Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC Renderings
Page 2 of 4 Previous 1 [2] 3 4  Next Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-05-31, 19:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Would you mind doing one of those for my mansion? I would love to see how it would come out! These so far have been great. Really well done.
Don't mind at all! Do you mean the one on the hilltop far south of town?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-05-31, 19:21

Yeah, that's the one!
¡Damned!

2014-05-31, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason Gojira doesn't seem as threatening to the city as he should be.

The building to the right looks more of a menace.
¡Damned!

2014-05-31, 20:49

Quote:
I'm pretty happy with this one.

This is fantastic... but it goes against the Prime Directive! You're freaking those Viking-era serpent hunters out!
¡Damned!

2014-05-31, 21:26

Quote:
But seriously you should totally try playing Minecraft. All the images you see rendered here are things that we've constructed in-game on our AppleNova server. If "building" isn't your thing, then there's still fun to be had adventuring, fighting baddies, and collecting resources to stay alive.
Or just walking around and taking in the sights. There's really no pressure to "play" at all. Everyone is more than happy to give a tour, and even if you just want to fart around for a bit, it's really interesting.

Minecraft isn't at all like some of those other multi-player games where you need to "level-up" to be as good as the other players. You'll be as good as us from day 1, and we all have extra tools and armor to get you going.

The other stuff you'll learn as you go, but for the most part it's all very intuitive. Lava is hot, water will drown you, if it's chasing you it wants you dead, etc.

It's the easiest game on the planet, and it's entirely up to the player if they want to try something more challenging. If not, no biggie, the quality of the game doesn't change.

Lastly, I've never experienced a game with a bigger "you need help with that? ok, on my way" crowd. It's just nice.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2014-05-31, 21:49

This got me thinking - we've usually (well, in a lot of the worlds) had a hotel available for people to claim a bed near spawn.

Is it too late to move one of them over? bobsky's or Brad's PO would be most likely given their dual-purpose. The gherkin would be cool, but it's just a hotel (though lovely ).

[edit]: the spot behind the Ender Memorial might be perfect, if whammer gives the ok to build over that small wheat farm. I don't think he uses it anymore, but check to be sure.

Also - apologies for the individual posts. I'm on my phone and have limited machine access this month.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-05-31 at 22:23.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-05-31, 22:05

I'm with those guys. Come on in. Have a seat. Stay a spell.

We promise not to chop your head off … yet!

No, really. I once thought Minecraft was the dumbest thing on the planet, until a friend convinced me to try. Now, I'm hooked and have never played a game I'm more passionate about. It's like Lego's … with zombies!

We'll hook you up with some armor and food and a sword, show you around. It'll be awesome!

You can be a builder, an adventurer, a hunter, a miner. Whatever you want. Build something you could never afford to build out in the real world (Star Trek Enterprise, perhaps ), go on an adventure to explore that swamp over there, have a look at hell (my favorite adventure in the game), hunt zombies, explore abandoned mines, find yourself a kitty cat in the jungle. There can be a point with a goal, or not. You can build a fancy house, or not. You can tag along on one of our many adventures, or not. The game can be terribly focused, or completely pointless. Which direction you take is up to you.

I loved Legos as a kid, and still do. Minecraft is like digital Legos.

I loved the exploring and adventuring of Halo. Minecraft can be that.

Like The Legend of Zelda? Build those places like Brad!

Cut, carve, chop, dig, build, whack, hunt, fish, drink, eat. It's a giant, unlimited digital playground. Well, maybe a touch limited, depending on the server's hard drive!

I built a towering glass globe, Grey built an amusement park, Brad built the Star trek Enterprise (as you've seen ). Some have ventured out into the boonies to build fantastic mountain-top retreats. You can walk the long, scenic way (over the river and through the woods) or take a shortcut through the burning, dangerous Nether (made safer due to the group's efforts). Be a digital purist and find all your own materials, or mine for valuables and trade them in the mart. Be a solo artist, or take part in a group build. Take a hike on your own or team up with others and hold hands as you prance through the daisy's!

AWESOME

STUFF

There are only a few, simple rules. Follow them, and the sky is the limit (well, until you reach level 255, anyway ).

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2014-05-31 at 22:18.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-01, 11:54

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-01, 13:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
This got me thinking - we've usually (well, in a lot of the worlds) had a hotel available for people to claim a bed near spawn.

Is it too late to move one of them over? bobsky's or Brad's PO would be most likely given their dual-purpose. The gherkin would be cool, but it's just a hotel (though lovely ).

[edit]: the spot behind the Ender Memorial might be perfect, if whammer gives the ok to build over that small wheat farm. I don't think he uses it anymore, but check to be sure.
Not a bad idea! I'll post in the Land Claims thread.
becca

Send a message via AIM to becca  
2014-07-12, 17:47

This is really freakin cool.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-07-12, 21:19

Hey Brad, mind doing the front of that mansion of mine like you did the back of it? I would like to have a high res of that thing!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-12, 22:11

Quote:
Hey Brad, mind doing the front of that mansion of mine like you did the back of it? I would like to have a high res of that thing!
Oh! I totally forgot that I was going to do that. Sure, I'll take a stab at it tomorrow.

edit: Also, if you want to make any last-minute changes to it tonight, go right ahead. I'll fetch the latest world files tomorrow before I start working on it.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-07-12, 22:30

Cool, thanks!
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-07-12, 23:24

Hmm...I might start playing with these myself, now that I've got six cores and plenty of RAM to throw at it. I have an archived copy of the Bridgeport world; are any of the others available for download anywhere?

In the meantime, I'm using my BP archive to run a few test renders. If anything comes out decently I might post it here.

Last edited by SpecMode : 2014-07-13 at 00:00.
becca

2014-07-13, 00:20

I just spent the whole day in Bridgeport: definitely post those if they come out!

Last edited by becca : 2014-07-13 at 09:00. Reason: They =/= try
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-07-13, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
…definitely post those if try come out!

You still tipping' the ol' bottle?
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-07-13, 02:32

Here's a preview of a couple of renders I've set up of the original Mob Hill.

Neither render had emitters enabled, and for the first one, I'll probably leave it that way. I'm running a six ten-hour render of the second one with them, though; so far it looks like it's going to turn out quite nicely!

Last edited by SpecMode : 2014-07-13 at 02:51. Reason: Bumped up render to my full monitor resolution for wallpaper
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-07-13, 06:09

WIP renders, both with emitters enabled (click to embiggen):

¡Damned!

2014-07-13, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
I have an archived copy of the Bridgeport world; are any of the others available for download anywhere?
I'll second this. I was farting around in BP last week and wondered if we might be able to get the others somehow.

Running through BP on 1.0 was pretty fun. Lighting bugs around chests are common, but I haven't seen anything else too weird. Well, other than nothing sticking to glowstone. You'll lose a door trying to get into your room in The Gherkin now.

So it goes.
becca

2014-07-13, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post

You still tipping' the ol' bottle?
I used my phone to post and that's the best I could do. I'm sorry I did not thoughtfully complete and edit my post at the proper time. I will amend the error now.

-___-

I like to play nicely.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-07-13, 15:03

You silly girl!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-07-13, 15:04

Although the eiffel tower is not quite finished, can it be rendered?
becca

2014-07-14, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
You silly girl!
Sometimes!~~

Also, this is all great and everything, but where are the artistic renders?? Am I gonna have to contribute here?
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-07-14, 20:39

Can i request a render of my stable, barn, and silo? Animals wont show up, right?
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-07-14, 22:06

Only blocks are included in the render; entities are not (at least not when using Chunky).
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-07-15, 00:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
....but where are the artistic renders?? Am I gonna have to contribute here?
Sheesh.

The new girl sure is pushy.

Here, are you satisfied now??

becca

2014-07-15, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post

Here, are you satisfied now??

Sooooo that is pretty great. Like really amazing.

This is more what I was talking about.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-07-15, 08:49

What the heck is that supposed to be????

I guess it's not bad, for a beginner.

Keep trying!

becca

2014-07-15, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I guess it's not bad, for a beginner.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-07-15, 09:09

Well BE like that!!!