Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Frozen iPod.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Frozen iPod.
sweetsistermary

2005-12-07, 03:40

Hi,

I have one of the 10gig scroll wheel iPods, and it was working fine until tonight.

I was listening to a book on it while it was plugged into a outlet, so it was charging at the same time.

When it indicated it was fully charged, I disconnected it like I have countless times before.

The Charged screen and icon is now frozen and the iPod won't respond.

So far, I have:

- tried hooking it to my computer with the USB port and starting iTunes. iTunes says I don't have one connected.

- I downloaded the current version of the updater and restore software. I rebooted my computer and started the program. It says there was no iPod connected.

- I tried toggling the Hold switch and pressing the middle wheel and menu button. I tried that for 20 minutes.

- I plugged the iPod into an outlet to see if I could trick it into charging again. Nothing.

I can hear it clicking, like it does when you start iTunes and I can hear it whirring but nothing will get it far enough along for me to restore it because nothing recognizes that it's plugged in.

It was working fine up until the second I disconnected it from the outlet.

Is there ANY way I can force my computer into recognizing it so I could try and restore it to see if that works?

Every other thing I've read through Google seems to think that the middle wheel button/menu thing should work just fine - it doesn't.
chucker
‽

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-12-07, 03:49

Have you tried resetting it?
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-12-07, 03:56

Leave it on, disconnect from Mac - let the battery drain fully. Then recharge - it should work.
sweetsistermary

2005-12-07, 05:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
Have you tried resetting it?
I stated in my post that I had already tried this and it didn't work.