Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

What to do with bad neighbors

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What to do with bad neighbors
WBG4

Send a message via ICQ to WBG4 Send a message via AIM to WBG4  
2006-11-25, 22:53

I have some of the worst neighbors one can imagine. They bang drunk chicks a couple nights a week into the wee hours, and they have a sub woofer that they will literally shake the house with. (i live in a bunch of like little town houses. This is student housing but cal poly really isn't a party school, in-fact these kids don't even go to cal poly, they go to the community college near by) and they like to do this on week nights and during the day. What makes it worse is the apartment manager does not seem to want enforce the noise rules in the lease.

So anyway they left their window wide open on this long holiday weekend with out even a screen (thanks to the fact that they knocked it out during a drunken party last week) so what should i do? I would like to make things quiet for a few weeks

Comic sans sucks.
That is all
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-11-25, 23:08

I'm in the same situation... my next-door neighbors are college kids who party hardy almost every weekend.

A couple weeks ago they had a particularly well-attended and rowdy 3-keg party. I was in the kitchen around 1 AM, and I saw this guy answering nature's call onto our front steps. I pulled a spotlight out of the drawer, opened the window and blasted him in the face during the act. He whipped around to see where the light was coming from and dribbled on his shoes, tried to pinch it off, and walked away awkwardly. I kept the light directly on him, so about 15 people in the front yard next door were watching him by then.

The party quieted right down after that.

You ask me for a hamburger.
WBG4

2006-11-25, 23:13

Awesome! We (me and one of my house mates) were thinking about adding cameras to their rooms and sell the footage of them banging drunk chicks online. BUt that could be a messy legal battle

Comic sans sucks.
That is all
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-11-26, 00:11

Not if you cover your trail. Plenty of people have access to their place, not just you... thing is, I'm not sure such a thing would embarrass them. They might actually enjoy the fame. Better that you ruthlessly damage their reputation somehow.

...into the light of a dark black night.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-11-26, 00:29

I live in a nice neighborhood close to campus, but every other house is a rental so there are plenty of parties. What makes the house next to us interesting is that it is populated solely by foreign students. Lithuania, Pakistan, Brazil, and a few other eastern European countries are "represented". Anyway, they don't throw huge parties or bang many drunk chicks (their last party was apparently in celebration of some guy getting an A on his big chem test ) but they do have the most annoying music!! Some crazy pakistani pop music that sounds like Brittany Spears on acidmore acid, with a sitar. Wonderful when you are trying to sleep at 3 in the morning.

My favorite story about drunk parties has to be at my friend's house a few blocks closer to campus down the street. He lives in a much heavier party area (surrounded by frats and sororities and rentals). Anyway, his neighbors always throw huge parties friday night, and they are visibly rowdy. Him and I and a few other XC people were staying the night at his house, friday night, and about 2 in the morning the house next store was just going crazy! People yelling, cursing, music, etc... We decided to get his airsoft guns out and mess with them. I got this M-16 like thing, semi-auto but it could fire auto if you wanted to. My friend had his AK-47, fully auto, and the other guys had a gas powered pistol and semi-auto gun. We got loaded up and took up positions in nearby trees and bushes; I was about ground level in a hedge. At a point when a lot of people were outside kicking a trash-can around we opened fire, spraying the yard from all directions. Damn, those drunks were so confused! The more sober ones took cover inside, but the wasted ones would just roll around on the ground cursing. A bunch were yelling that these bees were stinging them, which I though was funny. After the yard was cleared they seemed quieter, and we got some sleep. I love drunk people, especially when they are being loud and no one cares if you mess with them
WBG4

2006-11-26, 00:40

I mess with drunk people walking back home on fridays with my laser pointer. A red dot on the ground confuses the hell out of them
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2006-11-26, 00:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBG4 View Post
This is student housing but cal poly really isn't a party school,
Dude, you are missing something. I have a brother, 3 cousins, and various other friends at Cal Poly. It IS a party school. End of story.

As for your other problem, blackmail works pretty well. Or, if it is someone I know, I'll tell them to kindly shut the hell up of your behalf.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
WBG4

2006-11-26, 00:46

Hehe what majors are they? and by not a party school i mean we're not on the map
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

2006-11-26, 00:52

Computer Science, Business, Agriculture or something, another business, and I don't know the other 4. One just started, an the other, well, I'm a little afraid to ask because of her senior project. It was, uh, odd to say the least.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2006-11-26, 00:57

So I've got this totally awesome townhouse I'm renting with my friends, but this one loser next door keeps knocking on our door and telling us to, like, turn the music down or something. What the fuck kind of a loser is this kid? It's cool though, the guy we're renting from doesn't care. I mean, he's not a loser like our neighbor. And the cops around here are pretty cool too, they never bust up our parties.

