Anthony Wilson dies of cancer

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Anthony Wilson dies of cancer
Is it 1981?

2007-08-10, 17:28

From BBC News:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
The Salford-born entrepreneur, who founded Factory records, the label behind New Order and the Happy Mondays, was diagnosed last year.

The 57-year-old, also famous for setting up the Hacienda nightclub, underwent emergency surgery in January to remove a kidney.

He passed away on Friday evening at the Christie Hospital surrounded by family.
He may have been loved and loathed in equal measures in the past, but it's a sad day for music. Rest in peace.
Alex London

2007-08-11, 08:09

I never understood why he was loathed so much-didn't Peter Hook call him " the biggest cunt in Manchester"? I always enjoyed hearing him speak or reading his opinions. His influence and importance to the U.K music and dance scene, via Factory records ( no contracts with the artists- all done on trust) and the Hacienda Club is massive . It's all very sad, 57 years is way too young. Cancer is a bastard.
Edit; There must be those that do not know who we are talking about but may remember Steeve Coogan's portrayal of him in the wonderful 24 Hour Party People.

Last edited by Alex London : 2007-08-11 at 08:31.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-08-11, 08:49

Way to young such a shame. Rest in peace.