Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

PPPoE in OS 9?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
PPPoE in OS 9?
bigsam1

2004-07-12, 14:03

Hey,

Isn't there some control panel that has PPPoE dialer built in. I haven't used 9 in ages and I forgot. Someone please tell me how to do it.
ATS

2004-07-12, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsam1
Hey,

Isn't there some control panel that has PPPoE dialer built in. I haven't used 9 in ages and I forgot. Someone please tell me how to do it. :\
Could you be thinking of MacPOET? If so, I don't recall ever seeing it as a standalone; it's usually distributed as part of a broadband starter kit.

And I seem to recall that it had some stability issues, thought I don't remember anything specific. If you can instead get a router that supports PPPoE -- and they're not expensive, I've seen 'em for under $50 -- you can avoid the compatibility issues altogether.

Last edited by ATS : 2004-07-12 at 16:03.
kafelatte

2004-07-12, 15:38

MacPoET, it is made by a third party, as I recollect downloading a free update when I had trouble with Verizon's copy. Wind River? If you can't find let me know, I''m sure installer is here somewhere on a BU.
Forced Perfect

2004-07-12, 18:16

You might be thinking of Enternet, the newer version (Enternet 300, I think) has a plug-in for Remote Access that makes it think you're connecting with a modem.

Enternet isn't bad, I haven't tried MacPOET, though.