The best part, though, is that none of us gives a shit about those arrogant Cal Poly boys. We're all just going to this community college nearby. It's cheaper and there are lots of loose women! None of the teachers even care if we go to class or not, so we can party all week long!
WBG4

2006-11-26, 01:04

:snicker: That sounds like my neighbors cept they want to get into Cal Poly. Also the cops do care, and the night guy hates their guts, He thinks they have a police scanner because they keep turning their music down just before the cops get there

Comic sans sucks.
That is all
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-11-26, 01:30

I just looked out my bedroom window and some guy was running around my neighbor's house in only a toga! WTF?

I think I'll give them the gift of "curtains" this holiday season.
WBG4

2006-11-26, 01:43

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-11-26, 02:03

You can always start doing things like anchovy juice poured into their furnace exhaust.
hiltond

Send a message via AIM to hiltond  
2006-11-26, 03:36

Man I wish I lived in a fun neighborhood. You guys are so lucky.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-11-26, 10:15

Heed Alcimedes word and go forth, spreading the good news. Vengeance against the mentally unarmed (i.e. most people who throw over-the-top parties with no regard for neighbors) is a righteous cause. Make their lives hell. Put dead fish under their car seats, smelly bombs in their HVAC, ex-lax in their punch bowl, non-venemos snakes in their mail slot and open windows, hairy spiders in their beds... go to their parties, blend in, and ruin. Razor blade important pages out of their text books, put vaseline on their computer screens and keypads, let the air out of their car tires at 3am on exam night... all the while leaving them helpful messages via US mail, signed by "the overlord".

PWN THEM until they stop... or relocate.

...into the light of a dark black night.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-11-26, 10:22

Befriend them and then crash the fuck out of their parties a few times.... Like, puke everywhere, drop some drugs around the place, break stuff when drunk, and take a dump in one of their beds. Then go home and call the police and say you just left a party where they are doing drugs.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-11-26, 10:25

I must say I'm a little disappointed that most "solutions" here amount to "be like them for a day or two".
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-11-26, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I must say I'm a little disappointed that most "solutions" here amount to "be like them for a day or two".
That's because we are all secretly jealous, and want to experience their lives, with the option to then destroy them later (when we feel ashamed).
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-11-26, 10:53

Last night around 1 I was serenaded by some wonderful live music. A sitar and some homemade drums, complete with male a female vocals! I must say it wasn't bad, but it was rather hard to sleep when they would get into it. It sounded like they were singing in my closet!
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-11-26, 11:13

You shouldn't stress over those rowdy guys. Treat yourself to a cocktail or even better yet, share with them... What was that cocktail called... Something like Molotov, I think... I'm not sure. It has really a bang to it.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-11-26, 13:05

I think I'll pass

WBG4

2006-11-26, 15:03

You guys kick total and complete ass!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-11-26, 15:24

Scratt's idea is the most intriguing because it lets you get a good idea of who these people are... while you might consider it "casing them" to figure out how to prank the everloving SHIT out of them, it may also build a "dialogue" between you that allows a more fruitful exchange of niceties, which is always good.

You: "Hey guys, I have a big test tomorrow, could you kick it down a few ticks"
Them: "Oh yeah, sure man, sorry if we were keeping you up! Come by tomorrow night when your tests are over and we'll party!"

Plus, you might get a chance to bang some drunken chicks!!!!!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2006-11-26, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Plus, you might get a chance to bang some drunken chicks!!!!!
Why does everything around here end in banging drunk chicks?
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2006-11-26, 16:23

WHOA!
Hold it right there.
Are you trying to imply that there is some other way to end something?

Last edited by ThunderPoit : 2006-11-26 at 16:23. Reason: hat, that, its all the same
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2006-11-26, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
Is that a problem?

I would suggest getting some stolen credit-card numbers off the Internet and start buying all kinds of nice stuff for their address that the police is bound the come and investigate. Or perhaps rig their house with cameras and microphones and sell the recordings to a Belorussian TV station for their reality-propaganda show about why Americans are stupid and living in a communist dictatorship is awesome.

And while you are installing the bugs, you must not forget to treat yourself to some drunken chicks.

Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

2006-11-26, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
because this is the closest thing us geeks will come to getting some tail.

... and anyone who says otherwise is a lying sack of crap.

Last edited by Ebby : 2006-11-26 at 16:42.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-11-26, 16:36

If you can't beat 'em. Join 'em.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2006-11-26, 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrookie View Post
If you can't beat 'em. Join 'em.
Why join them when you can beat them?