused by pre-6. The biggest and most annoying regression is that wooden doors currently act as iron doors. (wtf!)

I think we can wait just two more days unless you guys feel really strongly about this.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-11, 19:46

Can we have power wands and compasses tonight???
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-11, 20:11

Nope, those abilities came from Bukkit plugins.

Hmm... here's a thought. There's actually a branch of Bukkit for pre-5 (there were no Bukkit builds for any of the other beta 1.9 pre-releases), but I haven't tested it at all. I could take it for a spin locally this evening and, if it things work out, we could have a free-for-all tomorrow night. Yay or nay?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-11, 20:17

I'm open to it!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-11, 21:26

Curses and Cranberries, let's do it!!!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-11, 22:30

So I was working on my Theater PC tonight and desired to install MC on it while I was waiting for it to do some stuff. My daughter got a pic:

Playing on a 32" TV is interesting. Especially with a mouse instead of a trackpad. Let's just say immersive barely describes it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2011-11-11, 22:39

wat in the hell are you drinking? chambord?
¡Damned!

2011-11-11, 22:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Hmm... here's a thought. There's actually a branch of Bukkit for pre-5 (there were no Bukkit builds for any of the other beta 1.9 pre-releases), but I haven't tested it at all. I could take it for a spin locally this evening and, if it things work out, we could have a free-for-all tomorrow night. Yay or nay?
Yay, indeed, with one caveat. I'd like to get the world-file before mass destruction. I mean, I don't need it beforehand, but I would like a file pre-apocolyse if that's cool.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-11, 22:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Especially with a mouse instead of a trackpad.
The only way to play.
¡Damned!

2011-11-11, 22:50

Quote:
apocolyse
Wow. I would love to blame that shit on my keyboard.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-11-12, 01:20

Drew, let's see where it matches up. That could go right into my pumpkin/melon farm.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-12, 09:24

Quote:
wat in the hell are you drinking? chambord?
Just red wine. Duplin Scuppernong Blush

Doc say it will help my heart so I enjoy a glass at the end of every night (that I have the wine in stock).

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-12, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
There's actually a branch of Bukkit for pre-5 (there were no Bukkit builds for any of the other beta 1.9 pre-releases), but I haven't tested it at all. I could take it for a spin locally this evening and, if it things work out, we could have a free-for-all tomorrow night.
Basic tests look good so far! I'm about to shut down the server to make the changes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-12, 16:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Drew, let's see where it matches up. That could go right into my pumpkin/melon farm.
Ooops.
I already done did it...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-12, 16:59

WORLDS COLLIDE.

And, as you might notice from the screenshot, I just discovered that ender dragons drop a SHITTON of XP.
¡Damned!

2011-11-12, 17:22

Nice!

Does the building in the new world need to be on the same (y) level as in the old world? Like, does whatever tool you use move the entire chunk from 0-128?

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-12, 17:40

I can select and copy arbitrary rectangular prism areas and put them wherever.

That said, moving very large structures (like your museum, unfortunately) may be difficult or impossible. It took several world-lagging seconds just for the money bin to materialize. The museum (or RS's Parapa Palace) are many tens of times larger, and I fear we may hit the memory ceiling and crash the server. That's not going to stop me from at least trying, though.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-11-12, 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Just red wine. Duplin Scuppernong Blush

Doc say it will help my heart so I enjoy a glass at the end of every night (that I have the wine in stock).
Not to question the strength of the placebo effect, but red wine/resveratrol have no proven benefit to health.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-12, 19:09

Screw proof!!!! Enjoy the placebo effect!!

So when do we play tonight? I'm going on now to see which of you idiots are already in-game. Brad, if I could talk my friend Delphi into coming aboard tonight could you stitch him into the white list? I'll get his game name shortly.

I'd like him to see us at our worst.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-12, 23:15

The destruction is massive! So much fun. Had to step away though. You should come on the server if you get the chance.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-13, 00:01

THAT was FUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!
thank you brad, thanks T, and all.
I may have made your cows explode.
Delphi said he almost understands Minecraft now

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-11-13, 00:06

Did the server finally fall over for good? Last time I got booted, I couldn't log back in...figure I'll finally call it a night. That was a blast (figuratively and literally!).
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-13, 00:58

Nope, server held up fine. I just logged out and load was high (2.94) but CPU was still good in the 60% range. Not bad over all. It was great fun!

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-11-13, 01:04

Brad, could you try grabbing them in pieces and moving?