User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Reading Improvement Software

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Reading Improvement Software
jdulak

2006-06-29, 22:58

I'm an instructor at a small College and we have Ultimate Speed Reader to help students increase their reading speed. It only runs on System 9 and has been dropped by both the original author Borderbound (I'm not sure on the spelling), and whoever bought them out.

I really like this program because it understood how the eye works and had exercises that trained the eye to work more efficiently when reading, thus increasing your reading speed.

I have been unable to find a program replacement and my time is running out for being able to use system 9 in the lab. I've got one maybe 2 more years before I get machines that will no longer run system 9.

The readings used in the program have to be suitable for college level students. The readings in Ultimate Speed Reader were for High School/College. Close enough.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe